collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Superstitions for tomorrow  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Superstitions for tomorrow
« on: May 26, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »
Seeing how it went last year, are people doing things differently this time around? Same pre-match routine, or will you be mixing it up a bit, just to be on the safe side?

My reason for asking is, I can't decide what to wear. I don't normally wear a Villa shirt to a game, the last time I did was the final last year. But I've got the new shirt, fkn love it, and I really want to wear it. Last year, I wore my 89/90 shirt, so it wasn't current. Would wearing a contemporary one, as opposed to classic, alleviate any possible curse?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Superstitions for tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 07:25:52 PM »
Shirt doesn't matter. Vital thing is to swap seats at half time if we are losing. Think I forgot to do this last year. It's all my fault.

Plus avoid saying anything that could tempt fate and definitely don't start a thread on here called "Promotion", FFS.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »
Instead of my usual Villa track top , I wore a blue woolly sweater to the first game of our winning streak. I said after I'd wear it till we lost. I'm not counting Norwich, because there was nothing on that, and Albion away we won the tie, and it got us through the pens. For the latter I had to fully invoke its power by pulling it over my head and watching the pens in a blurry way through the material.

However hot it is tomorrow , I'll be the one in the blue wooly jumper.

Oh and we have curry and chips before the game. Already been on the web to make sure I've sourced a suitable chippy .
And we don't buy a programme.
And we go through the second turnstile from the left.
And I shake the stewards hand on the way to my seat - obviously this may cause a surprise at Wembley but I'm going to do it anyway.
And when the teams come out I clap three times for the opposition , done this since I was 9 and my dad said you have to be sporting. But only three !!

Shit , I think ~I'm turning into Tommy Elphick !

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »
A Blose fan gave me a brand new pair of socks on Wednesday as he refuses to wear them because they are claret with blue spots. Not sure whether to wear them or not 🤔

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »
My superstition is that whenever I see us score more goals than the opposition we win. Gonna try it tomorrow.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
So far in the play off's, the club who has finished higher in that division has won the game.  Can we beat Derby for a third time this season? Fuck, I'm shitting it!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
I am thinking of rolling up my sleeves and putting my boots on instead of putting my boots on and rolling up my sleeves.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 09:32:29 PM »
I've changed my route (getting train at Rugby instead of driving down to Stanmore), and my shirt (1982 claret and blue as opposed to Acorns last year) and will play "Heroes" non-stop on the journey to the station. This tactical switch could be a master stroke.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »
I am deliberating whether to wear the same shirt as last year (1980 home shirt).
To break the hoodoo I will take 2 wallets , one for the Wembley tickets and my normal one for all the usual gubbins. I remember checking my wallet loads of times last year to make sure the tickets were still in there !

Offline KRS

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 10:47:48 PM »
Ditching my claret hoody and Fred Perry polo that I’ve worn on last two Wembley visits, and my 1980 home Umbro that I bought a few months ago will be getting its debut. Just removed the tags ready for its first ever outing...it’s been waiting for this day so hope it brings us luck! 😊👍

Offline KRS

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2019, 10:51:14 PM »
I remember checking my wallet loads of times last year to make sure the tickets were still in there !
Transporting these Wembley tickets securely to the game is a logistical nightmare! 😱

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2019, 03:54:38 AM »
Ditching my claret hoody and Fred Perry polo that I’ve worn on last two Wembley visits, and my 1980 home Umbro that I bought a few months ago will be getting its debut. Just removed the tags ready for its first ever outing...it’s been waiting for this day so hope it brings us luck! 😊👍
funny you say that. I got the white umbro away one for Christmas. Never worn it yet. Thinking of busting it out tonight!! I am sure it will be lucky.

Offline villabear

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 06:38:44 AM »
Do I go for my Spinksy, Birchy & Alan McInally T shirt which I wore last year (I love it but bought no luck last year) or my new Claret Lyle & Scott polo shirt?

Does it matter what I wear? Cmon someone decide for me please?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2019, 08:34:12 AM »
I have been wearing exactly the same clothes (washed) since we beat Derby at Villa Park, and started the run that brought us here. I made sure straight away that I noted everything - this goes right to underwear, belt, jewellery & socks (especially socks!).

I watched the Rotherham game at home with the whole outfit on but at half time I realised I wasn’t wearing the right socks - I went and changed them and within 5 minutes we were winning!

The top I wore to the Derby game is now too warm, but I wear it tied around my waist so that it is ‘present’ & that has been enough so far. I will put it on if I need to no matter how hot it is! Even my woolly hat is in my bag - it needs to be here even if it doesn’t get worn.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2019, 08:40:05 AM »
I have been wearing exactly the same clothes (washed) since we beat Derby at Villa Park, and started the run that brought us here. I made sure straight away that I noted everything - this goes right to underwear, belt, jewellery & socks (especially socks!).

I watched the Rotherham game at home with the whole outfit on but at half time I realised I wasn’t wearing the right socks - I went and changed them and within 5 minutes we were winning!

The top I wore to the Derby game is now too warm, but I wear it tied around my waist so that it is ‘present’ & that has been enough so far. I will put it on if I need to no matter how hot it is! Even my woolly hat is in my bag - it needs to be here even if it doesn’t get worn.

Blimey Amfy, you're as bad as me

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal