collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets 2019/20  (Read 170599 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Season Tickets 2019/20
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2019, 11:24:21 AM »
I presume that will be for the Upper Trinity but £50 is way too much.

Well when you see cat A games at £50 for adult is one thing but no concessions for oap's, under 18's and 14's, its really disappointing from a family club point off view

I've just said as much on Twitter. I know there are other areas of the ground to sit but £50 for OAP, Under 14's etc is wrong.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #601 on: July 19, 2019, 11:25:55 AM »
Quick question. I normally do about 10-12 games on average a season. With the season tickets selling out do people think its is it best for me to get a claret membership to get a chance of tickets and is it only one ticket per membership as previously I've bought for two mates who come up from London for the occasional game.

In hindsight this isn't a quick question bit quite longwinded. An advise gratefully received 👍

Simple answer, yes particularly if you want a ticket for any of the big 6 (small bit of sick in mouth) or Wolvesalona.

and the other answer is you do need a membership for each individual. Years ago i would buy my daughters and dads on my number as not worried about building ups loyalty but you can't do that any longer

Offline KRS

« Reply #602 on: July 19, 2019, 11:27:18 AM »
I would say claret membership is pretty much essential now but with those ticket bandings they may well have priced out a lot of fans or certainly restricted how many games ppl can afford to go to. As an example, if you can only get to 4 games per season then you’re looking at approx £60 per person per game plus any travel and refreshments...that’s an expensive day out whichever way you look at it, so pick your games wisely.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #603 on: July 19, 2019, 11:27:45 AM »
It's 50 quid for Cat A.

Drop off to 36 quid for Cat B games which isn't "too bad".

For any Cat C game (I'm guessing Watford in midweek in January) 33 quid is top price anywhere in the stadium which in these times is pretty good value.

In all the info on Bournemouth I'm presuming that's a Cat B game as will be Everton and West Ham. Guessing Burnley will be Cat C.

Cat A will be just against top 6 I guess, Wolves and maybe Newcastle given the noise that will surround that fixture so club been from their POV pretty clever in making sure area where there won't be as many season tickets (upper trinity) is created as overflow area for all those who buy on match to match and want to watch those games.

40 quid would've been fairer but it's the way it's done now I'm afraid even with clubs not needing the gate reciepts as much. If the demand is there as it certainly is this summer, clubs will charge top price.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #604 on: July 19, 2019, 11:27:56 AM »
£50 for category A in the upper Trinity is obscene.

The £36 one seems about par for the course.

Offline KRS

« Reply #605 on: July 19, 2019, 11:33:07 AM »
Yep all depends on which games are Cat A. If most games are Cat B then prices are only a few quid on top of last season. Bournemouth is confirmed as Cat B prices in ticket office.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #606 on: July 19, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
They'll be 7 Cat A games I'm guessing. Would look silly for club to announce Newcastle as one and then Steve Bruce gets sacked first week of October, then it will just go back to being a clash between two bottom half teams. If he stays that could be one.

Ultimately the club will say they're spending the TV money on creating an exciting team and the inflated wage bill that comes with 100m + spending. You don't just get a cheque for 200m day after play off final so owners will be chipping in aswell.

The one rule at premier league is if there's big demand, fleece the consumer so that's the rules we're now playing with.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #607 on: July 19, 2019, 11:34:44 AM »
Yep all depends on which games are Cat A. If most games are Cat B then prices are only a few quid on top of last season. Bournemouth is confirmed as Cat B prices in ticket office.

That's probably just because it's the first game of the season. Bournemouth would probably be Cat C in mid-season

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #608 on: July 19, 2019, 11:36:41 AM »
£50 for category A in the upper Trinity is obscene.

It's always surprised me that someone sitting at the back of UTR A4 pays more than me nine rows back in LTR C4

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #609 on: July 19, 2019, 11:38:34 AM »
I won't be paying 50 notes, the Cat A games are the ones I'm not too bothered about attending, fuckin' half and halfers, gloryhunters and Brummie Reds wherever you look.

This is precisely why I was torn about promotion, £20 to sit in a ground full of Villa fans or £50 to sit in a ground half full of "football" fans.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2019, 11:59:57 AM »
I won't be paying 50 notes, the Cat A games are the ones I'm not too bothered about attending, fuckin' half and halfers, gloryhunters and Brummie Reds wherever you look.

This is precisely why I was torn about promotion, £20 to sit in a ground full of Villa fans or £50 to sit in a ground half full of "football" fans.

Yes, I remember ten years ago when I got the first season tickets for my son and I we bought half season tickets in the November that were a lot cheaper if you chose not to include three or four category A games which didn't bother me at all. Like Nev says, twattish glory hunters and also the likelihood of defeat.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:01:33 PM by Damo70 »

Offline Villa75

« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2019, 12:17:24 PM »
Also, for those of us without a season ticket, don't forget the 50p online booking fee. 😂

All those 50p's come in handy for the club, when they're struggling in the Premier League. 😂😂

Offline villabear

« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2019, 12:18:35 PM »
Quick question. I normally do about 10-12 games on average a season. With the season tickets selling out do people think its is it best for me to get a claret membership to get a chance of tickets and is it only one ticket per membership as previously I've bought for two mates who come up from London for the occasional game.

In hindsight this isn't a quick question bit quite longwinded. An advise gratefully received 👍

Simple answer, yes particularly if you want a ticket for any of the big 6 (small bit of sick in mouth) or Wolvesalona.

and the other answer is you do need a membership for each individual. Years ago i would buy my daughters and dads on my number as not worried about building ups loyalty but you can't do that any longer

Cheers for that. Looks like I won't be doing many games then this season then with limited tickets available. Pointless my mates buying a membership to be able to only buy the few games they can get to.

I used to buy the odd ticket if I was going on my own via Seatwave but since they were scrapped the club never announced a replacement secondary ticket partner. I always thought it was a good idea for the season ticket holder to be able to sell their ticket if they couldn't attend and tickets were normally reasonably priced sometimes cheaper that purchasing direct from the club.

And £50 without concessions for a cat A games is piss poor from the club.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2019, 12:23:29 PM »
I've just bought a claret membership. Mainly so I can get a ticket for the home match with Wolves. That's the one I'm most looking forward to this season. Should be a great atmosphere.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2019, 12:40:29 PM »
Also, for those of us without a season ticket, don't forget the 50p online booking fee. 😂

All those 50p's come in handy for the club, when they're struggling in the Premier League. 😂😂

And the £1 postage

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal