collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Good luck for the new season  (Read 3384 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Good luck for the new season
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 05:29:29 PM »
Hows that Joe Bryan doing ?

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 05:34:10 PM »
Joe Bryan improved second half of the season, still part of a crap defence, should be all right this season

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 05:52:06 PM »
I thought Onomah was average for us - I couldn't really tell you what his best role is.! A mate of mine is a Wednesday fan and they thought he was nondescript too when he was on loan there. He came on for us in the play off final last year against you and next time you rewatch it - which you surely do frequently - see if you see any major contribution.

Good luck for this season - I live in west London and have never met an arsey Fulham fan.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »
Thanks Franky and also best wishes to Fulham. Onomah played albeit not very often with a chip or two on his shoulder. He needs to realise that just because he is with Spurs he can't walk it to a championship club and have the ground he walks on worshipped. He needs to put a hard yard in. Hope he does that  or in a year or two it will be Crawley Town for him.

Offline KRS

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 08:05:48 PM »
Best wishes for the season Franky. Please stuff the Bitters and batter the Noses for us!

Onomah was a bit of an enigma...good in flashes but mostly invisible and crap. He certainly isn’t the player that Tottenham would have liked to believe he was (or he believes that he is) and hope you haven’t paid too much for him...in fact, their alleged deal involving Onomah for Grealish last summer was insulting. I hope he turns out to be a good player for you, but don’t be expecting anything special.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
Cheers Franky.  There's definitely a good player in there (as that goal against Scotland shows) just as a few have said maybe questionable attitude and application. Hopefully leaving Spurs and going to yourselves will be the making of him. Best of luck this season.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »
Best wishes Franky.  All the best for the season. I reckon the play-offs beckon for you.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »
Thanks Fulhamman

Have a good season and please stuff Albion Blues Leeds Millwall Stoke Cardff and QPR

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 09:28:58 PM »
Thanks for the input boys, have a good season

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 09:38:06 PM »
Cheers Franky. Same to you.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 09:38:36 PM »
If he's not managed by SB he could become a good player. Good luck to your lads too.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 10:10:49 PM »
Don't go to many away games now, but always liked Fulham. Did one of those daft which premier league team you should support based on your beliefs type quizzes some years ago, when you were in the PL (before last season). Quelle surprise, the results said I should support Fulham.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 10:14:02 PM »
It’s worth noting that Onomah was also offered in part exchange when Spurs tried to sign Grealish last summer.  Personally, I didn’t think much of Onomah and I’d be amazed if he is a regular starter for Fulham.

I’m not a massive fan of RS either and think Fulham have got an excellent deal here, regardless of how Onomah works out.

On top of beating Albion and the mongrels, it would also be greatly appreciated if you could do the decent thing and hammer the whinging Bristol muppets, Leeds and Millwall.   8)

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 10:51:14 PM »
Stop looking for excuses about onomah. The truth being he's vastly overrated and didn't give a shit when  he turned out for us

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 10:57:36 PM »
I never got the impression that he didn't give a shit. I just thought he was neither one thing nor the other. Wasn't good enough to get in ahead of Snodgrass or Adomah on the wing and certainly nowhere near good enough to be playing ahead of Grealish.

He started in reasonable form for us, then became an irrelevance once all those three were available and fully fit.

I don't think he will ever be the second coming of Cristiano Ronaldo, but he could be okay. That said, he seems to have regressed, if anything, since leaving Villa. I'd suggest Fulham is make or break for him. He could get in the team and be an asset, or he could be one of those players you completely forget about then see turning out for Gillingham or Colchester in a few years time.

Still, I bear him no ill will. Good luck to him, and to Fulham. A decent club with fucking horrible neighbours.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal