collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lucky Match wear?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Lucky Match wear?
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:14:32 PM »
I've always worn the same outfit to the following game, if we win. if we lose i'll make sure I don't wear the same clothing and so on,right down to my underwear .

Does anyone else have any Match Day rituals ?

Offline exigo

Re: Lucky Match wear?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:58:43 PM »
I only wash my Villa shirt after a loss. 40º minimum to get rid of the bad luck.

Offline nevillain

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 12:12:29 PM »
I have a mug with club crest on. It only gets used on matchdays, nothing else, regardless of what I’m drinking. Tea, coffee, beer, vodka

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »
I don't have any lucky match wear, but me and my mate sometimes repeat stuff we have done before a win in subsequent games.

During our narrow survival seasons we both kept seats two blocks apart out of fear that sitting in a different seat could see us fail to survive.  We now sit together as of the first season in the Championship.

I always cross the fingers on one hand during opposition free-kicks and corners if we are holding onto a lead ( though I hide my fingers under my other arm so that no-one sees what an idiot I am ).

We got confused at Sunderland away in 14/15 and circled the ground before we won 4-0, so we did it again at Wembley before the Liverpool game... unfortunately it had run its course by the final.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
I just try to wear a Villa shirt on the day of the game. Nothing too complicated.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 02:53:27 PM »
I just try to wear a Villa shirt on the day of the game. Nothing too complicated.

Can be tricky getting 'em on right, though.  ;D

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »
I'm working away, staying in Bath.  I've only ever watched us on TV in Bath once (Hull away last season won 3-2) so I've just booked the same table in the same pub!!

Online itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 03:36:10 PM »
Instead of my usual Villa polo shirt, for no particular reason I wore a non-football navy blue sweater for the Derby game, the first of our 10 game winning streak. I superstitiously wore it every game after that including sweltering in a heatwave at Bolton.
I left it off for the dead rubber against Norwich - we didn't need to win and I wanted to conserve its power. I wore it for both legs of the play-off semi-final and at Wembley.

Considering its job done, I retired it this year, wanting once again to wear Villa colours.
But I'm strongly considering un-retiring it tonight. In two minds because if we win , I'll have to carry on wearing it, but I don't know ....we really need a win tonight, maybe it's time .

[Yeah, I know its bollocks. But  we all know how many committed atheists change their mind on their death bed "just in case"........, ]

Thoughts please H and V ....To wear or not to wear, that is the question !!!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 11:41:53 PM »
Leave it retired.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »
Lucky "car park" wear. We changed our normal car park of many years for the 4-0 Derby game last season. We've stuck with it since!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 06:26:45 PM »
My lucky Villa scarf which I wore to games from around 1979 to 1983. I am still convinced to this day that my Mum washing it circa 1983 led to our fortunes changing from 1983 to 1987. I still wore it but I superstitiously to this day believe my Mother had washed out the magic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal