collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 2003 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Advice
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:54:55 AM »
Hi folks,

Hoping to bring some friends over for their first ever Prem game in October - Brighton at home. 1 is a fellow Villa fan and the rest are sympathetics / potential converts to the cause. Either way should be a good weekend and has been a long time in the planning.

Unfortunately I'm starting to worry we won't get tickets. I'm a Claret member with a decent booking history but knowing there's only 1 ticket on sale per Fan ID has me nervous now. There are 5 of us. We're not precious about sitting together, but the prospect of a best case scenario being 5 separate seats is a bit mad in hindsight.

Any advice on the best way to go about ensuring the whole weekend isn't a disaster and we can at least get our hands on a few tickets? Flights are booked and we're looking at hotels currently.

Thanks all.

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:01:58 PM »
Get them to join as a Claret member £35 but they will get £10 off a match ticket so effectively £25 membership is about the only option I can think off. Obviously you will have 4 'spare' claret memberships if they dont come over again this season, but you may be able to use them to get tickets for other friends.

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:23:50 PM »
There must be a few Claret members on here that aren't going to the Brighton game. Perhaps they could get a ticket for your friends?
Maybe there are some season ticket holders that can't make it and would help you out?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 10:48:25 PM »
Good call. Anyone willing to give up a Fan ID for the day would be more than welcome to the same in return for any game I'm not attending. Thanks for the suggestion BlackCountry

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 11:11:50 AM »
Good call. Anyone willing to give up a Fan ID for the day would be more than welcome to the same in return for any game I'm not attending. Thanks for the suggestion BlackCountry

If you need an extra fan id with claret membership, just let me know. might get 3 in total, got to check the other two.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »

If you need an extra fan id with claret membership, just let me know. might get 3 in total, got to check the other two.

You're an absolute hero, thanks mate. Tickets go on sale in September so I will drop you a PM in a week or two if that suits.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 11:12:27 PM »
Might know of a UK claret not going,, possibly a couple overeas too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal