collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Match thread - Minnesota Utd v Aston Villa  (Read 21758 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Match thread - Minnesota Utd v Aston Villa
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2019, 09:21:11 AM »
I'd defintely buy the shirt they wore last night.

Offline nevillain

« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
Found the first goal...

https://mobile.twitter.com/MNUFC/status/1151659537142878208

Thanks. Got to say love that shirt without the sponsor logo

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2019, 09:30:48 AM »
Found the first goal...

yes,  how big is the biggest youth top ??

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2019, 09:41:50 AM »
Poor old SJM looked a bit out of sorts without his skipper mate next to him.
DFM position well covered in both Halves without new signings by Connor and BB, so not worried by that now, esp if Douglas or Ampadu ends up being first choice.
Freddie at RB looks very good with pace and crossing
Good goals all round, super jack plus good to see Lansbury and BB getting past the forwards for their finishes
Wesley wasn’t as dynamic as I was hoping in this first showing
O’Hare and particularly Jota had very good games

So in summary, another top class keeper to help Jed would be good ,  defence looks great ,DFM will be ok, I’d like another top class midfielder for Jack/SJM cover. Biggest issue is goal scorer forward competition and another winger
Bring on spurs , UTV

Appreciate the summary Daz.

I'm not going to worry about Wesley until November or so, many will remember that we though Benteke was a bit of a cart horse before he got properly up and running.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »
The Guilbert cross for Lansbury was superb, right where you'd want it as a midfielder running in so he didn't have to break stride. It was also a fantastic bit of work to create the opportunity as well.

Other than that, first half was good, Bree looked a bit out of his depth and made a few sloppy passes in bad areas, Grealish, Jota, O'Hare and El Ghazi looked like a superb unit and all worked really well together, Wesley just wasn't quite in sync with them but he did some good work. Konsa and Hause looked very good.

Second half was utter rubbish (from both teams) for about 20minutes, lots of sloppy passes and it was generally pretty turgid. Once they made a few changes and started trying to make a game of it it was much better and we got the extra couple of goals we probably deserved.

Green was really frustrating. He had a chance where he cut in and curled one just over that was good, and his cross for Thor was great but the rest of the half he seemed like he couldn't work out what he wanted to do.  He can do good things but he really needs to gind a way to have a consistent impact on the game.

Davis was different, he had a few touches that were a bit heavy and he was slow to get shots away a couple of times (I reckon this is why he doesn't score many) but he should've won a penalty, he linked play better than Hogan or Wesley and I think he knows what his role in the team is and how to go about it, he just needs to be a bit more positive in the box.

Man of the match has to be done in halves and I'd go for Jota and Guilbert, I think they could be a fantastic pairing on our right.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2019, 10:11:36 AM »
Guilbert looked pretty interesting - his cross for the 2nd was great - looked quick also.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2019, 10:17:28 AM »
The Guilbert cross for Lansbury was superb, right where you'd want it as a midfielder running in so he didn't have to break stride. It was also a fantastic bit of work to create the opportunity as well.

Other than that, first half was good, Bree looked a bit out of his depth and made a few sloppy passes in bad areas, Grealish, Jota, O'Hare and El Ghazi looked like a superb unit and all worked really well together, Wesley just wasn't quite in sync with them but he did some good work. Konsa and Hause looked very good.

Second half was utter rubbish (from both teams) for about 20minutes, lots of sloppy passes and it was generally pretty turgid. Once they made a few changes and started trying to make a game of it it was much better and we got the extra couple of goals we probably deserved.

Green was really frustrating. He had a chance where he cut in and curled one just over that was good, and his cross for Thor was great but the rest of the half he seemed like he couldn't work out what he wanted to do.  He can do good things but he really needs to gind a way to have a consistent impact on the game.

Davis was different, he had a few touches that were a bit heavy and he was slow to get shots away a couple of times (I reckon this is why he doesn't score many) but he should've won a penalty, he linked play better than Hogan or Wesley and I think he knows what his role in the team is and how to go about it, he just needs to be a bit more positive in the box.

Man of the match has to be done in halves and I'd go for Jota and Guilbert, I think they could be a fantastic pairing on our right.
Regarding Green - I have said this a long time - very skillful with a ball, quick etc - but his football awareness and decision making is abysmal (in some sense like Gabby).

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2019, 10:18:55 AM »
No, suffer nine minutes of footage like we all have to.

Who didn't get a run-out that is out there?  Engels and Rush?
Yeh Engels left out and jack clark was unsed sub for both halves with the entire 11 changing at half time

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2019, 10:22:38 AM »
Regarding Green - I have said this a long time - very skillful with a ball, quick etc - but his football awareness and decision making is abysmal (in some sense like Gabby).

I largely agree, it's what I mean by frustrating. Te worst thing about it is that he he looks like he has problems with his technique because he's so ponderous that he just runs out of time, he also never seems to properly stretch his legs and use his pace so he gets caught by players that he'd ruin in a race.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2019, 10:46:50 AM »
Found the first goal...

yes,  how big is the biggest youth top ??

Still probably not big enough unfortunately !!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2019, 10:47:37 AM »
Green is a bit Zog at times

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2019, 10:56:34 AM »
Worth waiting for.

You up already Mark. Hope you slept well for your 3-4 hours sleep.

Ha! You can't stop me. I've been out, a couple of meetings and now back home to have a little 'sesta'. I think I may adopt your timezone today, JD.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:05:43 AM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2019, 11:02:21 AM »
Enjoy, Toronto! If you Mr Leech, give him a kiss from me.

This one is for you mate. Simon send his regards

Excellent! I see Simon has finally shaved the beard off. The loon grew a beard when we were relegated and refused to shave it off until we were back in the PL. Big respect to the fella for his organisation for all the Villa fans that traveled plus the brilliant work he does with the Villa Supporters Clubs he helps in the States. The bastard makes it look so effortless and fun. Just keep him away from your pies.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »
Enjoy, Toronto! If you Mr Leech, give him a kiss from me.

This one is for you mate. Simon send his regards

Excellent! I see Simon has finally shaved the beard off. The loon grew a beard when we were relegated and refused to shave it off until we were back in the PL. Big respect to the fella for his organisation for all the Villa fans that traveled plus the brilliant work he does with the Villa Supporters Clubs he helps in the States. The bastard makes it look so effortless and fun. Just keep him away from your pies.

He actually shaved it off yesterday and raised a bunch of money for Acorns in the process. We had a good time last night. In fact all the traveling Villa did. And yes he does great work out here.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2019, 12:45:18 PM »
Highlights

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal