collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Matt Targett - signed by paul_e
[Today at 03:45:46 PM]

Re: Ron Saunders RIP by amfy
[Today at 03:45:02 PM]

Re: Matt Targett - signed by Goldie.7
[Today at 03:33:54 PM]

Re: United v The Villa Pre-Match thread by Chris Smith
[Today at 03:33:29 PM]

Re: Matt Targett - signed by AsTallAsLions
[Today at 03:27:14 PM]

Re: Matt Targett - signed by Risso
[Today at 03:25:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by Deano's Mullet
[Today at 03:21:42 PM]

Re: United v The Villa Pre-Match thread by Deano's Mullet
[Today at 03:19:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2019/20  (Read 193243 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
Re: Other Games - 2019/20
« Reply #3315 on: November 14, 2019, 11:51:10 PM »
The "usual case" that has never occurred under Southgate? He has managed England in two tournaments and they've made the semis on each occasion. No reason why they can't win this tournament given that the SF and Final (and at least two-thirds of the Group Stage) are at Wembley.

Shhhh, the England fans are talking! 😉

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #3316 on: November 14, 2019, 11:54:45 PM »
Scotland aren't eliminated yet, I'll have you know. If you listen carefully you can just hear France, Spain, Germany and England trembling. Or it could be laughing, not sure.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #3317 on: November 15, 2019, 02:52:43 AM »
Spare a thought for Toronto fans, just about to start the 2nd leg of a 5,000 mile round trip after their MLS cup final defeat at Seattle.

About 1000 TFC fans amongst a very impressive 68000 crowd for the game. We played so well to get to the final against all odds but it wasnít to be. Itís a 5 hour flight back to Toronto.

If Jozy Altidore was 100% fit would have been a different story as him playing whole match would offer a goal threat, heading ability and holding ball and potential in scoring a few goals
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 02:59:22 AM by Vill I An »

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3318 on: November 15, 2019, 04:27:26 AM »
Spare a thought for Toronto fans, just about to start the 2nd leg of a 5,000 mile round trip after their MLS cup final defeat at Seattle.

About 1000 TFC fans amongst a very impressive 68000 crowd for the game. We played so well to get to the final against all odds but it wasnít to be. Itís a 5 hour flight back to Toronto.

If Jozy Altidore was 100% fit would have been a different story as him playing whole match would offer a goal threat, heading ability and holding ball and potential in scoring a few goals

Confirmed!

Offline in exile

• GM : 25.06.2019
« Reply #3319 on: November 15, 2019, 10:28:29 AM »
As if we needed confirmation!

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3320 on: November 15, 2019, 12:33:02 PM »
The "usual case" that has never occurred under Southgate? He has managed England in two tournaments and they've made the semis on each occasion. No reason why they can't win this tournament given that the SF and Final (and at least two-thirds of the Group Stage) are at Wembley.

All 3 England group games are guaranteed to be at Wembley.

Offline mallo

« Reply #3321 on: November 15, 2019, 12:56:31 PM »

Confirmed!

HAHAHAHA!

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #3322 on: November 15, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
Well aint no stopping Altidore MLS prowess
I couldn't resist !
Maybe he has his levels now however his sort of qualities are what's needed !

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #3323 on: November 15, 2019, 03:51:37 PM »
Well aint no stopping Altidore MLS prowess
I couldn't resist !
Maybe he has his levels now however his sort of qualities are what's needed !

Not THAT again?!! And you moan about our Wes, FFS. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #3324 on: November 15, 2019, 04:01:40 PM »

Not if Scotland qualify. Then there would be a draw to decide which team hosted the England vs Scotland game.

So, yes. You're probably right.

Online Damo70

« Reply #3325 on: November 15, 2019, 05:17:24 PM »

Not if Scotland qualify. Then there would be a draw to decide which team hosted the England vs Scotland game.

Play it in Scotland in case they break our goalposts again.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3326 on: November 15, 2019, 05:24:24 PM »

The draw you describe would have been the case had Scotland qualified via the Euro qualifying group. As their only chance to qualify now is via the Nations League play offs then in the event that they qualify, England would get priority for qualifying via the Euro qualifying group.

Therefore England would get 3 home games and Scotland 2. Wembley would host England v Scotland.

I hope Scotland do qualify as Iíd much rather see England v Scotland than England v Slovakia / Israel / Poland etc.

Online Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #3327 on: November 15, 2019, 05:59:32 PM »
Wow, so despite being absolute shite during qualifying, Scotland could still sneak through and get 2 home games and the opportunity to humiliate their bitter rivals in a major tournament.

Chance of this happening = zero.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #3328 on: November 15, 2019, 07:36:00 PM »

The draw you describe would have been the case had Scotland qualified via the Euro qualifying group. As their only chance to qualify now is via the Nations League play offs then in the event that they qualify, England would get priority for qualifying via the Euro qualifying group.

Therefore England would get 3 home games and Scotland 2. Wembley would host England v Scotland.

I hope Scotland do qualify as Iíd much rather see England v Scotland than England v Slovakia / Israel / Poland etc.

Fair enough. I'm sure that's changed, there was some talk I read before of a subsequent draw after the playoffs to decide who was at home. Not that it matters as we will just get battered in the playoffs.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #3329 on: November 16, 2019, 10:45:43 AM »
Both Irelands and Wales guaranteed a minimum playoff spot.

Northern Ireland probably need to beat Holland at home and Germany away to have any chance of automatic qualification so not very likely.

Ireland qualify automatically if they beat Denmark in Dublin, barring the unlikely scenario that Switzerland draw with Gibraltar, in which case Ireland would need to beat the Danes by at least two.

Wales will qualify, without needing to rely on playoffs, if they win both their remaining games so long as Slovakia don't win both of theirs. Wales have a trip to Azerbaijan followed by a home game with Hungary. Slovakia have Croatia away and Azerbaijan at home.