Heroes & Villains > Match Threads & Player Ratings

Shrews away: Match Thread

(1/46) > >>

wittonwarrior:
Initial 1600 sold in 30 mins - a sign of things to come

BC54 VFC:
It will be interesting to see what happens regarding an extra allocation. At the moment The Town are selling the East and South stand to 'home' supporters. This implies that if an extra allocation were to be granted it would be in the North stand. However, this is the main side stand (where the players come out) which incorporates the sponsors and 'Sovereign Member' facilities making segregation difficult.

Sexual Ealing:

--- Quote from: BC54 VFC on June 24, 2019, 07:14:54 PM ---It will be interesting to see what happens regarding an extra allocation. At the moment The Town are selling the East and South stand to 'home' supporters. This implies that if an extra allocation were to be granted it would be in the North stand. However, this is the main side stand (where the players come out) which incorporates the sponsors and 'Sovereign Member' facilities making segregation difficult.

--- End quote ---

I was born in Shrewsbury and I can confirm that it's a pretty tasty town when it all comes on top. Not a game for scarfers IMHO. Top boys only. Do not, DO NOT pronounce scone to rhyme with gone.

Rodders:

--- Quote from: Sexual Ealing on June 24, 2019, 07:27:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: BC54 VFC on June 24, 2019, 07:14:54 PM ---It will be interesting to see what happens regarding an extra allocation. At the moment The Town are selling the East and South stand to 'home' supporters. This implies that if an extra allocation were to be granted it would be in the North stand. However, this is the main side stand (where the players come out) which incorporates the sponsors and 'Sovereign Member' facilities making segregation difficult.

--- End quote ---

I was born in Shrewsbury and I can confirm that it's a pretty tasty town when it all comes on top. Not a game for scarfers IMHO. Top boys only. Do not, DO NOT pronounce scone to rhyme with gone.

--- End quote ---

Copthorne-born also!

As long as visitors refer to the town as Shoosbry they should be fine.

I'm hoping that I'll get in at the home end through a Town-supporting friend, though having grown up near Ludlow I was always more of a Hereford man when it came to local second teams... I was at Edgar St in 1996 when one Dean Smith skyed a penalty against Tottingham Otspur... Graham Turner in the hotseat for the Bulls iirc. Funny old game.

Sexual Ealing:

--- Quote from: Rodders on June 24, 2019, 08:16:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sexual Ealing on June 24, 2019, 07:27:33 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Copthorne-born also!

As long as visitors refer to the town as Shoosbry they should be fine.

I'm hoping that I'll get in at the home end through a Town-supporting friend, though having grown up near Ludlow I was always more of a Hereford man when it came to local second teams... I was at Edgar St in 1996 when one Dean Smith skyed a penalty against Tottingham Otspur... Graham Turner in the hotseat for the Bulls iirc. Funny old game.

--- End quote ---

I think Risso was too! We could form a bloc on the county council if we weren't too cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version