collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth Match Thread  (Read 20711 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 02:37:28 PM »
Only thing I can think is with Luiz starting, which I didn’t expect, meaning SJM/JG changing position smith wants to avoid making too many changes at once.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »
Good to see Dougie Lou make his full debut. That's at least the midfield we all wanted.

Think he'll manage an hour and then start flagging, hopefully Dean is sharper with his subs than he was last week. Really surprised Marvellous isn't involved, he was involved in pre season for Lepzig game.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »
My guess with Marvellous is that he didn’t train much with Brugge before he joined us. Remember all those strike stories that came out because he felt Brugge lied to him or something. So he simply may not be as fit as the club needs at the moment.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
Happy with the team, although Mark Lawrenson says we will be fine this season, which is a bit worrying!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 02:44:31 PM »
Only thing I can think is with Luiz starting, which I didn’t expect, meaning SJM/JG changing position smith wants to avoid making too many changes at once.

That and I do think early on it’s a chemistry thing. Taylor/AEG and Elmo/Trez have all played together so maybe this early in the season it’s the best option. I am sure in time it will be Guilbert and Targett.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 02:44:49 PM »
Could someone cry me a river please

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »
I am sure Dean Smith knows what he's doing by integrating the players into the team.  Ideally, I'd like Targett in for Taylor but he's not, so we crack on.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2019, 02:48:13 PM »
My guess with Marvellous is that he didn’t train much with Brugge before he joined us. Remember all those strike stories that came out because he felt Brugge lied to him or something. So he simply may not be as fit as the club needs at the moment.

He did play in AFCON and Luiz was training on a beach for two weeks so can't think his core fitness is that much better.

Still hourihane wasn't too bad last week at DM so he can be o.k coming on to see last half hour if we're winning.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2019, 02:50:08 PM »
Needs to start playing Guilbert. It's doing my Fantasy team no good at all!  :(

Offline Damo70

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »
Happy with the team, although Mark Lawrenson says we will be fine this season, which is a bit worrying!

Paul Merson has just said on Soccer Saturday that he fears for us this season as he can't see us scoring enough goals. Now Alan McInally is picking faults in last weeks game and saying we will concede too many goals.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 02:51:43 PM »

He did play in AFCON and Luiz was training on a beach for two weeks so can't think his core fitness is that much better.

Still hourihane wasn't too bad last week at DM so he can be o.k coming on to see last half hour if we're winning.

Not sure we will ever see a Conor, Jack, John midfield again as I suspect they are now interchangeable and DM is between Luiz and Marv

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »

Paul Merson has just said on Soccer Saturday that he fears for us this season as he can't see us scoring enough goals. Now Alan McInally is picking faults in last weeks game and saying we will concede too many goals.
To quote a wise man

"Fuck 'em"

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 02:53:13 PM »
I don't have a problem with that team actually.  Elmo and Taylor put in decent shifts at Spurs and don't deserve dropping.  It also keeps the same back four together.

Too right. Smith's done that the whole time he's been here. If you've done enough to keep the shirt, you keep it. There can't be many things more demoralising for a player than losing out to a manager's pet.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »
Needs to start playing Guilbert. It's doing my Fantasy team no good at all!  :(

You know if you take him out he'll start the next week.  So indirectly, I blame you for not acting sooner!

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »

Not sure we will ever see a Conor, Jack, John midfield again as I suspect they are now interchangeable and DM is between Luiz and Marv

Think we'll see it today actually, can't see Luiz lasting 90 minutes. I agree long term Hourihane will cover McGinn's position more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal