collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Where to next for refereeing?  (Read 16287 times)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Where to next for refereeing?
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
Not signing a petition like that, definitely needs to be more strategic and campaign for a better standards system if needed.

The one below it however i have signed, real world issue, thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-prosecution-of-those-who-are-saving-lives-in-the-mediterranean-sea-freepia

Done

Offline AllanW

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2019, 10:53:54 AM »
Referee Kevin 'nobodys' Friend is on sky cameras this Saturday night, 530pm , spoiling what should be a good contest Norwich v Man City.

Thanks Vill I An.

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2019, 11:54:27 AM »
Does that mean he won't be getting any games for a while?

Offline AllanW

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2019, 08:59:14 AM »
I'm liking the 'Nobody's Friend Watch' line :)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
Look, he's not a great ref and made a dreadful decision against us.  But do we really need to obsess over him with updates on who, where and when he is reffing for the rest of the season?

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2019, 11:06:19 AM »

Look, he's not a great ref and made a dreadful decision against us.  But do we really need to obsess over him with updates on who, where and when he is reffing for the rest of the season?

Yeah good point Chris because if something happens in a Kevin friend match then I sure someone somewhere will highlight it so the actual watch will stop. Even though it's a ref thread it's a villa site I for one don't need to be looking for him unless it's directly related to villa .
I do think some people may be interested in the heads up if he's doing a villa match so, for me, I'll reason with only shouting his appointment when we have him on a Villa match duties.
Fair play is my game .

I'm not obsessed with him (much) ;) .
I was merely seeing if he was punished for his atrocious refereeing of our game! He's had chance to re-assess his decisions and rescind JG's yellow for diving.
Neither of these things have happened. Therefore, appallingly in my view, he did a great job in the eyes of himself and the referees governing body.
I wonder why we bother to watch a game as it's clearly not for the benefit of the spectators.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »
I agree.  I was surprised he wasnt 'rested.'  I hope behind closed doors he's embarrassed about the call he made.  But then he's not the only ref to have fucked up this season - the West Ham sending off being a case in point.

On the second point above - I think refs should review any potential second yellow on the VAR screen before a player is sent off.  This would stop injustices like West Ham, but also hopefully give refs more confidence to card someone like Billings in our first match.  Anyone else agree?

Offline AllanW

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2019, 11:15:03 AM »

What exactly is your objection to other members posting on this, please?

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2019, 11:19:22 AM »

Well, it's just pointless Allan.  What does it matter who Friend is reffing next?  He wasn't punished and is being appointed on games going forward - why is it relevant to us who he's reffing next week?  Are we going to have a running post about every ref who gives a shit decision against us?  What about refs who give shit decisions against other teams, should we set up running posts about them too or is that overkill?

Offline AllanW

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2019, 03:00:59 PM »
Well, it's just pointless Allan. 

I'll try to show below that it isn't.

What does it matter who Friend is reffing next?

You mean apart from being a senior member of the referees body and being held-up as a proper example of good practice as a referee? Well, it matters because whoever he referees next WILL be affected by his incompetence, he will undoubtedly add to the long, long list of errors he has amassed so far. And while that is not Aston Villa it is a part of the whole league operation which will continue to be unfair, biased and badly administered. In addition he will continue to supply examples of exactly the sort of malpractice we wish to highlight and continuing to share these on this list and wider afield would be useful in gathering support from other lists and supporters groups for a push to change those circumstances. It is evidence that will sway others to advocate for change.

He wasn't punished and is being appointed on games going forward - why is it relevant to us who he's reffing next week?

Because his incompetent, biased and inept actions may affect our relegation or survival in this league. Not a small matter, I hope you agree. His existence in his job continues to affect us fundamentally, my friend. I'm sure I don't need to point out the host of decisions or lack of decisions he may make in games which will affect us. Mistakes do not even-out, they are separate isolated incidents which accumulate rather than offset.

Are we going to have a running post about every ref who gives a shit decision against us?

Not from me but I remain open to other members wishing to post on whatever they wish to here, subject to the mods actions. I don't want to police the activities of others ...

What about refs who give shit decisions against other teams, should we set up running posts about them too

Again 'No' but by this time I suspect you've got a bit hyperbolic and we're all prone to that from time to time :)

All the best and UTV.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2020, 01:41:41 AM »
So who's fining Mike Dean for Saturday's shit-show?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2020, 06:23:38 AM »
Agree totally with this. He was inciting our players with his unfair actions and forcing them to play within themselves by his early bookings, which made everyone wary of a sending off.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2020, 07:17:25 AM »
He was shocking, he spoiled the flow of the game, the commentators called it, the pundits called it, we certainly did and it must have had an effect on the players.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2020, 07:35:27 AM »
Also the daft thing is, having a quick look on Molineux Mix's post match autopsy they were equally appalled by him too thinking they got nothing from him and that he was too card happy.  It was an absolute shocker but I presume there is no way of us appealing the fine?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2020, 07:54:53 AM »
Five days on from the game, and we are still talking about Mike Dean.  He would be absolutely thrilled if he knew, because that is his sole intention. The bloke needs to step down and stay there, pronto.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal