collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:41:17 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 11:40:35 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:26:04 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 11:24:59 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Good luck for the new season  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Londonfranky

• GM : 27.12.2021
Good luck for the new season
« on: August 08, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »
Good luck for the new season from this Fulham supporter, I’m pretty sure you’re do better than us, your recruitment seems far better than our scattergun approach last season, I’m so convinced I put Jack Grealish in my dream team!! My last question Josh Onomah any good?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:43:14 PM by Legion »

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: Good luck for the new se
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 01:42:21 PM »
Good luck for the new season from this Fulham supporter, I’m pretty sure you’re do better than us, your recruitment seems far better than our scattergun approach last season, I’m so convinced I put Jack Grealish in my dream team!! My last question Josh Onomah any good?
Not really.  Have a good season.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 01:45:21 PM »
Cheers and good luck to you. 

Time will tell, I would have preferred an experienced centre half alongside Mings and another forward option but shouldn't complain (I still do though).

Onomah looked good initially and came in off the back of doing well at a youth tournament for England. He faded badly for us, but still young.  A more progressive manager than Bruce might be able to get something out of him.

Offline supertom

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »
Hopefully the hierarchy at Fulham will learn from their errors. It's a decent club. There's a touch of the Randy Lerner/Tony Xia about their owner. Chucking money doesn't bring success though without a plan, so hopefully they'll approach this season sensibly and be there abouts come May. If they make it up again they'll need a better plan and to work quickly in the window.

Onomah is a strange one. When he's on it he looks good. Somewhere between injuries and inconsistency he's just not progressed or developed at all. When he first came to us a lot was expected from him at Spurs, but obviously now he's not going to cut it there. If Parker gets the midfield balance right he might just come good. If you're lucky, Onomah will pull off a Barry Bannan.

Good luck chap.

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 01:54:38 PM »
All the best. Mildly sorry you got relegated as Fulham is my all-time favourite away trip.  Maybe we'll draw you in a cup! 

Onoma was the epitome of "all fart and no shit" for us. 

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:55:13 PM »
Onomah gave the impression he was too good to be playing for us. Now that it’s clear he’s surplus at Tottenham he might pull his socks up and put in the required effort.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 01:57:32 PM »
All the best. Mildly sorry you got relegated as Fulham is my all-time favourite away trip.  Maybe we'll draw you in a cup! 

Onoma was the epitome of "all fart and no shit" for us.

I don't think he was that good. I would have said "no fart and no shit".

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »
I think Onoma will do a lot better when being managed by a manager who doesn't look like an inside-out cuttlefish.

All the best to Fulham, Franky.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
Good luck to you too, hope you "do an Aston Villa" and come back up.  Onomah's a decent enough young midfielder to be honest, just didn't seem to have the best attitude.  If he gets his head right he should do well for you.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 02:09:31 PM »
Onomah is one of those players that flatters to deceive - at least he did in his time with us. He is technically pretty good (certainly more than good enough for the championship), but would often go missing in matches, particularly when as an athletic 6ft plus midfielder you'd be expecting him to dominate midfield areas at that level. He'll show the odd flashes, or a great pass, then you won't see him for 15 minutes.  At least, that's what we saw 18 months ago. If I remember rightly, he had a cameo in the play-off final against you last year? The fact that this doesn't really stick out to you is probably telling.

However, I would be loathed to write him off, as we had a few players who didn't look that great under Bruce who subsequently flourished under Smith.  There's definitely a player in there, though - and certainly one good enough for the Championship.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 03:14:21 PM »
Good luck to you too, hope you "do an Aston Villa" and come back up.  Onomah's a decent enough young midfielder to be honest, just didn't seem to have the best attitude.  If he gets his head right he should do well for you.

All true but it's worth pointing out he was constantly played out of position. For England U21s he looked class as a defensive midfielder, chasing the ball down and launching attacks. Obviously, our manager decided to play him everywhere, except for a very games, in his favoured position. He's more than decent but it really depends where he's played.

Good luck.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »
All the best for the new season to you too Franky.  Onomah, as already said could do really well with you if he has the correct attitude and good coaching which he didn't appear to have with us.  He's better than the last one we had from Spurs...Jermaine Jenas! FFS.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 03:29:45 PM »
Thanks Fun Time Franky. You guys will be fine, impressed that you've kept hold of Cairney.
Wish Sendo from the kit stealers was still around, a great chap altogether.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Good luck for the new season
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 04:50:09 PM »
All the Best franky, hope you have a good season.
Re Onamah, has some obvious attributes, athletic, a bit of pace and could play a bit.
As others have said, get his head right and he might be a find.
He certainly has the right manager to bring the best out of him.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Good luck for the new season
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 04:55:57 PM »
Thanks. Hope you and Derby get promoted this season and we stop up. Had completely forgotten Onomah had ever played for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal