collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 96883 times)

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #1155 on: November 12, 2019, 11:26:56 PM »
This will go to his agents head and he'll be demanding a pay rise

Yes, and there's a good chance Wes will murder some babies while he's there. The bastard.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1156 on: November 13, 2019, 12:28:16 AM »
From what I have seen you could partner him with the best forward in the world and he's still be what he is,  but I hope he proves us wrong. It seems like we get this position consistently wrong. Stars burn brightly for a while then fall to earth or as in this case,  they just splutter along like damp squibs.

The last three players we've had regularly in this position were Benteke, Kodjia and Abraham. What failures they were...

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1157 on: November 13, 2019, 07:46:06 AM »
He doesnít look it at the moment, just guess we have got to wait, although I hope we buy a striker in January. Is it because Wes isnít that good? Hasnít settled? or we are using him wrong?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1158 on: November 13, 2019, 07:46:35 AM »
You can probably include Grabban as well.

Offline mallo

« Reply #1159 on: November 13, 2019, 09:08:11 AM »
Hopefully he keeps the morale (no pun intended) up and comes back fighting.

Hatem Ben Arfa is a free agent..

It might be worth having a look at how many through balls he got which he could do something with - admittedly he doesn't get himself into positions where they want to pass a lot but it might highlight whether the midfield should be doing more to support him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #1160 on: November 13, 2019, 09:19:18 AM »
From what I have seen you could partner him with the best forward in the world and he's still be what he is,  but I hope he proves us wrong. It seems like we get this position consistently wrong. Stars burn brightly for a while then fall to earth or as in this case,  they just splutter along like damp squibs.

The last three players we've had regularly in this position were Benteke, Kodjia and Abraham. What failures they were...

Isn't the fact that you've included Benteke who left 4Ĺ years ago, and Kodjia, who's had one good season for us, sort of making his point that we've consistently got the striker position wrong?  The big money signings of McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Hogan, as well as the decision not to sign another forward this season would make me think he's got a point to be honest.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #1161 on: November 13, 2019, 09:52:25 AM »
He doesnít look it at the moment, just guess we have got to wait, although I hope we buy a striker in January. Is it because Wes isnít that good? Hasnít settled? or we are using him wrong?
Itís the most difficult position on the pitch, particularly playing as a lone striker. He isnít up to it, I donít think he is necessarily a bad player and he will improve. He would be ok in the Championship.
But he is a long way off Premier League level right now and we cannot afford to wait to see if he wil get there. There are some fundamental problems with his game, inability to pick the flight of the ball and a lack of movement. We took a huge gamble on him without back up and we have to try and get someone in January or we will struggle to stay up.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #1162 on: November 13, 2019, 10:31:45 AM »
I think maybe beIN sports or euro sport covering these
Friday in Saudia Arabia . V Argentina 5pm (Messi first game back from 3 month suspension)
Tuesday 19th In Abu Dhabi . V  South Korea  1:30pm

Now Wesley should be getting some minutes in these games.
He'll also be having a decent supply line with Willian , Coutinho and Barcas Artur (a talented play maker )
Potentially Wes will play some minutes alongside Richarlison , Jesus,  Firmino
There's no doubt he'll get goal scoring opportunities in these matches so would of course be nice for a goal or two.
I wouldn't get carried away unless he's hitting obsence number of goals in those friendlies.
What is the real bonus of this call up is he's getting to play and train with some high quality players.
Now hopefully the national team coaches will help develop him and he comes back with a burning desire.
What ideally I love he comes back as a hybrid of Firmino / Richarlison. Learning hold up play and heading ability.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:33:17 AM by Vill I An »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #1163 on: November 13, 2019, 10:46:57 AM »
I think you're obsessed with Wesley, footy.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1164 on: November 13, 2019, 12:27:25 PM »

Isn't the fact that you've included Benteke who left 4Ĺ years ago, and Kodjia, who's had one good season for us, sort of making his point that we've consistently got the striker position wrong?  The big money signings of McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Hogan, as well as the decision not to sign another forward this season would make me think he's got a point to be honest.

I think you are right

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #1165 on: November 13, 2019, 12:55:48 PM »
The big money signings of McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Hogan ...
Of all the strikers mentioned in this and other posters, the only one that would enhance our squad now  - in terms of the way he's playing now - would be Jordan Ayew. He looks strong and sharp even if he's not scoring many.
Not that I'd necessarily be in favour of bringing him back.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1166 on: November 13, 2019, 01:07:38 PM »
The big money signings of McCormack, Ayew, Gestede and Hogan ...
Of all the strikers mentioned in this and other posters, the only one that would enhance our squad now  - in terms of the way he's playing now - would be Jordan Ayew. He looks strong and sharp even if he's not scoring many.
Not that I'd necessarily be in favour of bringing him back.

Yeah, that's my sort of thinking. I'll always like Ayew as he was one of the very few who looked like he gave a shit in 2015-16 and he played pretty well for us. I still think he looks a reasonable PL centre forward now but you tend to think a bit greedily when we have the owners that we do, and i'm not sure 'reasonable' is the type of standard i'd like us to sign.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #1167 on: November 15, 2019, 06:58:09 PM »
Got a couple of minutes at the end of Brazil's one-nil defeat to Argentina in Saudi Arabia. I was only watching on a small phone screen with no replays or commentary but looked like he missed a half-decent chance to equalise during his brief cameo. Luiz didn't get off the bench.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1168 on: November 25, 2019, 10:00:39 PM »
Sorry but he isn't  good enough. I'd seriously consider getting rid in the s.ummer if he doesn't improve.

Very lazy performance tonight.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #1169 on: November 25, 2019, 10:03:05 PM »
I thought he played well tonight.