collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Spurs new stadium  (Read 5278 times)

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
Spurs new stadium
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:56:04 AM »
The trip to the Spurs ground was not a pleasant non match experience. The stadium around the pitch is impressive but access and fans facilities leave a lot to be desired.
The situation re. disabled access is the worst that I have come across.  Coach 2 carrying wheelchairs  and ambulant disabled was not allowed to drop off and pick up at the stadium as is the usual procedure at grounds, including previous trips to White Hart Lane. This was despite requests from Villa. We were in a side road with a difficult walk for the ambulant. After the game they had problems exiting the stadium with doors closed; a young fan did trips with a wheelchair to bring them to the coach in turn. We finally set off 1 hour after the match ended.
I would have expected disabled access to be part of the design plan at the building stage.
To get into the ground there were 4 ticket checks and a bag search.  I was told that I was lucky my bar of chocolate was not confiscated as no food is allowed to be taken in.
Then the long queues for food and drink in a noisy, crowded concourse and over loud stadium music made it a relief when it was switched off and the match started.
Thank goodness that the team gave us something to enjoy.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Spurs new stadium
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 12:04:35 PM »
Surprised at how small and pokey the concourse areas were. Stadium is impressive though.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
Looked like a soulless bowl on the TV, with a lot of tourist types in the stands. Plastic, metal and glass. Fuck them. But they won, and a few mates who went, both in the away fans and corporate were complementary about it.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »
Scratchins feedback above is terrible and you would assume such a state of the art ground would have better access for wheelchairs. I hope you drop them an email to inform them of this.

I was impressed - I thought the stands, concourse areas and access were excellent. The stadium felt better than any other I can recall and the massive home end is really impressive.

There was a second food and drink bar at the far right of the away end which a lot of people didn’t realise and the queues there were minimal, even 30 minutes before kick off. Service was quick and friendly too. Word got around at half time and then it was the usual scrum. I also thought the toilets were clean and weren’t the overcrowded swamp of the Holte End.

Spurs fans were not very noisy for most of the game - first chorus of when the spurs go marching in was on 74 minutes. But once they had equalised they were very loud.

The seats had a barrier in front so seems ready to adapt to safe standing. I honestly don’t think I could fault the stadium, other than the fact the surrounding area is still poky and crowded.

Offline Astonite

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 07:45:38 PM »
The problem we have as supporters is we love history and don't want to move on. Hence, Wembley and White Hart Lane were built on the old sites which are basically  shite  holes..

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »
The problem we have as supporters is we love history and don't want to move on. Hence, Wembley and White Hart Lane were built on the old sites which are basically  shite  holes..

Really

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 08:59:41 PM »
The problem with Spurs new ground, lovely as it is, it's just the Emirates in a more boring colour scheme.  By this point, it's all been done before and the novelty has worn off.

I do like these new fangled stadiums, but I'd be sad if we ever went down that route.  I love a good old-fashioned, four-sided stadium, and I like being able to look out the corners at the surroundings.  Hate these new bowls which once you're inside could be anywhere.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 01:37:49 PM »
The trip to the Spurs ground was not a pleasant non match experience. The stadium around the pitch is impressive but access and fans facilities leave a lot to be desired.
The situation re. disabled access is the worst that I have come across.  Coach 2 carrying wheelchairs  and ambulant disabled was not allowed to drop off and pick up at the stadium as is the usual procedure at grounds, including previous trips to White Hart Lane. This was despite requests from Villa. We were in a side road with a difficult walk for the ambulant. After the game they had problems exiting the stadium with doors closed; a young fan did trips with a wheelchair to bring them to the coach in turn. We finally set off 1 hour after the match ended.
I would have expected disabled access to be part of the design plan at the building stage.
To get into the ground there were 4 ticket checks and a bag search.  I was told that I was lucky my bar of chocolate was not confiscated as no food is allowed to be taken in.
Then the long queues for food and drink in a noisy, crowded concourse and over loud stadium music made it a relief when it was switched off and the match started.
Thank goodness that the team gave us something to enjoy.

Don't wish to be blunt...who r u, i'm always on coach 2 as i was on saturday. George did indeed go off looking for one or two. It was certainly a struggle getting back
to coach after the game, good job there was a lift to get up and down from entrance levels. Agree 100% with your comments.

Offline Scratchins

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 08:34:14 AM »
PWG, I would rather not put personal details on here but if you are going to Crystal Palace have a word with Debb and she will introduce us.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 01:29:45 PM »
Maybe drop each other a pm to introduce yourselves? Your safe meeting PGW, he's a good 'un.

Offline PGW

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 08:38:16 PM »
Maybe drop each other a pm to introduce yourselves? Your safe meeting PGW, he's a good 'un.
Cheers Ped

Offline PGW

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 08:40:09 PM »
PWG, I would rather not put personal details on here but if you are going to Crystal Palace have a word with Debb and she will introduce us.
I am going to Palace seat 26 on the coach that is. I probably already know you.

I'm a big fat bastard with a walking stick...lol

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2019, 08:04:16 AM »
Muahaha I'm going to shout 'PGW' at every big'un with a cane I see at Palace away now and then hide.   ::)

Offline Scratchins

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »
I am going to Palace seat 26 on the coach that is. I probably already know you.

I'm a big fat bastard with a walking stick...lol

I'll introduce myself. Until then I'll leave you guessing.  :D

Offline Scratchins

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 08:50:09 AM »
I emailed Spurs about the problems and had a reply the next day. They are taking it seriously and have come back with detailed questions. As I am not authorised to speak for the club I have passed it on to the accessibility department - who had already contacted Spurs.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal