collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Saunders  (Read 7068 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Dean Saunders
« on: October 04, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
BBC News - Dean Saunders wins appeal to overturn jail sentence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49934716

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
Re: Dean Saunders
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 01:19:46 PM »
I still don't understand a millionaire drink driving - he could literally have called up a helicopter - why?

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »
Footballers are, and always have been, by and large, I don't know, what's the proper term these days for, "a bit thick"? Unless these millionaires are going to spend their income on further and higher education, that's not going to change, they'll just be thick but minted.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 01:31:18 PM »
I still don't understand a millionaire drink driving - he could literally have called up a helicopter - why?
Is Deano a millionaire? I'd have thought he was playing a bit too early to catch the PL crazy wages avalanche?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 02:07:24 PM »
Is Deano a millionaire? I'd have thought he was playing a bit too early to catch the PL crazy wages avalanche?

Well, he's unlikely to be sitting on tens of millions, but he was on 8k a week at Liverpool before he joined us, so likely to have earned a few million during his career (whereas the top players earn that in a season these days)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 02:32:25 PM »

Millionaire or not. If he has to fork out £50, £100, £150 to get himself home it's just loose change. Most of us have to think about how many hours we have got to work when handing out that amount for anything.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 02:33:38 PM »

I remember when he was at Villa there was a piece and some pictures on his home in Cheshire in the Sunday Mercury (I think as part of his signing on deal Villa paid for a driver to bring him to training in the Midlands and back). It was a very impressive home he was living him. It looked like his sofa was in a different postcode to his telly.

As for the drink/drive thing I was once told by somebody who seemed to know their law that if you are arrested for it you are entitled to read some statue of rights book at the police station which could buy you some time before taking a second breath test.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 03:00:25 PM »
BBC News - Dean Saunders wins appeal to overturn jail sentence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-49934716

Gosh, there's a shock.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »
Looks like he was originally jailed because he refused to do community service

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 10:13:08 PM »
I'd say the only surprise is that the judge agreed it crossed the custody threshold, albeit it should be suspended.

A case where he's copped it because he's famous and the courts didn't want to send out the wrong message.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2019, 10:36:09 PM »
Isn't one thread about this dick enough?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 10:43:32 PM »

Has done lots of after dinner speaking and had his shows on Talksport so that would keep him ticking over. Also all the managerial pay offs he's had in last five years!

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 11:58:05 PM »

I remember when he was at Villa there was a piece and some pictures on his home in Cheshire in the Sunday Mercury (I think as part of his signing on deal Villa paid for a driver to bring him to training in the Midlands and back). It was a very impressive home he was living him. It looked like his sofa was in a different postcode to his telly.

As for the drink/drive thing I was once told by somebody who seemed to know their law that if you are arrested for it you are entitled to read some statue of rights book at the police station which could buy you some time before taking a second breath test.

I think you will find that bit about reading a book is incorrect. All detainees are entitled to read a copy of
the codes of practice (PACE)whilst in custody however the station breath test procedure will not be held up whilst they read the book.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2019, 12:31:11 AM »
I know PACE very well and he is a lucky man

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2019, 07:46:32 AM »
His QC called him an “icon”  >:(

If he felt so humiliated with the footage being released then that’s the penalty for firstly committing the DD offence and secondly, still acting like a dick when caught

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal