collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Missing in action.  (Read 8352 times)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Missing in action.
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
Yesterday we needed fullbacks that are good at defending and that have positional awareness.

If either Mings or Engels had a bad game yesterday, we could’ve had ten put past us.

Yes I suspect Dean thinks Freddie is for VP games

Matt Targett will start v Bournemouth I reckon. Not sure on Gulibert as Trez was quite good on Saturday and it will obviously help him having a teammate he knows very well playing right behind him.

Maybe option if we're winning is to bring on Freddie and move AEM to right midfield for last 20 minutes

he’l pick exactly the same line up i reckon

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
I don't see any reason why Targett would start ahead of Taylor when Taylor was one of our better players on Saturday. Only change I think we will see is Dougtanian in for Hot Lips. Even then, I wouldn't be amazed if all eleven are the same as against Tottenham.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2019, 12:59:33 PM »
Targett would offer a lot more going forward. Horses for courses and all that. I do think it'd be very harsh on Guilbert to be left out again considering how much he impressed me in pre-season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2019, 01:01:28 PM »
Apparently Targett is much better going forward so that's why I'd start him. In home games against winnable opposition we do need better than Taylor just checking and passing backwards or sideways whenever he sees the penalty area.

Would be fine with AEM, he can get forward and cross as he showed on the play off final of course.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »
I don't see any reason why Targett would start ahead of Taylor when Taylor was one of our better players on Saturday. Only change I think we will see is Dougtanian in for Hot Lips. Even then, I wouldn't be amazed if all eleven are the same as against Tottenham.

you see this thinking is the problem i have,

Elphick, Hutton, Albert, Whelan if we had kept them and played any of them on Saturday they might well have had a good game
they were all capable of putting in a decent performance from time to time
people like you would be saying yes they had a good game keep them in

but they are championship standard players now,
when are we going to realise that you not going to move forward by keep playing Elmo and Taylor who in the bigger wider picture of where we are hopefully trying to go are not anywhere near good enough to hold down first team positions

we don't know if Target and Guilbert are Premier league quality although Target had obviously played there before
but do know that the likes of Taylor isn't, add to that Elmo and Connor
good back up maybe when needed

it might sound harsh but we are premier league now,
if we keep playing championship standard players when we hopefully have proper upgrades not even making the bench we will find ourselves in trouble and only have ourselves to blame

Smith needs to be braver sometimes, he's spent 133 million to compete in this league lets start using them

i think he will go with the same team on against Bournmouth which might be good enough to win but we need to bed players down before Everton or we will be falling behind

i was  frustrated and deflated with his line up against spuds, i knew exactly how it would go when i saw it,
all the hope for a good start evapourated,
 maybe we would have still lost no matter who we played but come on i thought this bloke gave it a go wherever he went

Offline danno

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2019, 04:06:36 PM »

we don't know if Target and Guilbert are Premier league quality although Target had obviously played there before
but do know that the likes of Taylor isn't, add to that Elmo and Connor
good back up maybe when needed

Woah! you're brave watch out he'll hunt you down on twitter  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal