collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 23041 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 31.12.2019
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2019, 09:48:37 AM »
We've had a clear fortnight without losing many players. I'm confident we've worked on tons of stuff in training.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »
We have just had two seasons of finishing in the top six. We were always likely to lose more games in our first season back in the Premier League. Everybody at the club from the owners to the supporters has to keep their bottle this season. We may well take a couple of heavy beatings and we may well go through lean spells during the course of the season. But panicking is not an option. Anybody who is losing their bottle in September is in for a long hard stressful season. Tonight is exactly the sort of game we need to win this season (as was Bournemouth and Everton) but I would suggest that anyone who needs their tie and shoe laces taken off them for their own safety this early in the campaign isn't cut out to be a football fan and should take up fishing or bowls.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Would have liked at least 1 more point, maybe 3. Tonight is big as all home games should be, 6 points from the next 4 games

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2019, 01:55:55 PM »
We have just had two seasons of finishing in the top six. We were always likely to lose more games in our first season back in the Premier League. Everybody at the club from the owners to the supporters has to keep their bottle this season. We may well take a couple of heavy beatings and we may well go through lean spells during the course of the season. But panicking is not an option. Anybody who is losing their bottle in September is in for a long hard stressful season. Tonight is exactly the sort of game we need to win this season (as was Bournemouth and Everton) but I would suggest that anyone who needs their tie and shoe laces taken off them for their own safety this early in the campaign isn't cut out to be a football fan and should take up fishing or bowls.

I was fishing today. It was far less stressful than supporting Villa. And also far less enjoyable.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 23.05.2016
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »
I'm a bit on edge today I must admit.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 14.08.2020
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »
I am excited.  Can't wait!  Another full Villa Park under the floodlights, crowd up for it, Jack and the lads determined to make up for Palace, the TV cameras on-hand and all eyes on us...

This is what we wanted last year, it's not going to be easy but it's a ride I'd rather be on than not.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
Lose tonight and I will start to become concerned ... we need points on the board

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »
Worried? I can't bloody wait for every game!  We've got a manager and a team looking as committed as any side we've had in 20 years, Villa Park is absolutely rocking, and even if the worst does happen I've lost the fear of relegation as the Championship was great fun for the last 2 years.

I say we go out every week without fear, players and supporters.  We've got so much going for us right now that we have to keep it going even if results go against us - stick to what we are doing and we will be more than alright.  The absolute worst thing we could do is start to get worried and retreat into our shells.  If results go against us then just get louder, play more aggressively and make others worry about us.  What was it Dean said last season about not just winning this game, but putting fear into your next opponents?  That's what I want to hear from everyone.

I'll leave you with this - imagine being a West Ham fan leaving Villa Park tonight having tasted the atmosphere we will generate. Then imagine having to go back and play in that soulless dome at the weekend.  I know whose shoes I'd rather be in.

Worried?  Not a chance.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2019, 04:37:10 PM »

I was fishing today. It was far less stressful than supporting Villa. And also far less enjoyable.

I have only been fishing once. On a lovely day on my uncle's mate's boat off the coast of Australia. I was bored shitless. I was only seventeen but realised there and then that if I didn't enjoy fishing in those circumsatances I was never going to be one of those people who gets up at 5am on a Sunday morning to go fishing in the rain in England.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2019, 04:38:17 PM »
Worried? I can't bloody wait for every game!  We've got a manager and a team looking as committed as any side we've had in 20 years, Villa Park is absolutely rocking, and even if the worst does happen I've lost the fear of relegation as the Championship was great fun for the last 2 years.

I say we go out every week without fear, players and supporters.  We've got so much going for us right now that we have to keep it going even if results go against us - stick to what we are doing and we will be more than alright.  The absolute worst thing we could do is start to get worried and retreat into our shells.  If results go against us then just get louder, play more aggressively and make others worry about us.  What was it Dean said last season about not just winning this game, but putting fear into your next opponents?  That's what I want to hear from everyone.

I'll leave you with this - imagine being a West Ham fan leaving Villa Park tonight having tasted the atmosphere we will generate. Then imagine having to go back and play in that soulless dome at the weekend.  I know whose shoes I'd rather be in.

Worried?  Not a chance.

That's the attitude we need. Excellent rallying call to the masses.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 20.07.2020
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2019, 04:40:14 PM »

Worried?  Not a chance.

spot on Pat....

UTV
The Doc

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2019, 04:54:28 PM »
Can be optimistic that's great an' all however my over riding concern is the quality. And the levels and standard needed by the villa players .
I'm all for supporting and to have such belief and good vibes I just feel some top quality premier level is lacking . Dean Smith says himself haven't been good enough. I wondering if some can be good enough.
That's not me question Dean Smith he knows how it is and what he wants to do
West Ham may be going back to a souless stadium but I sooner have Haller as the striker than Wesley.
However these are enthusiastic times and I just want villa to play and perform to required potential we do that and they'll be no worries all round !

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 01.02.2020
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2019, 05:11:34 PM »
I say we go out every week without fear, players and supporters.

I'll be bloody worried if we go out every week without players!  Especially if the stadium is empty!

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »
Lose tonight and I will start to become concerned ... we need points on the board

IF we lose tonight, we will be 3 points off mid table having played teams 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 11th, and 12th.
IF we win tonight, we will be mid table still having played none of the teams in the bottom 7.

Worried - not!

Offline Bad English

• Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 09.01.2020
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »
Win or lose, up the fucking Villa!