collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wembley Tickets  (Read 89325 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Wembley Tickets
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »
As amfy says the middle tier is Club Wembley I assume but for £100 no thanks.

I was on the site by 5.10 yesterday and the only choice was there, the family bit in the lower or a fair few in the upper. I had to assume therefore that the rest of the lower was completely sold out with no blocks available then or at a later stage.

The lower sold out (apart from the family bit) within about the first hour of selling to season ticket holders! Many hung on in the belief that some blocks were being held back (including me) but they have not re-appeared & the ticket office advised me on Wednesday that they were sold. Sold to the first season ticket holders who got through cannot be argued with.

The problem has been a lack of clear communication which has led to people (again including me) thinking they are missing out or being sold short when they aren’t. The phrase ‘unavailable’ rather than ‘sold out’ leaves you wondering - especially as pre-sale info talks about tickets being released in blocks. It could be so much clearer.

Releasing in blocks doesn’t make sense as almost everyone will simply want to get a seat that is like where they choose to be at Villa Park. Shame for me the Wembley L7 is the family section! I also think that unless you are choosing seats at the aisle, they should push sales together to minimise individual seats. Unless you choose an aisle seat there is no reason to leave gaps in a row. I am pretty sure technology can do this and send an appropriate message to advise what is being done. (E.g. ‘You requested seats 154-156 and we are offering 152-154 in order to minimise individual seats left vacant & maximise the number of supporters who are able to sit in their desired groups.’)

Offline KRS

« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2019, 11:36:07 AM »
Yesterday, during the cup final, I randomly logged on to the website after 5pm. Got straight onto the site and bugger me, the whole of blocks 228,229 were available.
I got through the queue and was selecting my seats by 5:20pm yesterday and there were only a handful of seats remaining in those 2 blocks so they must have sold very fast. I could have bought there but to be honest, I also couldn’t justify paying double the price for a seat that was only just a few rows closer to the pitch.

With regards to releasing blocks, I can understand it from a managing ticket sales perspective to maximise seat sold in each block. It’s a simple administrative control that helps the ticket seller but its crap from a supporters perspective buying the tickets (it’s nothing to do with printing as that would be automated individually).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:48:55 AM by KRS »

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2019, 11:38:47 AM »
How do you get hold of club wembleytickets?

I have been to over 3 games but booked on a mates reference.
I will pay £100 if that is an option.

The £98 is only if someone (/you know) owns a club Wembley seat, that they can take up the ticket. I’ve used a contact before to get some for folks but not possible any more.

Those that entered the ballot if you didn’t have that option, *if* they are selected (someone on here was, no idea if true ballot if demand exceeded supply but presume so)  paid £379 which inc the £98 seat and unlimited food and booze.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2019, 11:52:13 AM »
I would have thought they print each ticket as it’s sold, not pre print 36k tickets?
They are generic tickets with event, date and seat number printed on them. They are not specific to any club or person.
They could have been been printed months ago and stored in block order. Then it’s really easy to distribute all the tickets in each block as they are sold, because limited blocks  are all sold at the same time.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2019, 12:07:28 PM »
Derby go on general sale today 2pm (2 tickets per fan id with booking history, not necessarily this season).
They only started selling Friday and one of their categories was to new season ticket holders for 2019/2020.
They only had 2 windows Friday 10am and 2pm today.
Villa fans work hard to get their tickets, fans of other clubs don't but then we do have a large fanbase.
Good luck to all Villa fans with getting tickets. UTV!

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2019, 12:23:29 PM »
It is a crappy way to sell tickets, no doubt about it.
When I tried to buy our 3 tickets at 6:45 pm on Wednesday (after waiting in the q for over an hour) there were NO middle tier tickets available in the side sections, other than 100’s in the family sections that we did not qualify for.
We ended buying in block 528.

Yesterday, during the cup final, I randomly logged on to the website after 5pm. Got straight onto the site and bugger me, the whole of blocks 228,229 were available.

In my opinion, it looks like they deliberately hold back these ‘premium’ seats for later and so in reality, the earlier in the windows you qualify to buy your ticket, the shitter the choice.

I am sure I pointed this out previously to my mates, but there is no way we were going to gamble by leaving buying our tickets until days after they have gone on sale when we can buy them when they first go on sale.

Blocks 228 and 229 are the middle tier (usually Club Wembley but available to normal supporters for the Playoff Finals) on the halfway line. These are the absolute best seats in the Stadium. 

Back in the 90s, at the old Wembley, these were the kind of seats that were available to season ticket holders straight away, but that would be too sensible.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:32:54 PM by dalians umbrella »

Offline KRS

« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2019, 02:01:18 PM »
Blocks 228 and 229 are the middle tier (usually Club Wembley but available to normal supporters for the Playoff Finals) on the halfway line. These are the absolute best seats in the Stadium. 
“Best seats” is completely subjective to personal preference to be fair.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2019, 02:16:04 PM »
“Best seats” is completely subjective to personal preference to be fair.

I think that the top price of £98 for them might be an indication that they are indeed the best seats - Or at least the best seats available in the 36,000 allocation that we received.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2019, 02:20:48 PM »
Or they can get away with charging a lot of money for a part of the stadium  with hyped premiumness. Good marketting I say.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2019, 02:26:29 PM »
Or they can get away with charging a lot of money for a part of the stadium  with hyped premiumness. Good marketting I say.

They charge a lot of money for all parts of the stadium - The ones nearest the half way line are the most expensive at Wembley and also at every other ground in the country.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
Regarding the 'Premiumness' of seats. I went straight for block 540 this year, the same as last year and had upper tier for the games in 2010 and 2015.

The view is stunning. I can't believe I've got away with it again at 40 sheets a pop.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
If you want to see the exact view from your seat, this is better than the official Wembley view tool.

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/clients/sports/wembley

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2019, 04:58:37 PM »
Regarding the 'Premiumness' of seats. I went straight for block 540 this year, the same as last year and had upper tier for the games in 2010 and 2015.

The view is stunning. I can't believe I've got away with it again at 40 sheets a pop.

Just looking at the link you posted, and that's pretty much where I'd choose to sit in the Holte, but with the size of Wembley, I doubt I could tell the difference between Tammy and SJM at the other end of the pitch!

I was daft enough to pay more than double that to get in block 228 though.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:07:25 PM by Davkaus »

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
So when do we think it's going to sell out? By about 5:15 tomorrow?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2019, 05:20:41 PM »
Is it at all clear how many tickets are left?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal