collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth pre match thread  (Read 41130 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth pre match thread
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 11:54:44 PM »
It's mad but it already feels like there is a bit of pressure on this one. Would be nice to get a convincing win to shut up the Doingafulham bores. I'll settle for any old scrappy win, I don't think Bournemouth will be pushovers, Howe is a good manager. COYVB.

No pushovers but they're in a very small group of teams we beat during the relegation season.

In August, too.

Hmmm... on second thoughts, please don't win Villa. It's a bad omen!

Not any more.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 12:10:24 AM »
Jack to lead us to victory. All action attacking display in front of a brilliant full house. Stick me down for 2-0

Grealish and Wesley

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 12:25:53 AM »
It's mad but it already feels like there is a bit of pressure on this one. Would be nice to get a convincing win to shut up the Doingafulham bores. I'll settle for any old scrappy win, I don't think Bournemouth will be pushovers, Howe is a good manager. COYVB.

No pushovers but they're in a very small group of teams we beat during the relegation season.

In August, too.

Not any more.

Gestede isn't here to jinx it any more.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2019, 12:31:35 AM »

In August, too.

Would never have believed anyone if at 5pm on that Saturday it would've been said we'd only collect 14 more points from the next 37 games.

We actually looked reasonably solid that day with Richards-Clark, Guzan collectiing crosses no problem and most of the new boys played well.

Life in the immediate aftermatch of Benteke-Delph actually was good for one game so the ultimate false dawn match.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2019, 12:41:24 AM »
We were actually alright in the first few weeks.

Beat Bournemouth, matched Man United and were unlucky not to at least draw as we had a pretty certain looking penalty turned down. Narrowly lost at Palace to a late goal when we had been chasing a winner, then played Sunderland off the park and somehow only drew two-two. We then had the infamous Sliding Doors match at Leicester where we blew a two goal lead.

In an alternative reality Villa won their first five games. Who knows what might have happened? Well, it would likely just have meant we got relegated one year later, but still...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 12:42:54 AM »
Those first 5 games, the win, a narrow 1-0 defeat at home to Manure in a game neither side deserved to win, late defeat away to Palace, 2-1 up at home Sunderland and battering them and somehow drawing with special thanks to Micah clearing a winner for us off the line with his ear, and then THAT Leicester game.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 12:43:15 AM »
JINX!!!

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 12:50:41 AM »
Villa 2-0, McGinn and Grealish.

Online GarTomas

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 06:58:42 AM »
Any sort of win. I see this as one of the roughly 8 home games we have to get 3 points from over the course of the season to consolidate this year.

Wouldn’t change too much, maybe one of the full backs, one of the proper DM and maybe Jota to start (although I fought the wingers did well for the first hour at Tottenham)

A goal for Wes would be a huge boost.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 07:07:23 AM »
This won’t be easy.  All depends on Smith as Howe is a smart tactician, but I do expect us to have more of the ball this week! I think there will be a few goals in this but we can come out on top

Offline KRS

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 07:14:49 AM »
I’d expect Howe to set them up defensively to contain us and counter attack. Wes will find himself a lot more forward this weekend and hopefully he’ll enjoy himself.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 07:17:30 AM »
Nervy 1-0 win

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 07:18:00 AM »
I'm already starting to feel nervous about this, the Villa are just dominating my life at the moment thoughts wise and i'm not sure I like it - at this rate i'm going to be mentally exhausted by Christmas forget May.

Anyway a tough game but one where we'll get a true measure of where we're at. We'll need to remain patient as Howe's teams never seem to lose by many but ideally a Villa win and big Wes on the score sheet.

Haven't they got a stack of injuries too?

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 08:18:33 AM »
Nervy 2 1 with Mings naturally to get the winner

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 08:21:21 AM »
Feeling oddly deflated after the Spurs loss, even though no one in their right mind would have expected anything other. But I suppose like many I thought at the 70 minute mark that we had every chance of at least holding on for a point.

Bournemouth are a different kettle of fish. On paper, beatable. Wonder if Luiz will be fit enough to start, or if Wesley will have caught up on that extra yard of pace.

Honestly worried about the latter. It's a simple as this, if he doesn't score goals this season we will find it very hard to compete, across the board.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal