collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread  (Read 34154 times)

Offline onebyone12

Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
absolutely shat ourselves today, thought we played well enough after the damage was done but that counts for FA. As for the next two we need two draws minimum.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »
Problem is this result puts pressure on other games. We needed point(s) from this game. Yes it is early, but I don’t think we will beat Everton, so onto Palace, scary

Why can’t we beat Everton..? I think they had 2 shots on goal against Watford today..

Just my opinion, I think they will be better than Bournemouth, obviously hope I’m wrong and you are right.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2019, 05:27:47 PM »
It's early days I know but, i honestly can't see Wesley and Davis getting  into double figures, goals wise. Combined.

Maybe the solution is to play them together.

Would rip up the Dean Smith blueprint of pretty much his whole managerial career. Guess 3-5-2 is feasible with the squad but didn't he rule that out in pre season at a fans forum?

This is the trouble with being light on options up front. He’s boxed himself right in in terms of changing things up.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:10 PM »
I'd like to see us go with this side against Everton.  The full backs haven't done a lot wrong to be fair but I think we need to offer more going forward, but still have the insurance of defensive midfielders.  Grealish not stuck out on the wing but floating around, as he does.  I also appreciate that you are not supposed to pick the team on the coach on the way back from the game, but here goes;
                   Heaton
Guilbert  Engels   Mings   Targett
         Nakamba   Douglas
  Grealish   McGinn  Trezeguet
                 Wesley

Online wince

« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »
It is thankfully early days but I’m gonna have that beer if nobody else will

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:49 PM »
Played quite well, but absolutely nothing up front. Wesley isn’t ready for this league, and we have nothing else.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2019, 05:29:41 PM »
Did Davis come on ?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2019, 05:30:17 PM »
For the sake of argument, we're looking for ten wins and ten draws to be certain of stopping up. At the moment, does that look likely?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2019, 05:30:26 PM »
The real fear is that Wesley is not dynamic enough for this level, Look at the movement and pace of Wilson and King who were feeding off scraps.
El Ghazi did very little again so I am struggling to see where the goals are coming from.

Is the expectation really that he would hit the ground running and resemble someone with a few seasons in this league under his belt?
I think the hope was that he would be good enough at this level, based on the evidence so far he isn’t.
My concerns are around his movement towards goal scoring opportunities when we attack  he seemed to be easily covered by the defenders.
He did not pose a threat in the last 2 games.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »
Sounds like we dominated but lacked the cutting edge.

Little Bournemouth are an established top flight team now and a notch above anything we will have played in the Championship last year.

Plenty of promise in the last two games.

West Ham went 4-5 (?)  games without a win at the start of last season and were still comfortably midtable in the end. They are a better team than us, mind.

If we go five without a win questions will be asked. If it's closer to 10, Deano's long term prospects won't look so hot. The nature of the beast. For me, If we have 3-4 wins going into December, we should be OK this year. Yes it would be nice if we cut a swathe through the league, but this year was always realistically going to be about consolidation.

No need to panic. Yet.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2019, 05:31:14 PM »
I thought we played alright to be honest and probably deserved a point. Like the Sheff Wed's game last season or whenever it was, their early goal killed it. Take that away and I think the game would have evened itself out and possibly finished a draw.

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2019, 05:31:54 PM »
What needs to be remember is regardless of how big their ground is and their history Bournemouth are a very streetwise premier league team now, this is their fifth straight year in the division.
This is a point I was making at the beginning of the season.  A lot of people were saying 'we'll have too much for teams a, b, c, x, y and z' based on absolutely nothing - certainly not based on anything our players might have proved.  A lot of the so-called lesser teams in the PL are just as SoccerHQ describes Bournemouth.  They know the league, the opposition and each other a lot better than our managers and players do.  This was always going to be a very tough season.

Spot on agree

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »
It is early days, we have to learn and do it quickly. We have enough talent in this squad and the younger players will start to get to grips with things. Positivity and support is what’s needed over the next few weeks.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »
Played quite well, but absolutely nothing up front. Wesley isn’t ready for this league, and we have nothing else.
Yes that’s how I see it

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2019, 05:32:49 PM »
I thought we played alright to be honest and probably deserved a point. Like the Sheff Wed's game last season or whenever it was, their early goal killed it. Take that away and I think the game would have evened itself out and possibly finished a draw.

But it didn’t...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal