collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Risso
[Today at 11:34:22 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 11:32:54 AM]

NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 11:25:29 AM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Risso
[Today at 11:04:59 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:02:18 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by AV82EC
[Today at 10:54:31 AM]

Champions League Contention by LeeS
[Today at 10:41:54 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 09:55:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 487329 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #690 on: August 17, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »
The most exciting thing about him, apart from his wondergoal, was how he is so comfortable bring the ball forward. First half he played the defensive role given, linking up play but later in the game he picked up the ball and charged forward. Those type of runs will see us well over the season.

Offline nigel

« Reply #691 on: August 17, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »
Grew into the game after his fuck up. He has a strange knack of looking like he’s about to fuck up again but recovers. Looked strong and distributed the ball. Shame he doesn’t have much in front of him to pass to. Also an excellent goal on his home debut.

Didn't see it today but sounds like he grew into the game and did well so at least that's a positive to take from today.

Thought he was awful for the first 20 mins then was ok for the rest of the first half.
Had a very good second half.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #692 on: August 17, 2019, 09:10:43 PM »
Will get better and better. Unfortunately I expect Man City to exercise their buyback clause in the summer!

They won’t get a work permit unless they offer a shitload of money. He needs to be one of their main players. He’s a big talent.

richtheholtender

« Reply #693 on: August 17, 2019, 09:42:25 PM »
He won’t go back to city for at least two years

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #694 on: August 18, 2019, 12:02:46 AM »
The technique for the goal was outrageous. Is he one that's really going to look best in a more advanced midfield position than defensive though, maybe the pace and hussle of the PL might be a bit more than he's used to? I suppose like Wesley it'll be something he'll get used to and learn to adapt to but I'm sure he'll be more than useful as an attacking force right from the off.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #695 on: August 18, 2019, 12:18:11 AM »
Technique and comfortable on the ball in tight areas, while not yet at Man Citys desired level, I can see why Guadiola saw something in him.

Online KRS

« Reply #696 on: August 18, 2019, 12:22:17 AM »
Stunning strike and he looked absolutely delighted when it flew into the back of the net...may be a bit of release from his earlier fuck up thrown in for good measure.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #697 on: August 18, 2019, 12:24:39 AM »
Stunning strike and he looked absolutely delighted when it flew into the back of the net...may be a bit of release from his earlier fuck up thrown in for good measure.
Yes, liked the way he tried to urge the crowd on afterwards, certainly must have helped him get over a costly mistake.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #698 on: August 18, 2019, 12:58:38 AM »
One of those rare occasions where the crowd urging a player to "shoooooot" ends with it nestling in the net.  Awful mistake for their second but he was very good after that.  So comfortable on the ball.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #699 on: August 18, 2019, 02:03:21 AM »
Very excited about Douglas, a flawed home debut but there's just so much to work with. Appears to be very economical with his movement off the ball, might like to see a little more urgency when required but watching him flourish over season is something I'm looking forward to.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2019, 02:31:58 AM »
Douglas, Engels and Trez have all really impressed me so far. Douglas impressed me the most.

Calm with a great eye for a pass and looks like he has time on the ball.  Good player.

Online KRS

« Reply #701 on: August 18, 2019, 03:36:41 AM »
He was a bit too calm at times today. Similar to Jack last week, he seemed to think he had more time on the ball than he had, and he got away with a few today. I’m sure he’ll learn quickly though and be more aware of what players (theirs and his team mates) are around him.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #702 on: August 18, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
Very excited about Douglas, a flawed home debut but there's just so much to work with. Appears to be very economical with his movement off the ball, might like to see a little more urgency when required but watching him flourish over season is something I'm looking forward to.

I noticed that too. He literally didn't appear to break sweat. He looks very composed and I'm sure will grow to become the real deal. Love than he's obviously bought in to the team and club culture, his Twitter comment last night is a credit not only to him but what's being created at Villa Park. He's loving it.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #703 on: August 18, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »
Douglas was very good considering he's had no pre-season matches, work permit issues and only arrived in the UK 11 days ago. He'll only get better. A class act.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #704 on: August 19, 2019, 01:21:11 AM »

I noticed that too. He literally didn't appear to break sweat. He looks very composed and I'm sure will grow to become the real deal. Love than he's obviously bought in to the team and club culture, his Twitter comment last night is a credit not only to him but what's being created at Villa Park. He's loving it.

To save others:
‪@dg_douglas12 ‬

Que orgulho de estar nesse grande clube! Que clima, que vibração, que torcida!
Infelizmente não foi o resultado que queríamos, mas pode ter certeza que vamos batalhar bastante, os resultados positivos vão aparecer! #AVFC #Dg6⚽️

=

What a pride to be in this great club! What a weather, what a vibe, what a cheer! Unfortunately it was not the result we wanted, but you can be sure that we will battle hard, the positive results will appear! #AVFC#Dg6⚽️

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal