collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RB Leipzig (& Coca-Cola) vs Aston Villa Pre-Season Friendly Match Thread  (Read 38826 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: RB Leipzig (& Coca-Cola) vs Aston Villa Pre-Season Friendly Match Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »
A lot of teams will play long diagonal balls in behind our absent full backs this season.  It will become a thing as we will be so attack minded.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2019, 06:14:57 PM »
Our left back seemed AWOL for a few of their chances. Heaton made some cracking saves.
Agree with you on this...Target was completely out of position in a different postcode. I also noticed this against Charlton (or was it Walsall?) as they had a period where they kept getting behind us down our left. I have a feeling that left back will continue to be our achilles heel this season and teams may target Target.

If Targett misses the mark we'll be able to call Hause.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2019, 08:36:21 PM »
Game is replayed on Freesports Sky channel 422 at 5.05 today

Cheers bud. Never got chance yesterday (work) enjoyed the second chance :-)))

Offline KRS

« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2019, 11:23:31 PM »
Watched the repeat showing today and got to give credit to Conor. Apart from a couple of misplaced passes (which may get punished against the better teams), he’s looking in good condition and looked comfortable playing the DM role. His set pieces are definitely an asset to his game, so will be interesting to see how Dean will set up the team when Marvelous and Luiz are up to speed.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2019, 11:35:20 AM »
Watched it today, thought it was a very "competitive" game! Good showings from Engels, Freddy and some fantastic saves from Tom Heaton. I didn't realise that Leipzig had finished third last season, so it was a good preseason test. Good result after soaking up some considerable pressure from a decent team. Agree Conor played well. Hope Wesley can start creating and taking chances as he settles in, but not to worry, I'm sure DS has his thoughts and plans in place.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal