collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bjorn Engels - Goodbye and good luck  (Read 78283 times)

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: Bjorn Engels - Confirmed
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2019, 02:14:07 PM »
I like Oasis and the song but I’d rather we changed it to Sweet Caroline after we win

Yeah agree update to Sweet Caroline now required

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
Whilst the Lyrics are quite funny is anyone really going to start singing Robbie Williams at a football match? Really?

Almost certainly.

Modern football is rubbish.

Engels kicks the ball up the pitch again
We'll score 3 goals before tomorrow singing
La la la la la....

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2019, 02:19:37 PM »
I like Oasis and the song but I’d rather we changed it to Sweet Caroline after we win

Me too.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2019, 03:02:22 PM »
I prefer Oasis.  I think it's a great song and a good majority of the fans still get involved.  I appreciate I'm in a minority on this forum and wouldn't be overly upset if it was changed.

I personally don't feel any great need for a Midlands connection to bands that are played at VP.  I can't ever imagine fans singing along to Black Sabbath and a lot of our yonger fans probably won't have even heard a song from almot 50 years ago.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2019, 03:07:39 PM »
Most bands don't really have a connection to a club, but one of the rare ones that do is Oasis and City do play their songs post match. Just seems a bit cringeworthy to me.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2019, 05:39:26 PM »
Even though he's not Scandinavian, we're always better with a Scandinavian sounding centre back.

Ha, ha. I said exactly the same when we signed him.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2019, 05:44:38 PM »
He definitely looks like a good centre half on a purely visual basis. I don’t mind that he’s skinny, Laursen was a streak of piss but still hard as nails.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »
Oasis are an awful band imo. Sabbath are music legends and Geezer is a big Villa fan. Heavy Metal is to Birmingham what Hip Hop is to New York or Reggae to Jamaica and we should celebrate it.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2019, 06:02:43 PM »
Oasis are an awful band imo. Sabbath are music legends and Geezer is a big Villa fan. Heavy Metal is to Birmingham what Hip Hop is to New York or Reggae to Jamaica and we should celebrate it.

The problem is it sounds shit.

Offline Smirker

« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2019, 06:50:34 PM »

Whenever I hear someone say that about Metal they often haven't heard any Metal at all but regardless of that it sounds very good at the big sporting events in the USA so it can definitely work.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
It is no Chas and Dave though.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2019, 07:22:45 PM »

Whenever I hear someone say that about Metal they often haven't heard any Metal at all but regardless of that it sounds very good at the big sporting events in the USA so it can definitely work.
Are these big sporting events when Americans play each other in the “World Series”.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »

They played Iron Man between rounds at the Joshua fight in New York. Even though I’m not really fan, I was chuffed. Thing is though, they played Wonderwall between another two rounds and everybody sang along.

Offline Smirker

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »
It was a Joshua fight tbf, would have been full of Brits in the 20-40 age group which is exactly the demographic who listen to Oasis.

Also I wouldn't say Iron Man was the sort of song to sing along to. If they'd have played Crazy Train I bet they'd have sang along to that.

🤘

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2019, 08:00:12 PM »

They played Iron Man between rounds at the Joshua fight in New York. Even though I’m not really fan, I was chuffed. Thing is though, they played Wonderwall between another two rounds and everybody sang along.

I feel like we are comparing apples and oranges here.

Ozzy/Sabbath does get played at sporting events in the US, typically Crazy Train in my experience, but it's usually used just to get the crowd pumped up and screaming.

So IMHO, if you want a sing-a-long go for DLBIA or Sweet Caroline.   If you want to scream your head off and make as much noise as possible then Ozzy fits the bill.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal