collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season Tickets 2019/20  (Read 169330 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Season Tickets 2019/20
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »
It's not about not thinking too big, it's about not getting ahead of ourselves. I'd love us to think bloody massive, starting with the football. Chuck shedloads of money at that first, make progress on the field, that's the biggest single thing that'll bring the crowds in. Everything follows from there. There's nothing Doug Ellis about that whatsoever.

The crowds are being brought in with record ST sales, and it will be the best part of at least a year before it happens so the club has the opportunity to asses demand etc.

That's great, I'm not in the market for a season ticket so didn't know they were in record demand. Hopefully this is the start of something big then, on and off the field.

There is record demand and daft demand. We have sold ST's out and have thousands on a waiting list. Finish even mid table and you have a compelling argument to ramp up capacity.

Call it the Wolves factor. They are that excited now that AT LEAST, 15 people might turn up....

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2019, 10:26:53 AM »
It's not about not thinking too big, it's about not getting ahead of ourselves. I'd love us to think bloody massive, starting with the football. Chuck shedloads of money at that first, make progress on the field, that's the biggest single thing that'll bring the crowds in. Everything follows from there. There's nothing Doug Ellis about that whatsoever.

The crowds are being brought in with record ST sales, and it will be the best part of at least a year before it happens so the club has the opportunity to asses demand etc.

That's great, I'm not in the market for a season ticket so didn't know they were in record demand. Hopefully this is the start of something big then, on and off the field.

There is record demand and daft demand. We have sold ST's out and have thousands on a waiting list. Finish even mid table and you have a compelling argument to ramp up capacity.

Call it the Wolves factor. They are that excited now that AT LEAST, 15 people might turn up....

Now that IS daft. 15? You'll be telling me next that they're going to take the hazard tape down and reopen that condemned stand behind the goal...

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #392 on: June 24, 2019, 11:15:33 AM »

Now that IS daft. 15? You'll be telling me next that they're going to take the hazard tape down and reopen that condemned stand behind the goal...
I thought that Black and Yellow hazard tape was celebratory bunting.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #393 on: June 24, 2019, 11:23:11 AM »

I thought that Black and Yellow hazard tape was celebratory bunting.
Careful if you go to the friendly at Shrewsbury. Bunting has a very different meaning to us rural folk!
(No sheep were harmed in the writing of this comment).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:25:48 AM by Border villan »

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #394 on: June 24, 2019, 01:32:04 PM »

Unless i've totally misread things, we don't have 30,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list. We have set a 30k limit on them and some folks are currently on a waiting list for one of those.

Fast forward a year or two and if we're piddling about in the lower reaches of the PL or even midtable and you can bet your arse they wont all still be there. And if we are showing some form towards the top six we still wouldn't shift more than 35k season tickets IMHO

I just don't know why people think we would. Absolutely nothing has shown that in recent history (four decades or so)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:45:13 PM by sirlordbaltimore »

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #395 on: June 24, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »
From my reading of it, after this Friday, final renewal day, we'll have 30,000 and a waiting list, unless unlike the current trend there's thousands still to renew who are thinking, "nah, sod this".

Offline bjfoster

« Reply #396 on: June 24, 2019, 03:21:20 PM »
I don't understand the clamour to extend the ground. I get that the North Stand needs redeveloping but until we have around 10k people on a waiting list or have 3 seasons with consistent sell-outs I don't seen the need for it.

Regarding relocation day, are we expecting an update soon on how it will work logistically? i.e. will we be able to do it online?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #397 on: June 24, 2019, 03:38:32 PM »

Unless i've totally misread things, we don't have 30,000 season ticket holders and a waiting list. We have set a 30k limit on them and some folks are currently on a waiting list for one of those.

Fast forward a year or two and if we're piddling about in the lower reaches of the PL or even midtable and you can bet your arse they wont all still be there. And if we are showing some form towards the top six we still wouldn't shift more than 35k season tickets IMHO

I just don't know why people think we would. Absolutely nothing has shown that in recent history (four decades or so)
The club put the brakes on ST sales because at the current rate if existing ST holders take up the renewal we will hit the 30k mark leaving only 8k on general sale matchdays. This has created a situation where there is a waiting list over and above the capped limit of 30k. Then we have the Claret club membership so i think its safe to assume our avetage next season will hover around the 40k mark.I get your cautious view but i don't share it. There is genuine optomism about the place that i haven't known for years. Lets just go for it and see where it takes us. I'm in the camp of extending the stadium. We have wealthy owners who have stated publicly that they want to make us one of the top clubs in the world! Who knows? I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #398 on: June 24, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Why 3 seasons? Why not 5? 2? 10?

Last season there was 16,000 match day tickets available for home support  per game and as has been the case in every season before, no fundamental need for a season ticket, as supply exists in good quantities.

Now there are 8,000, including players tickets, Lion Clubs, competition winners and the like. Less than 150,000 available match tickets over the season as opposed to 304,000.

That hugely increases the need for a season ticket, increases demand that for the first time perhaps ever, Villa Park will not meet.

What would any big company do with their product? Twiddle their thumbs and see how it goes apparently, while making sure there's only 2 children in the shop at any given time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:12:48 PM by Ads »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #399 on: June 24, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »
Why 3 seasons? Why not 5? 2? 10?

Last season there was 16,000 match day tickets available for home support  per game and as has been the case in every season before, no fundamental need for a season ticket, as supply exists in good quantities.

Now there are 8,000, including players tickets, Lion Clubs, competition winners and the like. Less than 150,000 available match tickets over the season as opposed to 304,000.

That hugely increases the need for a season ticket, increases demand that for the first time perhaps ever, Villa Park will not meet.

What would any big company do with their product? Twiddle their thumbs and see how it goes apparently, while making sure there's only 2 children in the shop at any given time.

You're talking about one season though.

If next year doesn't go to plan, Deano gets the boot by Christmas, and we bring in Pulis (or someone "sexier" playing similar football) how many season tickets do you think we'll sell the following season?

30,000 people in a 42,000 capacity VP looks depressing - 30,000 in a 50 or 60,000 capacity VP would be soul-destroying.  If it costs £100m to build those extra seats that'll be £100m we can't spend on improving the squad.

As others have said, let's get the squad sorted first and the ground improvements can follow.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #400 on: June 24, 2019, 05:09:01 PM »
Pretty sure the North holds just over 7k, it shouldn't be too difficult to build a new stand there that could hold say 13k (same as the Holte but with boxes and corporate included in that capacity) taking us to approx 48k. And if we're still selling out then look at Witton Lane if a further increase is needed, which will probably take a long time to sort anyway with the road and houses.

I just don't see the point in spending a shitload load of money to add just a couple of K, and then find it's still not enough. Either do the North properly or leave it as it is (capacity wise).

Good luck in almost doubling capacity with the land we have available, bearing in mind that you'll need more car parking and room for improved shop facilities.

I'd argue the current layout of the area behind the North Stand is relatively inefficient, both with the layout of the car park, and the position of the academy building, ticket office and shop.

Filling in the corners would easily add another 1,000 seats. The quality of any upgrade to the North Stand is probably more important than any increase in capacity as well. Bring the stadium up to around 45k.

Big challenge then in revamping Witton Lane to then bring the capacity up further, depending on land constraints with the road and land on the other side.

Offline Ads

« Reply #401 on: June 24, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »
And what's the worst that can happen? We're left with a ground we fill a few times a year and make extra money out of.

Or, we actually back ourselves and act like what we are.; comfortably the biggest club in one of the largest population centres in Europe. Infrastructure is exempt from FFP, so it wouldn't come at a cost of buying exciting players, like £22m Brazlian strikers.

Given Purslow identified Smith for his style, if he fails, we will look for somebody who plays the game in an attractive manner.

We're a big club. What I find embarrassing is not some empty seats. Its looking at the mess that is the North. A converted shallow lower tier, an upper tier that is too narrow to fill the end, with a ridiculous goal post design.

Endless comments about how utterly shit the Upper Witton in particular is as an away end. Cramped and dingy.

That's not what Villa Park is and it's not what we should be about. Strike now and seek to redevelop at the first available opportunity. The support is there. They're queuing up.

Too much Ellis style thinking.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:12:32 PM by Ads »

Offline Ads

« Reply #402 on: June 24, 2019, 05:17:19 PM »
To add and repeat what PWS said; its utterly pointless to add 3000 seats. A redeveloped North, with the corners filled would add 8,000-10,000 onto the gate. It would include corporate boxes and dramtically increase commercial revenue, match day and season ticket sales, the aesthetics  the atmosphere would be better and more intimidating too.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #403 on: June 24, 2019, 05:19:49 PM »
Pretty sure the North holds just over 7k, it shouldn't be too difficult to build a new stand there that could hold say 13k (same as the Holte but with boxes and corporate included in that capacity) taking us to approx 48k. And if we're still selling out then look at Witton Lane if a further increase is needed, which will probably take a long time to sort anyway with the road and houses.

I just don't see the point in spending a shitload load of money to add just a couple of K, and then find it's still not enough. Either do the North properly or leave it as it is (capacity wise).

Good luck in almost doubling capacity with the land we have available, bearing in mind that you'll need more car parking and room for improved shop facilities.

I'd argue the current layout of the area behind the North Stand is relatively inefficient, both with the layout of the car park, and the position of the academy building, ticket office and shop.

Filling in the corners would easily add another 1,000 seats. The quality of any upgrade to the North Stand is probably more important than any increase in capacity as well. Bring the stadium up to around 45k.

Big challenge then in revamping Witton Lane to then bring the capacity up further, depending on land constraints with the road and land on the other side.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2019, 05:21:21 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry, North Stand end only

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal