collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 124315 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 31.12.2020
Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #1545 on: December 09, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »
His lack of physicality is of major concern his lack of balance when challenged is alarming. The last few games I have noticed he is really trying to up his game but with little reward, I would take him out of the firing line and try someone up front that has the speed to get behind defences.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #1546 on: December 09, 2019, 06:45:35 PM »
Can we loan him out to a Championship club in January so he can score some goals and gain a bit more confidence?
I donít think anyone in the Championship would take him.  They would have to be mad.

The Scottish Championship?

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1547 on: December 09, 2019, 07:12:15 PM »
He is not looking good at the moment , his touch is awful.  I am no big fan of the greedy JK but I dont think he could  be any worse than Wes at the moment , so I  would take Wes out of the firing line and work on his touch on the training ground and teach him how not to keep fouling and waving his arms about.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #1548 on: December 09, 2019, 10:58:37 PM »
AEG up front for me at Sheffield, Trezeguet on the wing.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #1549 on: December 09, 2019, 11:11:55 PM »
Can we loan him out to a Championship club in January so he can score some goals and gain a bit more confidence?

We'll be doing that with Kienan Davis I imagine. Maybe we'll be the first team to attempt and stay up with no experienced strikers actually in our matchday 18, that would be something.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1550 on: December 09, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »
No chance. That scenario will result in relegation at this level.

Offline Nelly

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #1551 on: December 10, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »
I think half the problem is that we don't service Wesley well at all. Often where there's a chance for a quick through ball, we slow things down instead. The hoof to him doesn't work but in the last series of games we've not been strong enough in midfield to dictate the game and create. With the goals he has scored so far, I get the impression he does well from being better supported in and around the box.

Against Everton, Jota put in a lovely through ball that Wesley got onto. I can't even remember a similar passage of play from us since.

Lets see how he does against the upcoming opposition - games where we should have more presence in midfield and are likely to create far more.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1552 on: December 10, 2019, 11:17:34 AM »
He is not making the movement or giving midfirld options to get it in to him. That puts pressure on our midfield. He does not win headers and when he does get the ball, usually loses it. I want him to suceed and score a hat-trick vs Shef Utd, but so far he is just way off what we need.

Offline postal

« Reply #1553 on: December 10, 2019, 12:54:52 PM »
I think half the problem is that we don't service Wesley well at all. Often where there's a chance for a quick through ball, we slow things down instead. The hoof to him doesn't work but in the last series of games we've not been strong enough in midfield to dictate the game and create. With the goals he has scored so far, I get the impression he does well from being better supported in and around the box.

Against Everton, Jota put in a lovely through ball that Wesley got onto. I can't even remember a similar passage of play from us since.

Lets see how he does against the upcoming opposition - games where we should have more presence in midfield and are likely to create far more.

There have been chances that he just hasnt got on to the end of, either that he hasnt seen or anticipated the cross / through ball.
So to say he hasnt been getting the service is only a small part of the issue. His shots are weak and he just doesnt seem bothered half the time.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #1554 on: December 10, 2019, 02:55:41 PM »
Get the lad from Rangers who is a bit mad but scores lots of goals.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #1555 on: December 10, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »
He never scores against Celtic. Big game bottler.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1556 on: December 10, 2019, 03:06:28 PM »

He's never on the pitch long enough.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #1557 on: December 10, 2019, 03:33:05 PM »

We wonít have to play Celtic

Offline KRS

« Reply #1558 on: December 10, 2019, 06:34:30 PM »
I donít think Iíve ever seen Wes control the ball on the turn and go at defenders as he always positions himself with his back to goal, shield and lay it off...he doesnít even attempt to do the former now matter how far up the pitch he is. Obviously heís no Vardy, or even a Maupay, but every half decent centre forward should have that basic desire and drive to get in on goal...he simply doesnít.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #1559 on: December 10, 2019, 06:55:58 PM »

We wonít have to play Celtic

No, we play a load of far better teams. If he bottles it against them I don't know if he wouldn't do the same in the Premier League. We don't have any Partick Thistle or Hamilton Accies to fill your boots against. Plus, if he gets sent off that often playing for a team who generally get to choose their own referees from the local Lodge, he'll be off every week if he plays for us.