collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Superstitions for tomorrow  (Read 3932 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Superstitions for tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2019, 08:53:06 AM »
I think I am wearing exactly the same outfit as the Albion game. Plus I got a Villa mug for Xmas which I consciously stopped using on match day at the start of the 10 game run.

Online villabear

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2019, 09:08:29 AM »
Do I go for my Spinksy, Birchy & Alan McInally T shirt which I wore last year (I love it but bought no luck last year) or my new Claret Lyle & Scott polo shirt?

Does it matter what I wear? Cmon someone decide for me please?

No one answered so it’s the new polo. Hopefully good luck. 🤞

Offline KRS

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »
You made the right decision villabear! 👍

Online villabear

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2019, 09:18:34 AM »
You made the right decision villabear! 👍

Cheers KRS 👍

🤞🤞🤞🤞

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2019, 09:26:05 AM »
I have been wearing exactly the same clothes (washed) since we beat Derby at Villa Park, and started the run that brought us here. I made sure straight away that I noted everything - this goes right to underwear, belt, jewellery & socks (especially socks!).

I watched the Rotherham game at home with the whole outfit on but at half time I realised I wasn’t wearing the right socks - I went and changed them and within 5 minutes we were winning!

The top I wore to the Derby game is now too warm, but I wear it tied around my waist so that it is ‘present’ & that has been enough so far. I will put it on if I need to no matter how hot it is! Even my woolly hat is in my bag - it needs to be here even if it doesn’t get worn.
This is like Top Cat used to be when we had season tickets. It also used to extend to our half time chocolate. Once we lost we had to change what we ate. We used to spend more time in the chocolate aisle at Tesco than doing the whole of the rest of the shop.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »
I posted this picture of our Villa supporting Acer tree on Facebook before we got through against Albion. So here it is again:

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »
I have been wearing exactly the same clothes (washed) since we beat Derby at Villa Park, and started the run that brought us here. I made sure straight away that I noted everything - this goes right to underwear, belt, jewellery & socks (especially socks!).

I watched the Rotherham game at home with the whole outfit on but at half time I realised I wasn’t wearing the right socks - I went and changed them and within 5 minutes we were winning!

The top I wore to the Derby game is now too warm, but I wear it tied around my waist so that it is ‘present’ & that has been enough so far. I will put it on if I need to no matter how hot it is! Even my woolly hat is in my bag - it needs to be here even if it doesn’t get worn.

Good work Amfy!

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2019, 11:21:14 AM »
I'm not going. This means we'll win, because I've been to Wembley four times with Villa and Walsall, and I've yet to see either of those sides even score a goal in said games. The fact that I couldn't get a ticket is incidental - had I fit the criteria I'm still not that sure I could have coped with the possibility I might jinx us.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2019, 11:24:07 AM »
Oh, when me and the missus got married on Easter Saturday, she bought me a pair of Villa socks to wear as a sop to the fact I didn't wear a claret or blue cravat. So I wore them for the home Baggies game, and then as extra time wore on at the Yawnthorns I pulled them on over the socks I had been wearing all day. Presto, we win on penalties.

If we win today, I'm putting those socks at the back of the wardrobe and only pulling them out on very desperate occasions, for their power may be beyond control.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »
Do I go for my Spinksy, Birchy & Alan McInally T shirt which I wore last year (I love it but bought no luck last year) or my new Claret Lyle & Scott polo shirt?

Does it matter what I wear? Cmon someone decide for me please?

No one answered so it’s the new polo. Hopefully good luck. 🤞

It's not that no-one wanted to answer, more that we're not prepared to accept responsibility.

I've taken no chances. Shirt had tag removed, socks and pants fresh out of packets, trainers have never been this far south. Unsure about the jeans...

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »
Wearing the same green button down collar shirt I wore to Wembley when we beat ManU in the League Cup.

Not sure if it will help, but who said following the World's Greatest Football Club was a logical pastime.

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »
I wore my Villa top with God’s name on the back. I’ve wore that for every game since we started that winning run. I also had my double decker at half time. Worked a treat up the villa.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
I like to dress up as Stevie Wonder whilst driving.

Offline KRS

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
Whatever we all did...it worked. Well done everyone! :)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 04:06:11 PM »
Seems it isn't just fans who have silly superstitions. Did you see the state of the boots Grealish was wearing? 😂

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal