collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 82744 times)

Online GarTomas

Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #585 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:33 PM »
The challenge for him is weíre asking him to be a starter. Bournemouth brought Solanke off the bench and he was a similar fee. Likewise Man Utd were able to bring James on last week when 3 up and unsurprisingly he had a much easier ride.

He needs time and a run of games but we have to place some trust in the scouting that has taken place and that there is a player in there.

Offline onebyone12

« Reply #586 on: August 17, 2019, 06:51:52 PM »
Agreed, he does need bodies round him, but he also needs to cop hold of the ball, drive at goal and shoot the bastard. That doesn't require a giant; Vassell and Gabby (prior to his decline) did that on a regular basis.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #587 on: August 17, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
2 games in and very early days yet - BUT, he has done absolutely nothing to suggest he is a PL striker.  Yes, he might need players in and around him but if he had so, can anyone imagine the outcome being any different?  From what I've seen, I certainly can't see this transfer working out.

Talk of Sturridge sounds like desperation - We may just as well stick with Kodjia/Davis.

Massive concern for me at this stage.  I'm prepared to cut him some slack but I'll be amazed if he's up to scratch.

I've lowered my seasons' aspirations on the back of Wesley's 2 performances.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #588 on: August 17, 2019, 07:04:04 PM »
I haven't given up on on Wesley but i'd definitely looking at the free agent list right now. Striker situation is definitely a concern for me at present as Kod is well, Kod, even wen fit and Davis is similar to Wes. Right now I don't think they've got 15 goals in them combined in the top flight.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #589 on: August 17, 2019, 07:05:17 PM »
I haven't given up on on Wesley but i'd definitely looking at the free agent list right now. Striker situation is definitely a concern for me at present as Kod is well, Kod, even wen fit and Davis is similar to Wes. Right now I don't think they've got 15 goals in them combined in the top flight.

And a free agent has?

They are free agents for a reason.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #590 on: August 17, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
Well as we can't sign anyone else there aren't any other options apart from stick with what we have and hope, but as none of the 3 we have look as though they'll score many as of right now, I'd be looking to see if anyone available could do a short term job. I don't think we will bring one of them in for what it's worth but i'd be looking.

Offline KRS

« Reply #591 on: August 17, 2019, 07:19:03 PM »
Not impressed but weíre only 2 games in so far too early to be writing him off. We look pretty toothless and brainless up front, and that includes the front 5 not just Wesley. Dean needs to work out how to use him because at the moment Wes simply isnít getting any supply with 2 wingers that canít/wonít beat their fullback and any crosses that do come in are shite. Thereís a lot of work to be done at BH to get these players working together and creating more, however it would be wise to be looking at free agents until Christmas.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 02.05.2019
« Reply #592 on: August 17, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »
Hoping this has the same effect as my early remarks on the Kourtney Hause thread, but I hope we kept the receipt because it looks to me like we've been mugged off.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #593 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »
I thought he wasn't bad at all today tbh, he put himself about held the ball up, he did what he could, looked better today than the first half at Tottenham i thought.

If he had 2 or 3 attacking midfielders closer to him when he was involved he would be doing a vital job up there, but he was too isolated.

He isnt a 20 goal a season striker and never will be, thats not his game, but given the right support around him he can play a crucial part this season.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #594 on: August 17, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
Ridiculous he is being written off already. Give him a bloody chance. He has had no service in the two games.

Thereís 36 games to go. Letís reserve judgement when weíve played 10 to 15 games and even then itís early days

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 02.05.2019
« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2019, 07:47:50 PM »
Ridiculous he is being written off already. Give him a bloody chance. He has had no service in the two games.

Thereís 36 games to go. Letís reserve judgement when weíve played 10 to 15 games and even then itís early days

It's not just about no service. His first touch looks awful and he seems to spend as much time sat on his arse moaning at the ref as he does actually contributing. As you say early days, but first impressions are not promising.

Online charleeco7

« Reply #596 on: August 17, 2019, 07:48:47 PM »
I to thought he was ok today. No service but when he got the ball he held it up and tried to play others in. The drop of the shoulder to send the Bournemouth defender the wrong way before setting up Trez was excellent . He looked especially lively when Jota came on

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #597 on: August 17, 2019, 07:49:13 PM »

It's not just about no service. His first touch looks awful and he seems to spend as much time sat on his arse moaning at the ref as he does actually contributing. As you say early days, but first impressions are not promising.

Indeed.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #598 on: August 17, 2019, 07:53:38 PM »
I actually see him as more a possible new Carew/Dublin rather than the new Heskey/Harewood right now.

I saw positives today, to be writing him off after today is quite frightening.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #599 on: August 17, 2019, 07:57:23 PM »

Indeed.

This is my problem as well.  There has been nothing in his game to suggest that there is mileage in persevering with him.  It hasn't been down to just bad luck, lack of supply or whatever.  Whenever Wesley has become involved, it's been poor.

And just to reiterate: IT IS EARLY DAYS - I'M PREPARED TO CUT HIM SOME SLACK (roughly translated to "I'm not writing him off")

I doubt he'll make the grade - He looks too far off the pace but given the circumstances, I have little option other than to stick with him, which I will do.