collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:32:44 AM]

Re: Matija Šarkić by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:23:57 AM]

Re: John McGinn - signed by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:20:08 AM]

Re: Matija Šarkić by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 12:09:37 AM]

Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed by paul_e
[November 19, 2019, 11:53:29 PM]

Re: Villa Park Changes & Commonwealth Games by Toronto Villa
[November 19, 2019, 11:42:21 PM]

Re: John McGinn - signed by Billy Walker
[November 19, 2019, 11:25:30 PM]

Re: Other clubs' managers by purpletrousers
[November 19, 2019, 11:21:00 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 82782 times)

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #705 on: August 24, 2019, 02:50:57 PM »
It was good to see him giving the Everton players some stick for dirty play and not taking any shit from them.  At Tottenham, I thought he was too easily bullied and has learned from that.  His movement and close control was very good and he shows massive promise.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 13.04.2020
« Reply #706 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:09 PM »
I enjoyed the unusual opportunity after he’d scored to turn to my mate and point out 2/3 of Villa’s goals this season were Brazilian.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #707 on: August 25, 2019, 12:01:14 AM »
I’m really pleased to see Wes doing Tv interviews.
Even though English is not his first language, he has the balls to stand in front of the cameras and chat.
That tells you so much about him and his belief and confidence.

Oh, and his English is pretty bloody good.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #708 on: August 25, 2019, 12:15:46 AM »
I’m really pleased to see Wes doing Tv interviews.
Even though English is not his first language, he has the balls to stand in front of the cameras and chat.
That tells you so much about him and his belief and confidence.

Oh, and his English is pretty bloody good.

Yes, it shows a certain amount of courage, as well as the capacity for hard work.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2020
« Reply #709 on: August 25, 2019, 12:19:47 AM »
What yesterday also showed is we shouldn’t judge players too quickly. We’ve all been guilty of it. He’s a young kid in a new country, club and in a league much tougher than anything previously in his career. His performance was a massive leap forward and it will give him immense confidence when he reviews it back with the staff and other players. He knows he is able to operate at this level now. Just needs to continue to work hard and stay focused. We really do love our centre forwards at Aston Villa.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 14.09.2017
« Reply #710 on: August 25, 2019, 08:00:39 AM »
How has he got fluent English after 6 weeks? Some players take about 5 years to learn 3 words!

Thought he was outstanding, to the point where if he has 15 games like that over a season we will be close to staying up with Mingels at the back.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #711 on: August 25, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »
How has he got fluent English after 6 weeks? Some players take about 5 years to learn 3 words!

Thought he was outstanding, to the point where if he has 15 games like that over a season we will be close to staying up with Mingels at the back.

I remember reading that during his time with Trenčín there was another player there who he used to speak with in English. Sounds like he was preparing!

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #712 on: September 17, 2019, 10:39:24 AM »
He might come good but he’s going to be bloody frustrating

That's all I can hold on to.
I don't yet see enough consistent attributes in him , lacking in the goal threat and contribution to the teams attacking play. Offers little outlet and provides little movement , unable to hold or pass the ball and has been wanting when in possession . Suspect tempremant . Service or no service must do more  Time will have to tell. But he's raw talent in polite terms

The thing is people call for another striker to come in then what's gonna happen with big Wes . £22 million confined to the bench come January. Admission of failure ?! The key signing in the summer had to be a new centre forward and at the moment it's failing miserably. Why the money didn't go on maupay I never know.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:44:02 AM by Vill I An »

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #713 on: September 17, 2019, 11:03:10 AM »
It's way too early to write him off, but it was majorly pissing me off today when he either jogged to close down their keeper or didn't bother at all. What happened to the much-vaunted Dean Smith press ?

Yeah still continues after 5 matches. His jogging around is infuriating. I guess it's his style as it looks like a lack of effort.
 Early on V West Ham he did close the GK down once but he doesn't do the hustle that's necessary from the front
We have to be fair in that the recruitment of Nakamba seems decent but isn't the story they were impressed seeing Wesley and scouted him too.
I don't think he was the target ! And now we ended up with him!
I said before he's no Dean Smith signing. Doesn't add the effectiveness in pressing that Deano demands. Looks like he was 'advised' to sign him.
I think he must have one heck of an agent the move sold to us under the guise of champions league player and the offer of some Brazilian flair. In words of Roy Keane "do me a favor"

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #714 on: September 17, 2019, 11:55:55 AM »
I'm seeing some good signs about Wesley and if we can play further up the field as a team he'll come good.
His movement and strength were good yesterday. Shuld have buried the header - for sure - but we need as a team to be moe offensive generally.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #715 on: September 17, 2019, 01:14:12 PM »
He’s not good enough.  I would drop him and play Davis at Arsenal that’s how high in regard his ability right now

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 03.05.2019
« Reply #716 on: September 17, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
He’s not good enough.  I would drop him and play Davis at Arsenal that’s how high in regard his ability right now

Agree, WW, rest him, bring Davis in and make Wesley fight for his place. Thought he improved against Everton but reverted back to Spurs performance last night

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #717 on: September 17, 2019, 01:38:06 PM »
I think we need to get players up and around him, positionally. Or play someone up with him. I like him.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #718 on: September 17, 2019, 01:48:36 PM »
I read in the post-match thread that some people think the reason for his apparent poor performance was because he was isolated. I disagree, when he did receive a pass his first-touch was terrible and if he felt isolated he should move into a better-supported area like Harry Kane does. He needs to step up his effort significantly, right now he's more Bowery than Benteke. The only reason he is playing is because he is a bigger goal threat than Davis - scary !

Offline Ads

• GM : 26.03.2020
« Reply #719 on: September 17, 2019, 01:56:54 PM »
We created one chance for him, which admittedly he should have scored. But not too many strikers have 100% success rate and even less approximately 340 minutes into their Premier League careers.