collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kappa new Principal Partner  (Read 213928 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Kappa new Principal Partner
« Reply #780 on: August 13, 2019, 02:43:30 PM »
Quality is appalling

Online Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #781 on: August 13, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »
I know Luke is a Villa fan and all that but there must be a part of him that is laughing at Kappa.

His stuff for Kidderminster Harriers is pretty good this year, the only thing I don't like is he has copied the back of the shirts from Nike's Vapor template. Puma have done that this season too.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #782 on: August 13, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »
It's a real shame if the only reason Luke was dropped was because of the supply issue.  Surely that's teething problems which could easily have been ironed out this year?

It was down to money. Purslow wanted 3 times the amount Luke could afford to pay for this season.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #783 on: August 13, 2019, 08:35:09 PM »
I know Luke is a Villa fan and all that but there must be a part of him that is laughing at Kappa.

His stuff for Kidderminster Harriers is pretty good this year, the only thing I don't like is he has copied the back of the shirts from Nike's Vapor template. Puma have done that this season too.

He’s not laughing he’s fuming, especially with Purslow. It was all about money with him. He reckons he’s gonna make it his life’s ambition to get the Villa kit again.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #784 on: August 13, 2019, 08:36:37 PM »
"All about money with him". Like every kit deal on the planet, then?

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #785 on: August 13, 2019, 08:57:16 PM »
Would love Luke back, but I guess there's no chance.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #786 on: August 13, 2019, 09:27:39 PM »
When the kits were released a few weeks ago I loved the look of the away kit and was thinking of getting one. I saw a few people wearing them on Saturday and as Russo has said, the white stripes on the front look cheap and there is a look of low quality about them.

I think the home kit looked better at Charlton without the sponsor logo too.

Online Smirker

« Reply #787 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:57 PM »

He’s not laughing he’s fuming, especially with Purslow. It was all about money with him. He reckons he’s gonna make it his life’s ambition to get the Villa kit again.

Where'd you hear that mate?

I know it's a way off yet but I was thinking about it and I wanted to post at some point, I've remembered so I may as well do it now. In five years its our 150th year, I think it would be superb if we could have a special, retro style kit based on one of our very early ones for this. Waive sponsorship for that kit, be it for one game or the whole season.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa-change-kits.html

Maybe Luke could do that, as he has earned his opportunity imo.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #788 on: August 13, 2019, 11:01:05 PM »
What is going on at the club shop?  Went a couple of weeks ago with my nephews to get them a kit only for there to be no kids home shorts in stock at all.  Thought I'd leave it a couple of weeks and thought I would look at getting them an away kit each as well.  Got the home shorts in one of their sizes this time and got the away shirts, but no away shorts or socks.  Went to get "Grealish 10" and "McGinn 7" in their shirts, only to be told they had run out of the letter 'G' and the number 7.  To top it all off the staff just seemed a bit unhelpful and couldn't give any answers to when things might be back in stock.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #789 on: August 13, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »

Where'd you hear that mate?

I know it's a way off yet but I was thinking about it and I wanted to post at some point, I've remembered so I may as well do it now. In five years its our 150th year, I think it would be superb if we could have a special, retro style kit based on one of our very early ones for this. Waive sponsorship for that kit, be it for one game or the whole season.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa.htm
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Aston_Villa/Aston_Villa-change-kits.html

Maybe Luke could do that, as he has earned his opportunity imo.

I hated the 2000 thick stripes, but I could live with those thin hoops on the first ever kit shown on the link to commemorate the 150th year.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #790 on: August 13, 2019, 11:09:01 PM »
Those pics of the badge on the away shirt are absolutely fucking shocking.

Online Smirker

« Reply #791 on: August 14, 2019, 12:14:11 AM »
What is going on at the club shop?  Went a couple of weeks ago with my nephews to get them a kit only for there to be no kids home shorts in stock at all.  Thought I'd leave it a couple of weeks and thought I would look at getting them an away kit each as well.  Got the home shorts in one of their sizes this time and got the away shirts, but no away shorts or socks.  Went to get "Grealish 10" and "McGinn 7" in their shirts, only to be told they had run out of the letter 'G' and the number 7.  To top it all off the staff just seemed a bit unhelpful and couldn't give any answers to when things might be back in stock.

Makes me sad to read stuff like this and it seems to be a constant problem.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #792 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:48 AM »
Played 5 aside in my new [now free] away shirt tonight.  Mate of mine asked if I bought it from a Turkish market.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #793 on: August 14, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »

For all the brilliant things happening at our great club, you’d think from a retail point of view they’d be expecting the shop to be rammed full of all products for the first home game when they have the biggest sales opportunity.
I’m not sure how much input/clout the kitbag/fanatics /kappa have in the shop running, but it does seem to have gone down in operational standards the last few years.
With all the new signage, I wonder if they’ve had second thoughts about knocking down yet seeing the matches sell out and maybe start construction/demolition with north stand and everything behind it at end of season.
How they’d cope with ticket demand / prices until finished I don’t really know but next season could start with a brand new sponsored ADIDAS swanky shop !?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #794 on: August 14, 2019, 09:43:29 AM »
Echoing some of the previous comments, I also visited the club shop a couple of weeks ago to get new shirts for the kids only to find very limited choice of available sizes, no away kits whatsoever and they’d ran out of the letter G for the name printing (which meant that it wasn’t possible to get the name of any of our 3 most popular players).

Really amateurish and very frustrating. God knows how much revenue the club is missing out on by being unable to service customers who are trying to give them their money.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 09:45:51 AM by Marlon From Bearwood »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal