collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Jack Grealish by Brassneck
[Today at 09:13:54 AM]

Re: Dalian Atkinson by AV82EC
[Today at 09:07:10 AM]

Re: Dalian Atkinson by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 09:00:50 AM]

Re: Anyone starting to get worried? by Luke8
[Today at 08:48:19 AM]

Re: VAR by brian green
[Today at 08:42:34 AM]

Re: Kortney Hause - here for good by Luke8
[Today at 08:38:01 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by chrisw1
[Today at 08:37:29 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Luke8
[Today at 08:30:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)  (Read 80298 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
Re: Wesley Moraes - signed (confirmed)
« Reply #570 on: August 17, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »
At this point I wouldn’t be against taking a flyer on Sturridge to see us to January. Unless I missed he’s no longer a free agent.

I would absolutely go for it

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #571 on: August 17, 2019, 05:53:37 PM »
Sorry but I've seen nothing to suggest he's good enough. Full stop. A lot of people seem to be comparing him to Benteke. I don't get that: when Christian signed, we knew we'd got a player on our hands. Did he take time to bed in, yes, but he never looked completely out of his depth. Wesley, I'm sorry, looks awful at this level.

Offline curiousorange

« Reply #572 on: August 17, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »
I can see why it's a decent shout, but we won't go for it. For a start, it's an admission that part of your transfer policy was undercooked. and I don't think the club are willing to hold their hand up to that two games in. Also, people are hugely put off by his injury record. Mings doesn't have a great record there either, but Sturridge is too high-profile a punt for it not to be a massive talking point.

So basically, it's a decent idea, but won't happen due to reasons other than football.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #573 on: August 17, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »
I'm not a fan of what I've seen from this guy in 2 competitive games. He has no pace, his first touch is complete garbage, every single ball played to him in promising areas he's always second best and his positional awareness is non-existent. I'm also getting highly annoyed by his theatrical antics at the slightest bit of contact.

This guy needs to toughen up and fast.

Other than that though he looks the part?

One things for sure, he should get plenty of time and opportunity considering the competition there and I actually think he'll do ok eventually. To me he looks raw and naive but talented.

Offline onebyone12

« Reply #574 on: August 17, 2019, 06:00:55 PM »
At this point I wouldn’t be against taking a flyer on Sturridge to see us to January. Unless I missed he’s no longer a free agent.

I mentioned in the post-match thread that hes being linked with Monaco, If Wesley is as off the pace as some are making out then a move for Sturridge would be excellent business

Offline levico

« Reply #575 on: August 17, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »
Far from convincing. Puts a bit of a question mark over our scouting competence.
How could this player be our record signing if only for a couple of weeks?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #576 on: August 17, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »
I despair of our fans sometimes. People around me were giving him loads of grief today. He cut a forlorn figure at times, but he needs some support. I would have like to have seen 20 minutes with Davies, instead of the cameo appearance at the end.

Online AsTallAsLions

« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »
I despair of our fans sometimes. People around me were giving him loads of grief today. He cut a forlorn figure at times, but he needs some support. I would have like to have seen 20 minutes with Davies, instead of the cameo appearance at the end.

Well if the problem is with his support and not him, then the issue is with Trezequet and El Ghazi and Grealish.

So if our lack of goals is not down to the obvious poor play of our sole striker, then we've got much much bigger problems to think about.

Offline onebyone12

« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2019, 06:17:15 PM »

He is a striker. Only one way to stop that grief..stick it in the onion bag and quick! Same goes for Davis.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2019, 06:17:35 PM »

I mentioned in the post-match thread that hes being linked with Monaco, If Wesley is as off the pace as some are making out then a move for Sturridge would be excellent business
Certainly keep the treatment room busy.

Offline onebyone12

« Reply #580 on: August 17, 2019, 06:28:00 PM »
Looking at the games Crewe will be his test, he has to start and needs a brace at least... ala Beneteke at swindon.

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2020
« Reply #581 on: August 17, 2019, 06:29:40 PM »
He didn’t have a good game and I think this league has been a bit of a wake up call for him, but he needs time.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #582 on: August 17, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »
Players need to get closer to him. Too often he was isolated and when crosses came in there weren't enough bodies in the box.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #583 on: August 17, 2019, 06:38:07 PM »
Players need to get closer to him. Too often he was isolated and when crosses came in there weren't enough bodies in the box.
This.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #584 on: August 17, 2019, 06:43:07 PM »

I agree with that but, even when he gets the ball in a decent position, he looks more likely to trip over the ball than do anything good with it.

I'm hoping it's just a bit of nerves and uncertainty at being with a big club in a big league. Let's hope he gets off the mark soon, and shows why we paid all of that money for him.

I'll admit, I've got a niggling feeling that we've bought a dud though.