collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Dalian Atkinson by AV82EC
[Today at 09:07:10 AM]

Re: Dalian Atkinson by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 09:00:50 AM]

Re: Anyone starting to get worried? by Luke8
[Today at 08:48:19 AM]

Re: VAR by brian green
[Today at 08:42:34 AM]

Re: Kortney Hause - here for good by Luke8
[Today at 08:38:01 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by chrisw1
[Today at 08:37:29 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by Luke8
[Today at 08:30:20 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by kieron
[Today at 08:11:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2019/20  (Read 155394 times)

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 14.08.2020
Re: Other Games - 2019/20
« Reply #2640 on: October 15, 2019, 08:38:08 AM »
That's interesting for me Paul, as I work with a racist c***. I've actually written down some of the things he's said in case I need it.

The trouble is, I work for a very small company, and the owners have known him for 20 years. They never see this side of him, but I can guarantee it would be me losing my job if I even dared to bring this up. They'd see it as me troublemaking and for them, it would be quite easy to just let me go.

He's the most vile, loathsome piece of shit I've ever worked with.

It’s difficult within a small business.  It might be worth having a frank conversation with the owners and express your concern that they are leaving themselves open by allowing certain things to take place.

Avoid saying things which can be made to seem like its just a personality clash, keep it calm and reasonable.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #2641 on: October 15, 2019, 09:45:18 AM »
Sod data protection, record the b*****d's rants.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 22.04.2020
« Reply #2642 on: October 15, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »
Couple of reflections on last night.
Gareth Southgate said players at HT decided to continue as "we were playing well". Whilst I totally admire the actions of England team last night that appears to be a bit of a compromise. Racist chants continued in the second half despite black hoods having left. A really formidable message  would have been to walk off leading 4 or 5 nil clearly stating that we don't care about the result as there is a much more important issue here to be fixed.

Hopefully seeing those Neanderthals delivering abuse and nazi salutes will have some impact at home.  There are pockets of racists and racist comments around at almost all football grounds. Surely it should make them ashamed of their actions watching those despicable thugs?

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #2643 on: October 15, 2019, 10:03:30 AM »
I see North Korea are playing South Korea now. Two countries still, technically, at war. And yet UEFA lets Spain get away with refusing to play Gibraltar, and the ICC don't force India to play Pakistan. Bunch of twats.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 31.01.2020
« Reply #2644 on: October 15, 2019, 06:35:55 PM »
On a timeline from the fall of the Berlin Wall, the old Soviet Bloc are now the same distance away as 1970s Britain was from the end of the Second World War.  The 1970s Britain of racist primetime TV and huge growth in support for the National Front.

Perhaps Bulgaria is one of those societal developmental phases that all countries go through. Decade 1 rebuilds, Decade 2 enjoys the fruits of rebuilding and freedom, Decade 3 an underclass looks to blame others for being left behind in Decade 2.

Offline spk

« Reply #2645 on: October 15, 2019, 06:49:59 PM »
 Yes,they are where we were in the 70's.I am sure it will get better.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 28.06.2019
« Reply #2646 on: October 15, 2019, 10:43:12 PM »
Hourihane an unused sub for a very average Irish side tonight. By all accounts he was utterly anonymous away to Georgia at the weekend and paid the price for it.

Somewhat Villa related , James Collins started up front again, not the ginger one, but seemed miles out of his depth to be honest. Scott Hogan actually did ok when he came on up front. Robinson and Derrick Williams were unused subs. 36 yr old Glenn Whelan still one of our better players which says a lot.

The Irish team has been on a downward spiral for some time unfortunately. Seemed post Euro 2016 we had a decent young team to look forward to. But for many reasons, some injury related, likes of Clark, Hendrick, McCarthy, Brady and Long have never kicked on since at club level.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:58:27 PM by brontebilly »

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
« Reply #2647 on: October 15, 2019, 10:49:41 PM »
Ireland have only scored six goals from seven games despite having played Georgia and Gibraltar twice each. Who would have thought three forwards who weren't good enough for Villa would be less than prolific?

Luckily they have one of the best defensive records in the whole competition. I think they'll draw with Denmark and have to settle for a playoff place.

I think they'd avoid Scotland as UEFA want to keep host teams apart in the playoffs, but could face Norn Iron, which would be interesting. Maybe Wales, too. Though I think they'll still qualify automatically.

Elsewhere, Finland beat Armenia and now need only to defeat Liechtenstein to become the 307th European team to have qualified more recently for a tournament than Scotland. Well done them.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 10:54:21 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2648 on: October 16, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »
Bulgarian police have arrested a few

Offline itbrvilla

« Reply #2649 on: October 16, 2019, 04:35:52 PM »

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #2650 on: October 17, 2019, 10:20:09 AM »
On a timeline from the fall of the Berlin Wall, the old Soviet Bloc are now the same distance away as 1970s Britain was from the end of the Second World War.  The 1970s Britain of racist primetime TV and huge growth in support for the National Front.

Perhaps Bulgaria is one of those societal developmental phases that all countries go through. Decade 1 rebuilds, Decade 2 enjoys the fruits of rebuilding and freedom, Decade 3 an underclass looks to blame others for being left behind in Decade 2.

As someone who spent 10 years in South East Europe, I think you make a very good point.  That's not to excuse it, it's plainly unacceptable, but we are filtering our opinions through 50+ years of a process of adaptation to immigration during which, at times,  native white British attitudes were every bit as bad if not worse than those exhibited the other night.   Admittedly some of that was probably a result of something of an influx of Asians and West Indians, among others, during the 50s and 60s which some people perhaps saw as an erosion of "British values".  Conversely the adaptation process was probably sped up by the fact  there were Black and Asian people around whom we could, if we chose to,  relate to and get to know as friends, colleagues, business associates, partners etc.   That's not the case in places like Bulgaria where black people are still something of a rarity, novelty and mystery, and where years of indoctrination that black people are somehow "primitive" and lesser still has credence.   Indeed you still see it in areas of the UK where there are few ethnic minorities.  On holiday in Mallorca recently we had a Scotsman asking us why we weren't black when we said we were from Birmingham.  He then proceeded to go on a drunken racist rant about how he couldn't stand to live around "p*k*s" and the like.  A wonderfully enlightening experience.   

Bulgaria and other countries need to go through that process too, and perhaps we shouldn't be too holier than thou about it while they try to address it.  That's if they can bring themselves to admit there is a problem in the first place, which remains to be seen, and is the first step in any education process.  Some proper punishment by UEFA might help to ram the point home.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2651 on: October 17, 2019, 06:05:39 PM »
One club will receive a bye to round two of the FA Cup when the first-round draw is made, following Bury's removal from the competition.

The Shakers were expelled from the English Football League - and subsequently the cup - in August.

The 47 remaining League One and League Two clubs will join 32 non-league outfits in the first round in November.

The club that receives the bye will also be awarded the £36,000 prize money for a first-round winner.

The final club left in the pot during the draw will receive the bye.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 12.02.2020
« Reply #2652 on: October 18, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »
Watching Cardiff v Sheff Wed. My goodness, to think Warnock’s band of shithouses were in the PL last season.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

« Reply #2653 on: October 18, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
Yes, it's all Wednesday playing the football.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 27.01.2019
« Reply #2654 on: October 18, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »
1-1 now. I can't understand why Warnock's still employed though.