collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149901 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Mahmoud Hassan - Trezeguet
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2019, 07:07:12 AM »
More seriously going back to Andre Green he looks very difficult to coach to my eye.  He has become very easy to defend against, very easy for a defender to bully into a hasty cross or a blind alley channel.  I get the point about him coming on at Wembley but personally he had my nerves jangling every time he got near the ball.  Like Elphick there is always a bad mistake in him.
And yet he had the awareness to set up McGinn at Sheff Wed following a great pass from Mings.
He's inconsistnet, I'd say.

Offline KRS

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2019, 07:19:10 AM »
Green is only 20 years old so still has time on his side, but if he was good enough for the Premier League we’ll have all seen and recognised his ability and potential by now, and he would have been tearing up defences in the Championship...but he didn’t. He’s got to seriously improve and raise his game if he has any desire to be a Premier League player. I’d love it if he could but unfortunately I just don’t think he’s going to make the grade.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2019, 07:21:37 AM »
Purslow has said that you can’t make an ideal squad in one window so there’s going to be some squad fillers. Green, BB, Hogan and Davis currently fit that description. I think Smith rated Lansbury and plans for him to be the second choice defensive midfielder.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2019, 07:56:23 AM »
Waring would have if they had had their names on their shirts back then.

Did he actually like the nickname Pongo?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2019, 08:22:06 AM »
Have we had a player with a nickname on his shirt before this season?
Not sure if my eyes deceived me but Steve Hodge had “C***” on his shirt during the match against Norwich.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2019, 08:43:21 AM »
I can understand some of the concerns about Green but like someone said, he is only 20. To me, it seems like a confidence thing at times. I think he's worth persevering with.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2019, 08:56:37 AM »
I can understand some of the concerns about Green but like someone said, he is only 20. To me, it seems like a confidence thing at times. I think he's worth persevering with.

Yes, he does seem a bit afraid to try things and show his ability at times. I'd say Grealish had spells like that where he played it too safe in the past, albeit showing more glimpses of what he was capable of.  This where a good sports psychologist might make a difference. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »

I don't I'm afraid.  I've seen nothing from him at all, he's just a bog standard plodder.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
Can he lose the cunty Trezeguet nickname? Mahmood Hassan isn't exactly difficult to pronounce.

Please tell me that that he won't have Trezeguet on his shirt. The fucking nicknames on shirts is so chavish

Completely irrational thing to be annoyed about.

Like it.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2019, 05:53:24 PM »

I don't I'm afraid.  I've seen nothing from him at all, he's just a bog standard plodder.
I tend to agree, never really shown anything special.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2019, 05:59:47 PM »
I was thinking the same earlier. Who do we have in the academy coming through? Who is considered one to watch or our best player? Is there anyone? I noticed Baggies have had a couple, one gone to Man City one gone to Barca.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2019, 08:31:47 PM »
Can he lose the cunty Trezeguet nickname? Mahmood Hassan isn't exactly difficult to pronounce.

Please tell me that that he won't have Trezeguet on his shirt. The fucking nicknames on shirts is so chavish

I agree, but also feel like a complete kill-joy for doing so. However, if everyone started putting the name of a famous former player on their shirt rather than their own name, where would we end up. Whole teams of unimaginative World Cup winners probably. 

Offline FatSam

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »
It sounds like decent money for an experienced international coming towards his prime, so difficult to find much fault with this signing - especially given where we are in the squad building cycle. I wasn’t very impressed with him in the Egypt World Cup games that I watched last summer though, so hopefully he doesn’t have difficulty with the step up in quality from the Turkish league.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2019, 08:42:08 PM »

I agree, but also feel like a complete kill-joy for doing so. However, if everyone started putting the name of a famous former player on their shirt rather than their own name, where would we end up. Whole teams of unimaginative World Cup winners probably.

Conversely, I quite like chutzpah of him encouraging comparisons with a legendary player. Kind of the opposite of jordi cruyff limp wristedly going with first name on his shirt.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »
A couple of sites saying that personal terms have been agreed.   Now for the shirt stretching photo's!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal