collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread  (Read 11872 times)

Offline Three Spires Villa

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2019, 11:33:27 PM »
McGinn "That is two weeks in a row that teams down to 10 men have affected us badly. We have addressed it in the dressing room.

"I don't know if it is a lack of belief or tiredness, which it shouldn't be. We should be creating the chances but we weren't.

"We showed we are dangerous and scored a good goal, concede one and then show it again. But we got deeper and deeper and you can't do that. It is game management. It has cost us dearly this season.

"When you force pressure on yourself you get punished. We need to capitalise when things go for us in the game.

Blimey !!

Offline Luke8

« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2019, 11:37:52 PM »
Thanks, both.

Iím not sure there is too much in that to say he is frustrated with Smith - more the result and performance. Itís a fairly honest assessment and, as mentioned above, I think there has to be a collective responsibility from both players and management staff.

That streetwise comment is odd though.

Still, I never think that too much should be read into managers or players post match comments. It is immediately after an event they have invested a lot of mental and physical effort into - responses are naturally going to be condition by the result and there has been no real time to analyse the game properly.

Offline Flin5tone

« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2019, 11:45:24 PM »
All I'll say is I know someone who works indirectly for the club and thing's have apparently been a little odd since Palace.

And he's not known for bullshiting! (not even a football fan, so has no real interest in what goes on)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 11:47:11 PM by Flin5tone »

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2019, 11:47:20 PM »
All I'll say is I know someone who works indirectly for the club and thing's have apparently been a little odd since Palace.

And he not known for bullshiting!

Have to wait and see

Offline steamer

« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2019, 11:54:51 PM »
probably half the managers in the league are under threat.
we all want Dean to succeed, but I can not imagine the owners want us back in the championship.
Early days but we need to wake up, and tactically improve to the situation in front of us game by game.
that is down to the manager.   

Offline Stu

• GM : 01.12.2015
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2019, 01:07:28 AM »

And he's not known for bullshiting! (not even a football fan, so has no real interest in what goes on)

Oh here we fucking go.

*kisses teeth*

Not a football fan, yet knows intimate goings on at VP and how those things are 'a little odd'.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2019, 01:09:14 AM »
I know a couple of people who don't like football and they told me Jack Grealish murdered a badger.

Offline Ads

• GM : 26.03.2020
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2019, 01:12:26 AM »
Crikey that's a stick on handball.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 29.12.2019
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2019, 01:13:45 AM »
We have heard previous managers say that the players were dropping to deep and we were penned in I did not expect to hear DS say the same, it is a tame excuse he is in charge of team structure and if certain players are not following instructions then they should be subbed. For me Wesley as big as he is needs to be close in to score and the only player that seems to be able to get to the by line to cross the ball is Grealish. The temperature is rising the stakes even at this early stage are getting higher for me we have the players but the structure and game plan are simply wrong.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2019, 01:44:48 AM »
Keep playing like today and we will be fine.  Stop panicking.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2019, 04:27:46 AM »
Crikey that's a stick on handball.

Just seen it. Unbelievable.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 09.02.2020
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2019, 06:56:03 AM »
McGinn "That is two weeks in a row that teams down to 10 men have affected us badly. We have addressed it in the dressing room.

"I don't know if it is a lack of belief or tiredness, which it shouldn't be. We should be creating the chances but we weren't.

"We showed we are dangerous and scored a good goal, concede one and then show it again. But we got deeper and deeper and you can't do that. It is game management. It has cost us dearly this season.

"When you force pressure on yourself you get punished. We need to capitalise when things go for us in the game.

Heís absolutely spot on.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2019, 07:05:26 AM »
Firstly the positives. We played well I thought until we started to sit back. Wesley got himself another goal which will do his confidence the world of good. It's a game we should never have lost though and wouldn't have done had we not conceded the penalty and got given a penalty ourselves. We need to do better though and Smith needs to be a bit more cleverer with his decision making and I think it will come in time.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2019, 07:08:33 AM »
I'm hearing from a reliable source certain players are getting a little frustrated with DS, one being Mcginn and his post match interview would confirm this.

Somehthing don't feel right

Interesting that you didn't post anything about it until you heard McGinn's interview. Just saying.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2019, 07:14:14 AM »
I'm hearing from a reliable source certain players are getting a little frustrated with DS, one being Mcginn and his post match interview would confirm this.

Somehthing don't feel right

I'm hearing from a reliable sauce, I won't mention his name but his initials are HP that the fickle are well and truly out early this season.