collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:52:01 AM]

Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 09:44:42 AM]

FFP by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:39:25 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-0 Everton Post Match Thread  (Read 30741 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Aston Villa 2-0 Everton Post Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2019, 05:03:13 AM »
Fucking hell I'm choked up. Maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen but there was something cathartic about this.

Have a fucking brill weekend everyone.

Me too. It was the way Carragher and G. Neville were talking about is that did for me.

What were they saying Perce? If anyone manages to find a video of it I'll be very grateful 😊

Somebody else asked me in another post so I’ll try and answer. They were just going on about what a massive club we were, how fitting that we were back in the PL, what a fantastic atmosphere etc. Very gushing in their praise but it seemed like genuine fondness and respect. Put it this way, the noses would have been hating it.,

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2019, 05:37:22 AM »
Fucking hell I'm choked up. Maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen but there was something cathartic about this.

Me too. It was the way Carragher and G. Neville were talking about is that did for me.

What were they saying Perce? If anyone manages to find a video of it I'll be very grateful 😊

Somebody else asked me in another post so I’ll try and answer. They were just going on about what a massive club we were, how fitting that we were back in the PL, what a fantastic atmosphere etc. Very gushing in their praise but it seemed like genuine fondness and respect. Put it this way, the noses would have been hating it.,

I need to see this. Certainly beats listening to the two guys on Japanese DAZN analysing us, and only understanding about 30%!

Offline Garyth

• GM : 04.08.2015
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2019, 05:55:01 AM »
Looked like a clear plan to bypass the Everton press in the first 10-15 minutes, which kinda makes sense given a few of the moments in the previous two games. Since Mings appears to be the nominated ‘player to pass out from the back’, there was a few from him early on that seemed to be to no-one in particular. The number of ineffective chances Everton had shows how much work has gone into the defensive organisation, I think.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2019, 06:10:56 AM »
I have never minded Everton but their forums are hilarious. Bitterest post match comments I can remember in recent years and that includes the Solihull Bluenoses. How bad they were last night cos Villa a shit/awful/definitely going down/ team of no hopers. It's hilarious. They so disillussioned with their own side they keep have to mentioning how rubbish we are to emphasise the point they are shit. Just remember Everton are our white whale... And we harpooned it! Now if we could only improve our dress sense.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2019, 06:34:05 AM »
Excellent performance.

Superb atmosphere.

We're back.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2019, 07:11:18 AM »
I was disappointed with how long it took the referee to sort out their standing on our quick free kicks. Maybe 3 or 4 times before he got a card out. Maybe we need to be a bit wiser, stop trying to push them away and just take the free kick.
The foul/follow through from Coleman on Trézéguet when he stood over the ball to stop the free kick being taken quickly was pretty nasty (especially considering it was a tactic they'd employed all game).
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 07:22:28 AM by Diablo »

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2019, 07:21:43 AM »

Thanks mate  8)

Carragher > Murphy

Offline nigel

« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2019, 07:35:45 AM »
Played some cracking football going forward. We will win a few and lose a few playing like we do but it’s entertaining. Although I though Jota played well
He does leave the right back exposed sometimes as it’s two on one. They just couldn’t capitalise  night.

I thought Jota did a good job tackling back tonight. He covered almost 6km in the first half and seemed to get a foot in at key times in the corner a few times.

Jota was excellent.
Not a lot of pace, granted, but, he plays with his brain. Wesley's goal and two minutes after are prime examples. Very clever player

Offline nigel

« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2019, 07:40:00 AM »
I was disappointed with how long it took the referee to sort out their standing on our quick free kicks. Maybe 3 or 4 times before he got a card out. Maybe we need to be a bit wiser, stop trying to push them away and just take the free kick.
The foul/follow through from Coleman on Trézéguet when he stood over the ball to stop the free kick being taken quickly was pretty nasty (especially considering it was a tactic they'd employed all game).

As did Bournemouth.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »
A magical night. So many positives about our club at the moment. UTV

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2019, 07:45:53 AM »
A fantastic result.
Sure we’ll win some and lose some with how we play but it’s so good to be able to watch a team that is going to entertain.
I don’t see any 0-0 score lines anytime soon!
For the first time in years this Villa side has so many match winners in its ranks and I don’t think we’ll have to rely on one player to get us through games.
I witnessed one of the great Villa Park atmospheres last night so thanks to everyone for getting behind the lads.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »
The atmosphere at VP was amazing...if we can replicate that every home game, we are going to make it very difficult for a lot of teams. Electric.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2019, 08:05:25 AM »
Gary Neville said, after Old Trafford, Villa Park is his favourite ground. Clearly has a soft spot for us.  Everton were playing with five in midfield and flooded it, so no real wonder they has loads of possession, but the weren't clinical enough and we were. We gave Sky Sports good television and the club togetherness is absolutely fantastic to see, hear, watch.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2019, 08:05:43 AM »
Lift-off.

Thought Jota & Wesley amongst others were excellent.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2019, 08:07:30 AM »
Dear Aston Villa.

I love you.

That is all,

Ozvilla.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal