collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 148367 times)

Offline Luke8

Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2019, 05:03:04 PM »
Considering that it was one of our poorest performances of the season, both as a team and individually, both wingers were still involved in at least a couple of decent moments - the goal, Wesleys chance, McGinns chance (El Ghazi run to set this up was excellent) and Trez has a reasonably chance cutting inside from the right.

Like quite a few of the team/squad they is quite clearly room for improvement but I think both have shown that they have the potential to be decent players for us.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »
Considering that it was one of our poorest performances of the season, both as a team and individually, both wingers were still involved in at least a couple of decent moments - the goal, Wesleys chance, McGinns chance (El Ghazi run to set this up was excellent) and Trez has a reasonably chance cutting inside from the right.

Like quite a few of the team/squad they is quite clearly room for improvement but I think both have shown that they have the potential to be decent players for us.

It’s their lack of commitment and concentration when we don’t have the ball that is the much bigger issue. They left our full backs horribly exposed all game.

We don’t defend well enough from the front.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2019, 05:41:06 PM »

It’s their lack of commitment and concentration when we don’t have the ball that is the much bigger issue. They left our full backs horribly exposed all game.

We don’t defend well enough from the front.

Don’t hugely disagree. However, they did put in a pretty decent defensively shift just the game before, up against two of the best in the world in their position.

Their inconsistency, both offensively and defensively, are part of the learning curve and one of the reasons that they are with us as oppose to a current established premier league team.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2019, 05:51:44 PM »
I bumped into him in John Lewis last sunday thanked him for the goal against 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' , the last person I thanked for a goal in John Lewis was Albert Adomah against Wolves and he was shite ever since. lets hope when he is settled he gets better .

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
He has been quite average tbh

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2019, 02:30:35 AM »
He has been quite average tbh

Looks more of an impact sub at this stage.  Still not convinced AEG is going to be good enough to be that in all honesty. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2019, 11:33:38 AM »
Also worth remembering it's a lot easier to mark Trezeguet (and El Ghazi and McGinn) when Grealish isn't playing. He terrifies defenders and creates space for the rest of them. See how much better McGinn looks alongside him, for instance.

That's what i've been saying when discussing the game, the only one of the injuries that may have made a difference Sunday was Grealish because he would have occupied more opposition players, he'd have given them more to think about when we attacked.

I don't think Heaton or Steer would have saved the 2 goals and Nyland did nothing wrong, Konsa came in and played as well as Engels and Taylor coming on for Targett made no difference.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2019, 11:50:40 AM »
As soon as Grealish is back fit I'd be looking to move either AEG or Trezeguet in behind Wesley and play one as a deep-lying forward off the big man. Neither of them are convincing as wingers right now, and since Wesley is unconvincing too, we could do worse than shuffling the deck and see if it brings about any improvement up front.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »
Konsa came in and played as well as Engels.

I agree with this bit but I think you need to add context. Jota was playing tucked in so he was between Guilbert and Konsa and 2-3 times in the first half he found space because of a communication failure between the 2 over who was picking him up. It didn't lead to either of the goals but it was noticeable and unfortunate because they were 2 of our better players other than this.

As soon as Grealish is back fit I'd be looking to move either AEG or Trezeguet in behind Wesley and play one as a deep-lying forward off the big man. Neither of them are convincing as wingers right now, and since Wesley is unconvincing too, we could do worse than shuffling the deck and see if it brings about any improvement up front.

I could write a really complicated response to this but 4321 with Grealish and AEG/Trez/Jota playing free roles on the left and right but starting tucked in. In defence Luiz and Mcginn drift slightly wide to help the fullbacks and Jack tucks in to effectively a 442/4411.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2019, 12:27:14 PM »
I've always felt that Grealish's best position would be behind a number 9, in the Sheringham/Le Tissier role. Might be worth a shot, play with Trez left wing, McGinn and Nakamba centre mid and someone more defensive on the right, maybe even Elmo who i think always looks better higher up and puts some really good balls into the box.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »
Just played 70 mins in Egypt match at home to Kenya.

What position were you playing? Trez played the full 90 (+5) minutes.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2019, 11:00:52 PM »
Nominated for African Player of the Year.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2019, 12:54:32 AM »

He's shite. Looks like this season's Josh Onomah
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:59:57 AM by Comrade Blitz »

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2019, 06:52:53 AM »

He's shite. Looks like this season's Josh Onomah

No he's not and no he doesn't.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2019, 07:17:18 AM »
He’s ace, I reckon he’ll be shit hot after his first season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal