collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Peter Beardsley  (Read 1511 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Peter Beardsley
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:58:23 PM »
Great footballer but obviously got educated the scouse way in the 80ís / early 90ís. Plus a dose of Newcastle and thatís what you get. Couldnít think of 3 more racist clubs other than Chelsea or Leeds.

How did he get away with it for so long though

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Peter Beardsley
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »
Great footballer but obviously got educated the scouse way in the 80ís / early 90ís. Plus a dose of Newcastle and thatís what you get. Couldnít think of 3 more racist clubs other than Chelsea or Leeds.

He wasn't racist until he moved to Liverpool at the age of 26 and they taught him to be? Obviously. No ignorant prejudice in that opinion at all. Dear me.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2021
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »
I moved to Liverpool in 81 and I'm still not a racist, lucky or what.....

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
I moved to Liverpool in 81 and I'm still not a racist, lucky or what.....

This latest Beardsley incident involves alleged racism but hasn't he already been in trouble in the past for bullying the young players he was in charge of?

Online Somniloquism

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 03:41:02 PM »
I suspect he won't be telling stories on Athletico Mince anymore. I'm going to miss that sad bastard.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
I suspect he won't be telling stories on Athletico Mince anymore. I'm going to miss that sad bastard.

Dog dirt!

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 03:08:41 PM »

Dog dirt!

Plenty of time at home to make his wifeís poachies

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

Dog dirt!

Plenty of time at home to make his wifeís poachies

Not forgetting a long stare

Offline danno

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 03:40:38 PM »
The real story here is that Beardsley finally met someone who can actually understand what he says.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »
I can't remember where I heard this but I believe the reason John Barnes did the rap on World In Motion was not because they thought he could rap but because the only other player who turned up in time for that particular recording session was Peter Beardsley.

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 04:57:07 PM »

That's a bit like saying 'Jimmy Saville; great DJ shame he was a bit of a paedo'.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 06:06:30 PM »

That's a bit like saying 'Jimmy Saville; great DJ shame he was a bit of a paedo'.

Beardsley has been banned from football until the end of April, which seems a rather soft punishment. However the stigma will stay with him for a long time.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 10:53:14 AM »
I can't remember where I heard this but I believe the reason John Barnes did the rap on World In Motion was not because they thought he could rap but because the only other player who turned up in time for that particular recording session was Peter Beardsley.
I think I saw an interview with John Barnes in a New Order documentary where he said it was a choice between him and Des Walker because the only others to turn up were Beardsley, Gazza and Waddle.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
I think I saw an interview with John Barnes in a New Order documentary where he said it was a choice between him and Des Walker because the only others to turn up were Beardsley, Gazza and Waddle.

Ah, yes, I think that's what it was. I knew there was an issue with thick Geordie accents. Thanks, I knew I'd heard it somewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal