collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: RB Leipzig (& Coca-Cola) vs Aston Villa Pre-Season Friendly Match Thread  (Read 38845 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
One for UKR and Woofles the Wonder Dog there!

Anyway:

Saturday 3.8.19 14:30 KO

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Hope that Luiz gets his wp sorted so he can play, needs game time.  Looking forward to this as it will be a proper test for us.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Anyone know if it will be streamed on YouTube again?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Would have thought so. With the added pleasure of Jack Woodward babbling on and on and on and on...

Online sid1964

me and the wife are travelling from Berlin for this one, really looking forward to seeing how we fair against a top European side!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025

Yes. With interruptions after 7, 19, 28, 44, 67, 79 and 83 minutes.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024

Yes. With interruptions after 7, 19, 28, 44, 67, 79 and 83 minutes.

But don’t be too concerned, you will still be able to hear Jack telling you about his new cutlery set and swish curtains with live, uninterrupted audibles. Hurarr!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025

Blimey Leeg, there's obscure references and then there's this  :o ;D

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025

Blimey Leeg, there's obscure references and then there's this  :o ;D

I'm quite frankly baffled!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
This will be a very good warm up for Spurs.

Leipzig are major pressing team and have finished 2nd, 6th and 3rd in their three seasons in Bundesliga. Not a very popular team over there but have lots of quality. Also have appointed Julian Nagelsmann as their new coach, he did brilliant work at Hoffenheim over last 4 seasons. He turned 32 last week......

Players to look out for....Dayot Upamenco (French CB linked to Barcelona recently), Yussuf Poulsen, striker who can play centrally or out wide and was regular for Denmark at last World cup, Timo Wener (german striker at last world cup), Christopher Nkunku (midfielder at PSG last season) and of course signed Amapdu and Lookman in last week.

Nice stadium aswell, it hosted matches in 2006 WC.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
A bit prema- innit?

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
They appear to be absolutely despised in Germany. More so than Bayern even. Werner is a talent, hopefully both teams go full strength. This will be good.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
They appear to be absolutely despised in Germany. More so than Bayern even.
They are. This is what I said in another thread:
RB Leipzig are very controversial (and hated by fans of many of the more traditional teams). In 2009 Red Bull bought into a struggling lower-league Leipzig team with the aim of taking them into the top flight. Under Bundesliga rules companies aren't allowed to be owners of football teams unless, like Wolfsburg (VW) and Leverkusen (Bayer), they genuinely started off as works teams. Red Bull managed to get round this while the club was still in the lower leagues but they're still not allowed to call themselves Red Bull, so they just use the name RB Leipzig. Of course, everyone knows that RB is really Red Bull, but officially it's a ridiculous made-up name, RasenBallsport Leipzig, which means "grass ball sport". The name is regarded with something between contempt and derision by the rest of the Bundesliga, but you can't ignore their success on the field. After promotion after promotion they joined the top flight in 2016 and finished 3rd last season, so we'll be playing a team that's qualified for the CL.
What's good is that Saxony has a top-flight football team and this has given Leipzig a footballing identity that it hasn't had for decades together with considerable commercial benefits. They attract big crowds, even though many supporters of the other Bundesliga teams boycott their teams' matches in Leipzig.

Offline VillaMart58

Does anybody know how many tickets that AVFC have been allocated/sold for the match in Leipzig?

Also wondering what the general consensus was regarding how fans were getting there, where they staying, drinking, etc.

For me personally, I staying in Berlin on Friday/Saturday and commuting to/from Leipzig on match day.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Our match has now disappeared from their website, but when I last looked we'd sold all but about 40 tickets in quite a large block

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal