collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jack Woodward  (Read 24133 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Jack Woodward
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2019, 09:44:33 PM »
I know he's hardly Mr Slick, but there's something about Jack Woodward that's just so Villa.

Agreed,  it's hard not to like him. Fun & positive. He could make a 6-0 defeat sound good

There was a stage when he had to make heavy defeats sound good.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »
Apologies if I've sad this before, but when Jack first got the job here he used to travel to away reserve matches in his own time and at his own expense, to find out more about the players. You can't knock that sort of attention to detail.

Offline danno

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »
A lot of folk lost their jobs three years ago, getting him back in is as Aston Villa as it gets.

Even in the clip Grealish's cheery welcome back is loaded, as he knows Woodward only left in the first place because we were relegated. We're back and so is he, I'm happy with that.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
A lot of folk lost their jobs three years ago, getting him back in is as Aston Villa as it gets.

Even in the clip Grealish's cheery welcome back is loaded, as he knows Woodward only left in the first place because we were relegated. We're back and so is he, I'm happy with that.

It wasn't all about relegation. Someone who works there said that the cuts weren't because of relegation, they were because they should have been made three years earlier. It seems they employed people from 2010 onwards ready for a massive expansion in all areas that never happened.

Offline danno

« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »
Three years is a long time to let things drift on. I suppose that's what happens when you're owned by one individual there's always that risk of them becoming an absentee landlord.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2019, 10:39:24 PM »
I took a six month NCTJ journalism course with Jack in 1998-99 at Norton College in Sheffield. Wednesday fan iirc. Had the ridiculous football commentator voice in real life even at that point. Haven't ever spotted the name of any other budding journalist who was on that course in print, although I would have forgotten most of them by now. I never worked as a journalist. Did spot the entrance to the college in the last This is England series though.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
Jack Woodward has the air of an 9 year old Villa fan in a man’s body. There is something about him that appeals to our inner child I think.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2019, 10:36:24 AM »
He’s part of AVFC like we all are , glad he’s back

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2019, 10:50:13 AM »
He posted this yesterday:

Hello. Just a quick post to to confirm that I'll be commentating on Villa's Premier League return this season for the club's official AVTV live radio channel ( starting with Spurs game tomorrow! ) and interviewing/presenting for the TV service. Looking forward to it!
I will still be freelance and also working for a number of different companies who I've enjoyed broadcasting with over the past few years, particularly covering the EFL and hosting events. Thanks! JW

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal