collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread  (Read 36625 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2019, 01:12:26 AM »
Crikey that's a stick on handball.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2019, 01:13:45 AM »
We have heard previous managers say that the players were dropping to deep and we were penned in I did not expect to hear DS say the same, it is a tame excuse he is in charge of team structure and if certain players are not following instructions then they should be subbed. For me Wesley as big as he is needs to be close in to score and the only player that seems to be able to get to the by line to cross the ball is Grealish. The temperature is rising the stakes even at this early stage are getting higher for me we have the players but the structure and game plan are simply wrong.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2019, 01:44:48 AM »
Keep playing like today and we will be fine.  Stop panicking.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2019, 04:27:46 AM »

Just seen it. Unbelievable.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #229 on: September 23, 2019, 06:56:03 AM »
McGinn "That is two weeks in a row that teams down to 10 men have affected us badly. We have addressed it in the dressing room.

"I don't know if it is a lack of belief or tiredness, which it shouldn't be. We should be creating the chances but we weren't.

"We showed we are dangerous and scored a good goal, concede one and then show it again. But we got deeper and deeper and you can't do that. It is game management. It has cost us dearly this season.

"When you force pressure on yourself you get punished. We need to capitalise when things go for us in the game.

He’s absolutely spot on.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2019, 07:05:26 AM »
Firstly the positives. We played well I thought until we started to sit back. Wesley got himself another goal which will do his confidence the world of good. It's a game we should never have lost though and wouldn't have done had we not conceded the penalty and got given a penalty ourselves. We need to do better though and Smith needs to be a bit more cleverer with his decision making and I think it will come in time.

Online Clampy

« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2019, 07:08:33 AM »
I'm hearing from a reliable source certain players are getting a little frustrated with DS, one being Mcginn and his post match interview would confirm this.

Somehthing don't feel right

Interesting that you didn't post anything about it until you heard McGinn's interview. Just saying.

Online manic-road

« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2019, 07:14:14 AM »
I'm hearing from a reliable source certain players are getting a little frustrated with DS, one being Mcginn and his post match interview would confirm this.

I'm hearing from a reliable sauce, I won't mention his name but his initials are HP that the fickle are well and truly out early this season.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2019, 07:20:44 AM »
Keep playing like today and we will be fine.  Stop panicking.

Well no we won’t, because we’ll keep conceding late on in games if we do. We can be alright, but we need to stop doing what we did in the last 20 mins today.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2019, 07:22:58 AM »

Just seen it. Unbelievable.

An absolute stonewaller.  We have been our own worst enemies at times this season but we've also had some shocking decisions go against us that have certainly caused us to lose points.

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »
Yet it's not something VAR overturns.  They're too busy making sure a striker's individual leg hairs are all onside.

It's a farce. Use it properly, or scrap it.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2019, 07:46:13 AM »

Interesting that you didn't post anything about it until you heard McGinn's interview. Just saying.

I didn't think much of it to be honest then seen the interview and thought maybe there is something up and a few unhappy chaps.

Only time will tell

Online The Edge

« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2019, 08:08:58 AM »
ù
Yet it's not something VAR overturns.  They're too busy making sure a striker's individual leg hairs are all onside.

It's a farce. Use it properly, or scrap it.
Var can't tell the ref that he's missed a clear handball? I thought that was the whole point of it. To help the ref when he's made a clear and obvious error. So thats two trips to London and we've twice been on the end of shocking decisions that have cost us dearly. Seems obvious to me that the cockneys are getting to the var judges! Seriously though if we had got the right decision in both cases we could have two great away points under our belt and we would be feeling quite happy with Dean Smith & co.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:12:37 AM by The Edge »

Offline AllanW

« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2019, 08:47:58 AM »
All I'll say is I know someone who works indirectly for the club and thing's have apparently been a little odd since Palace.

And he's not known for bullshiting! (not even a football fan, so has no real interest in what goes on)

This.

This is the sort of things that kills clubs. The polite way of describing it in journalism is 'unattributed sources', in other industries it's called 'market sentiment' and in still others a 'whispering campaign' but what it really is is idle gossip. It's pure speculation because it has no substance but nevertheless purports to be real. It never is.

Shit-stirring is what my granny used to call it out as, and she was right.

It's attention-seeking behaviour which has the unfortunate side-effect of pitting one viewpoint or faction in a club against another; it's destructive, corrosive and effective. My question is; 'Why would someone who supposedly supports the club shit-stir against the manager like this?' and I have no good answer for that. No good answer at all.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2019, 08:50:27 AM »
Tyrone Mings.

We were good at times but it feels like when we go ahead there is desperation to hold onto the lead rather than going and getting another goal and really being ruthless.
“I don’t know what it is at the moment but something needs to change, especially when we go either ahead or have a man advantage. It seems to have the opposite effect.
“I don’t know what it is at the moment but something needs to change. Maybe it’s a mentality thing. Maybe we need to work on certain things. We’re professional footballers who have played in the Premier League.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal