collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Posts

Re: Keinan Davis by Risso
[Today at 12:31:17 PM]

Re: Martin O'Neill: Ten years on by Walmley_Villa
[Today at 12:06:13 PM]

Re: Keinan Davis by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 11:54:38 AM]

Re: Keinan Davis by algy
[Today at 11:49:27 AM]

Re: Rob Mackenzie - Head of Recruitment by OCD
[Today at 11:35:07 AM]

Re: Keinan Davis by mike
[Today at 11:35:01 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2020/21 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 11:32:06 AM]

Re: Keinan Davis by OzVilla
[Today at 11:30:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bury and Bolton and Macclesfield  (Read 13972 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
Re: Bury and Bolton
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 11:07:12 PM »
We play Walsall in pre-season, and take fookin loads. Did either of the manc massive play either of these?

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »
I don't think were allowed to play any games as they couldn't pay the staff that you need to get games on (stewards, etc).

Offline olaftab

• GM : 28.04.2021
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »
We play Walsall in pre-season, and take fookin loads. Did either of the manc massive play either of these?
I assume that friendly is their highest gate of the season unless they have a top draw in the cups?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »
Cameron's older brother Jordan plays for Bury. Or at least he should be if things were not as they are.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »
Bury are waiting to hear if a last-ditch offer to buy the League One club will save them from being expelled from the English Football League.

Owner Steve Dale told BBC Radio Manchester he had agreed a deal with analytics company C&N Sporting Risk, led by Henry Newman and Rory Campbell.

The EFL said it had been notified of an offer being accepted by Dale.

Bury had been given until 23:59 BST on Friday to prove their financial viability.

The EFL is now considering an extension to the deadline.

"We are currently in discussions with the potential purchaser and await information to allow the board to consider a request for an extension to Friday's deadline," said an EFL spokesperson.

Bury needed to show they could pay off creditors and had funding to complete the season, or risk expulsion from the EFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49455433

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »
The EFL have said they'll have a decision in the morning.

Fingers-crossed.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2019, 12:30:48 PM »
Bury given until Tuesday evening to prove that the sale has gone through.

Bolton now have the same deadline because apparently their sale isnít complete either.

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• GM : 28.06.2021
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2019, 10:43:04 AM »
Just heard that Bolton sale has fallen through and the club could go into liquidation after tomorrow.

A neighbour of mine is a Bolton fan, and I know he'll be devastated.

It could so easily have been us. Thank McGrath our new owners came when they did.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2019, 11:21:48 AM »
This is a disaster for the English game. The Premier League dripping in wealth, while clubs in its supporting tiers crumble and die. I wonder how many other clubs are close to the brink.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:23:21 AM by Pete3206 »

Offline Laurence

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
I wanted to write to express how desperately sad I feel for Bolton, my life is intertwined with the town, having been exiled in Bolton for the best part of twenty years and being married to someone with a trotters season ticket from the age of four.  The pain is a little less intense as we moved to Preston six years ago and we'd already respectively given up our Bolton and Villa season tickets to concentrate on life.   

I've found people in Bolton are generally friendlier and funnier than most, I was made to feel very welcome when I moved there in 1996. Over the years I made many friends who support Wanderers, decent guys and girls happy to support their local team as their families had done for generations.   Their pathological hatred of Man U pleased me immensely, there are glory hunters in Bolton who are treated with disdain, however, the lines are blurred as many living in the south side of the town have made their way there from Salford or Walkden, United territory. 

My father in law has had a ticket for the last five and a half decades, the fans have been kept in the dark, they feel dispirited and hopeless.   

The town itself is on its arse, I won't go into the details here, suffice to say its fortunes with near neighbour Manchester are mirrored by the gulf between the respective football clubs. It's sickening and one reason that I never have and never will have a Sky subscription.  It really could do with a boost, I hope they can find a buyer today.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2021
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »
Heartfelt Laurence and fully understood.  Nothing will ever stop my feelings for the Villa but I also carry respect for the football family in general, plastics notwithstanding.  It's about the near one-hundred-and -fifty years of Bolton's history as a club and community.

If Bolton, and indeed Bury or other as yet unnamed clubs go to the wall, where do their fans go?  I couldn't watch any other club with the same passion and enthusiasm as I give the Villa.  If we had gone under last year and had to reform and play in Perry Hall Park, I would still go and watch them, if I couldn't then I'd throw my hat at it and call it a day.  There must be thousands of Bolton fans feeling the same way. 

Football needs to look inwardly at itself and more needs to be done in the way of stringent controls over who is or isn't allowed to purchase football clubs that play under FA and EPL league rules.  This, imo also applies further down the food chain into non-league, there are some clubs down there with long-standing histories too.  Football is our game but I fear it will die if clubs' like Bolton and Bury et al are allowed to.  I have no real answers, I wish I did.  It's the long-suffering average fan that I feel desperately sorry for.

Offline Richie

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2019, 01:50:17 PM »
This is a disaster for the English game. The Premier League dripping in wealth, while clubs in its supporting tiers crumble and die. I wonder how many other clubs are close to the brink.

Totally agree. The riches of being in the Premier League are effectively forcing certain clubs (which included us) to live beyond their means and roll the dice. If they fail to get there and there's no knight in shining armour to bail them out, this is what happens. This could very easily have been us having to play the under 17's and hanging on by a thread with a 12 point deduction.

Something drastic needs to be done to prevent this happening again. For a club the size of Bolton to be in this mess is heartbreaking.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2019, 01:58:57 PM »
I feel for you Laurence, this is a desperate situation. I think as football fans we get complacent about these scenarios as they're sadly not uncommon; we've often seen clubs saved from the brink, so there's a tendency to assume it'll all be fine and someone will come to be rescue. One day they won't and a big club will cease to exist. Sadly it might take this to happen for the authorities to get their act together.

Ultimately the best way to prevent this from happening is to stop letting crooks and charlatans buy football clubs. It's a disgrace that a grand old club like Bolton should be in this situation, given its importance to the town and its community. The devastation would be felt very hard. I sincerely hope they survive this.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2019, 02:11:01 PM »
The rot started with Sky.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 14.08.2020
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »
Absolutely gutted for anyone, no matter who they support, when their club goes under.  Must be absolutely heartbreaking and can't imagine how lost I'd feel without the Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal