collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Everton Pre-Match Thread  (Read 24371 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: Aston Villa vs Everton Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2019, 09:19:02 PM »
I've never experienced any hostility from Everton fans. Liverpool yes.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »
I think we have to stick with Wesley for now, unless he has a Butland like shocker. Would knock his confidence too much to drop him. Hopefully he can play better tomorrow and then play him against Crewe on Tuesday.
Not in goal  I hope :) only kidding gsk

I'm just glad we're not talking about Butland shockers for us !!

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2019, 09:27:43 PM »
I think we have to stick with Wesley for now, unless he has a Butland like shocker. Would knock his confidence too much to drop him. Hopefully he can play better tomorrow and then play him against Crewe on Tuesday.
Not in goal  I hope :) only kidding gsk

I'm just glad we're not talking about Butland shockers for us !!
I'm hoping Heaton looks a bit more confident and that he is more  commanding in the air .... no doubting his ability as a showstopper, he just looked uncomfortable on crosses ....maybe still getting used to Mings and Engels around him

Online TonyD

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2019, 10:03:51 PM »
Would not surprise me to see Dean go with Davis to start, and bring on Moraes off the bench if warranted in 2nd half. The latter is clearly way off the pace and his hold up play has been shite, which is something Keinan can offer us at least, if not goals.

Said it once, but I'll say it again, I am shit scared our failure to buy another striker is going to bite us on the arse.

Two games in and we're already talking about Keinan Davis - a totally unproven striker - being brought in. It's not good.
It’s a worry.  Can’t we loan a striker or is the window also shut on loans?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2019, 10:22:10 PM »
I like the badly dressed fans comments. So of course they all come down dressed like millionaires or something?  Yet another teams supporters would have you believe we are middle to upper class range rover drivers. We cant win!

There were one of the poorest cities in western Europe not so long back. So if it's sartorial elegance that's holding us back, probably best not to go hunting in that general direction for tips.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »
Sartorial snobbery from Scousers. Love it.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2019, 12:14:02 AM »
looking forward to this now

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2019, 12:18:02 AM »
There may be a 12th minute applause.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2019, 06:32:20 AM »
I dont mean to sound callous (I know this is for the 12th anniversary of a young Everton fans death) but all of these minutes applause for this fan or that fan is getting a bit out of hand.  I saw Blose had one the other night on the 50th minute. Sad as someones passing is, Brum is a city of 1 million, we'll be having minutes applause every minute of every match every week if we catered for everyone.

Ex players and managers yes when they go but fans and now anniversaries of the passing of fans. How many of these do people want? 

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2019, 07:02:41 AM »
I was watching an Everton fanzine on YouTube yesterday ("Toffee TV") and they were doing a preview on Friday's game.
They said quite a few complimentary things about us, such as us being a "big club" with a "proper" football ground and how it's good how we are back in the PL.
They also mentioned that Villa v Everton is the most played top flight fixture.

I see the poll is now running about 50/50.
I also went for a win (thinking a narrow 1-0).

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2019, 07:17:26 AM »
Tough one to call. We haven't played that badly and should have got a got a point last time out. I'll go a narrow defeat. I can see us winning our first game at Palace.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2019, 07:19:17 AM »
I dont mean to sound callous (I know this is for the 12th anniversary of a young Everton fans death) but all of these minutes applause for this fan or that fan is getting a bit out of hand.  I saw Blose had one the other night on the 50th minute. Sad as someones passing is, Brum is a city of 1 million, we'll be having minutes applause every minute of every match every week if we catered for everyone.

Ex players and managers yes when they go but fans and now anniversaries of the passing of fans. How many of these do people want? 

I know what you mean, but then Scousers "wallow" in this sort of thing don't they? Not my opinion of course but the opinion of our PM, and he wouldn't get to such high office making ill-informed and bigoted sweeping generalisations would he?

Anyway, I think a draw would be a mighty fine result, but I still believe that we retain the ability, with the players at our disposal, to play very well and we shouldn't lose sight of that.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »
Come on you Villa boys! 3 points would be great, even a point to get something on the board would be fine, but let’s go for the win, and show them who’s boss on our own pitch! UTV!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »
I'm not sure why certain players such as Targett have been told that they have to earn their spot over the incumbent, whereas as others like Heaton have walked straight into the team.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
Did others see it as Grealish tiring and finding less stamina to get up and down the pitch in the last 10 or so minutes if the Bournemouth match.
I observed other players out run him and pass by him with the ball I think Elmo and Jota were two when in possession and getting back up the pitch from villas own half .
Something to keep eye on
He was certainly energetic at times Saturday , on the ball in the opposition half and final third and especially more so second half but observation he was running out of steam
Any thoughts on this from others ?

Players tire in last ten minutes of game shock!  Hold the back page!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal