collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Superstitions for tomorrow  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Superstitions for tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2019, 04:07:58 PM »
My superstition is that whenever I see us score more goals than the opposition we win. Gonna try it tomorrow.

Have to say that worked a treat!

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2019, 04:14:08 PM »
I’m ashamed to say, as a normally non superstitious person, I got caught up in all this. Same routine for the home games on the marvellous run, careful choice of replica shirt (daren’t wear one from Fulham game). Absolutely avoided predictions since March. Trouble is, it all was obviously necessary and it worked.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »
Yesterday my pre/in-game routine looked like this:

On a campsite in Brittany since Friday- checked phone reception OBSESSIVELY from arrival, to monitor signal to make sure I could stream the game: unbroken 4G every time.

Game day - went and got snacks and beers way too early and found myself with 2 hours till KO and waves of nervous tension hitting me.

Went for a beach run to burn off some stress. However, got lost on the way back and overshot the path back to the site by some 3km. Blind panic immediately set in. Got the Mrs to share her live location on WhatsApp. Clock is ticking. Realised after 10 mins or so of laboured running, legs now burning, that the Mrs has mistakenly sent me the location of a nearby village and while I’d assumed I was heading back in a straight line cross-country I was actually moving parallel to our caravan.

Eventually arrived back, a sweaty dishevelled mess, with cramp in both calves, but about 10 mins to KO. However phone had 1% battery due to GPS overuse.

Plugged phone into mains - no power. Neighbours all have power and it later emerges that our caravan is the only one on the row on a different circuit, which had tripped.

In an upturn in my fortunes, the maintenance guy actually sorts the electricity very quickly. Phone on, hotspot broadcasting, game’s only just started. Result. Sky Go buffers for ages. Check phone and signal fluctuates between 1 bar of 3G and Edge. Can only watch game in nightmarish pixelated 20 second bursts. Sprint to reception to buy WiFi token. They apologise, WiFi is broken.

(Today, site WiFi is working and I have perfect 4G back).

Just before the first goal I give in and fall back on talkshite (fucking Holloway), match thread and WhatsApp messages from my mate who is in Crete but who has found a bar showing it.

I don’t know which bit sealed the deal and not confident I’ll be able to recapture that chain of events ahead of our next big game at Wembley, but I certainly feel it will by my duty to try.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 04:56:51 PM »
My superstition is that whenever I see us score more goals than the opposition we win. Gonna try it tomorrow.

Have to say that worked a treat!

It was touch and go whether I was going to see us score more than them when the lady next to me sent my glasses flying when El Ghazi scored.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal