collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Burnley Match Thread  (Read 29291 times)

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Burnley Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 02:37:00 PM »
Agree with others would have started with Trez, otherwise happy and not a bad bench.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 02:48:19 PM »
We need this today! C'mon you Villa Boys!!

If there are any pms going about I would be eternally grateful.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »
Jack wide'ish?

Or McGinn possibly on right of a narrow midfield three with Grealish and El Ghazi. They have two very slow full backs on the turn so we should be trying to get in behind them. McGinn could be ideal for that. Much happier with the team selection 👌

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »
I'm just buzzing to have a couple of hours worrying about this instead of the death of civilisation.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »
Harsh on Taylor.

With that sort of line up we are looking for more attacking threat from the fullbacks. Taylor has done ok at times defensively this season, but offers nothing going forward.

He's done more than "ok at times defensively", he's been as good as we've needed. He was targeted last week at Arsenal and never gave them a sniff. So much so they abandoned the tactic and tried, with greater success on our right.

I can only imagine Targett has been brought in to match the thugish size of the Burnley attack. Still, at least we'll finally get to see him in action and can make up our own minds. Another week out and he'd have been talked about as the English Roberto Carlos.

I would have thought it was more about the lack of width with the forward players selected that has seen Targett get the nod today. In the modern game your fullbacks are almost your most important players. They need to be able to contribute in both attacking and defensive scenarios.

Taylor has done ok, but I think the time has come to see what the fullback we signed for £14 million can do.

I never blame him for his price tag and look forward to his crosses. Maybe we'll see El Ghazi passing it back every time he gets the ball but this time to somebody that can actually cross. It's his defensive qualities that scare the shit out of me. It's lazy to say he's the right player to play at home unless the opposition don't intent attacking down the left third of the pitch. Somehow I can't see that happening very often.

Happy the Marvelous is in there, somebody will need to break up the fight between Woods and Tyrone. It should be an interesting battle. We can not allow Burnley to bully us today and I think Dean has gone for physical strength ahead of flair.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2019, 02:51:46 PM »
I can see a Conor goal today. He gets into those spots and he'll be helpful to Wes in the box. Also having a proper set piece taker and a genuine threat from free kicks is a huge asset.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2019, 02:54:07 PM »
Jack wide'ish?

Or McGinn possibly on right of a narrow midfield three with Grealish and El Ghazi. They have two very slow full backs on the turn so we should be trying to get in behind them. McGinn could be ideal for that. Much happier with the team selection 👌

Yeah, I think that is a possibility given that El Ghazi has tended to play wide left much more than on the right. Interesting either way to see how it all fits together.

Pleased for Connor - think he has been unfortunate that his favoured/best position is also that of probably our two best players. I remember Dean talking about how he looks to try and get 3.5 goals on the pitch with his team selections, so that may be a factor in the decision as well.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2019, 02:54:09 PM »
Mings to score today. Tight game that could well be decided by a set piece or two.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
I can see a Conor goal today. He gets into those spots and he'll be helpful to Wes in the box. Also having a proper set piece taker and a genuine threat from free kicks is a huge asset.

Too bloody right. Anything to keep Jack away from freekicks and corners can only be a good thing. So many games we've wasted opportunities as we have nobody that can do what Conor does so well.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2019, 02:57:41 PM »
wanted conor and targett in - was expecting Trez instead of ELG thou .

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 02:58:33 PM »
I'm just buzzing to have a couple of hours worrying about this instead of the death of civilisation.

Ha! Chin up, mate. Villa to the rescue. (I hope)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2019, 02:59:53 PM »

Ha! Chin up, mate. Villa to the rescue. (I hope)

Yep, they've never let me down!

Offline steamer

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2019, 03:00:05 PM »
Any one on ATV Audio ?
No commentary just crowd noise

Offline steamer

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2019, 03:02:34 PM »
working now

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2019, 03:04:08 PM »
McGinn hits good chance over bar apparently.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal