collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 93566 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #1140 on: November 11, 2019, 08:40:20 PM »
From what I have seen you could partner him with the best forward in the world and he's still be what he is,  but I hope he proves us wrong. It seems like we get this position consistently wrong. Stars burn brightly for a while then fall to earth or as in this case,  they just splutter along like damp squibs.

Offline Ads

• GM : 26.03.2020
« Reply #1141 on: November 11, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »
Jiminez struck me as a bit of a donkey in the box. Missed the target routinely until given acres of time and space

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1142 on: November 11, 2019, 08:53:58 PM »
Jiminez struck me as a bit of a donkey in the box. Missed the target routinely until given acres of time and space

No pace either, fair play he scores a decent amount but I thought he was poor most of the game, it was Traore and Jota that we struggled with, Traore was just too quick and Jota was playing between Konsa and Guilbert who haven't played together much and it showed.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1143 on: November 11, 2019, 09:04:44 PM »
He needs some help up front. It's as simple as that. Having players hogging each wing is not working.

Very good point. Have a look at the video of Trez on the first page of his thread. That's two players we're not maximising their potential. As for El Ghazi, said it before, he's no winger but can be more useful playing more inside. It's worth a go until January.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1144 on: November 11, 2019, 09:14:30 PM »
He needs some help up front. It's as simple as that. Having players hogging each wing is not working.
Wes certainly isnít being helped by Trez and El Ghazi being piss poor wingers that either canít beat their man or put in a decent cross. Iím not sure how good Wes is in the air either if they did manage to put in a decent ball. His general hold up play is decent when played into his feet but he isnít a goal threat receiving the ball deep or with his back to goal. All 3 of them havenít shown enough consistently this season, so itís unfair to single out Wes.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #1145 on: November 12, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
I thought you weren't going to say another word on Wesley.

Come on itís only 3 posts. 8)

Where I come from I adhere to the comment where comment is due .
Concisement is next to be done.
I.e. what can be said in one post than 3

Offline themossman

• GM : 14.02.2018
« Reply #1146 on: November 12, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »
Missing out on Tammy and getting him instead will go down as one of the weirdest plan Bs weíve seen here. Both makes some sense, one instead of the other is bizarre.

We didn't miss out on Tammy, though.
Chelsea couldn't/wouldn't sell

You know what I mean. We appeared to be openly interested in him until it was clear Chelsea werenít selling. To turn from him to Wesley as our main striker is strategically a bizarre move.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1147 on: November 12, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »
We needed someone to make the ball stick up front and that's what we thought Wesley would be. I reckon that they also realised that they needed another option (a replacement for Tammy if you like) and that's the player we didn't get, but hopefully will get in January.
As it turns out, so far Wesley looks to me like (at this level) his ability to make the ball stick is not brilliant although i think with players around him to give better support you would see that improve, there are signs there (Everton at Home in particular) that he can do it. What has pleasantly surprised me is his finishing and general ability to get on the end of things created for him. The other attacking players haven't created bucket loads for him but he's generally done well with what he has been given, piss poor penalty against Norwich and blazing shot over the bar against Wolves aside.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #1148 on: November 12, 2019, 06:07:48 PM »
Wesley needs (i) the ball on the deck and (ii) players closer to him with whom he can trade passes; neither of which has been evident so far.
If we are going to play AEG and Trezeguet, they need to be working harder to link with each other and Wesley, not just hauling their arse up and down the wing: all three have talent but are not combining it to greatest effect. The two fullbacks can do more of the wing-work, with Marv and Luiz covering them defensively.

I don't think it's too complicated, but they do need to be fitter and be better at ball retention.

Offline themossman

• GM : 14.02.2018
« Reply #1149 on: November 12, 2019, 06:22:39 PM »
Yeah good points. Trezeguet and el ghazi playing  on the flanks is a complete waste of time when youíve got Wes up front.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #1150 on: November 12, 2019, 11:07:56 PM »
Ibrahimović is available on a free transfer in the January window when his LA Galaxy contract ends.
Please let have a short term option !

Offline kieron

« Reply #1151 on: November 12, 2019, 11:08:09 PM »
Whatever we may think of them at time of writing, best of luck to Wes and Dug over the coming days - it must be such a feeling to get a call up to the iconic Brazilian first team.

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1194383606002704384

"First workout! Too happy for this moment. 🇧🇷🙏💪"

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #1152 on: November 12, 2019, 11:19:52 PM »
This will go to his agents head and he'll be demanding a pay rise

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1153 on: November 12, 2019, 11:23:55 PM »
Well he can fuck off.

Offline cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #1154 on: November 12, 2019, 11:26:00 PM »
Ibrahimović is available on a free transfer in the January window when his LA Galaxy contract ends.
Please let have a short term option !

He wouldn't sign, and he's a massive bellend.