collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wembley Tickets  (Read 89399 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Wembley Tickets
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
Seems a bit strange that they've put the family section in the lower tier right behind the goal. This has been where everyone has stood up and the majority of the atmosphere has come from on our previous visits. The gradient of that area means that if people are stood up the kids won't be able to see, it would have been far better suited in the upper tier. Or better still, don't have a family section and just let everyone choose where they want to sit. Almost as bad as Derby having designated singing blocks.

That’s how I lost out on a lower tier ticket - because those were the exact sections I was trying on my phone because we’ve always been in those sections before. Because it was fiddly on my little phone screen, I couldn’t negotiate what was going wrong in time to find anything else in the lower tier! Never mind - will just have to try and raise the roof from just underneath it instead!

I think a lot of people with kids (especially those with season tickets) would just go wherever they fancy anyway. Loads of people have small children with season tickets in The Holte End x they won’t be looking for a specific section. After Wednesday there was a massive highly desirable section of tickets in the lower tier going begging whilst season ticket holders were being sent into the roof! Still - this is a Wembley policy it appears so nothing Villa could do about it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2019, 06:02:37 PM »
Surely the seats will be made available to adults without children at some point? It would be pretty shit if seats were left empty while tens of thousands of Villa (and, for that matter, Derby) fans who wanted to attend were unable to do so.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2019, 06:16:42 PM »
Apparently they have filled up pretty quickly as soon as Villa Cubs became eligible alongside the claret members. Between 5pm & 5.05 it went from extensive availability to hardly any.

At first I had a bit of a ‘not fair’ moment when I thought people with kids will get better seats with less output, but then I thought there is no harm in doing something to look after the next generation of supporters.

The kids in that section will hopefully not be stuck in the middle of stand up/ sit down arguments and will have a great day out.

Offline KRS

« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »
Fair point about the kids amfy as long as they sell out for what they are intended for.

I’ve always had top tier tickets in all my visits to Wembley and never had any complaints about the view of the pitch...but I’m used to watching from the back of the Holte so appreciate others may prefer to be closer to the pitch.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2019, 06:45:45 PM »
All 5+ and 3+ will get a ticket no problem. Won’t go further down.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2019, 06:46:50 PM »
I got ours upstairs in the end, row 4 so we're not quite up in the gods.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2019, 06:52:07 PM »

Ads can you confirm if that is direct from club or (near to my) judgement ?

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2019, 07:39:54 PM »
How do you know that ?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:55 PM »
I’m a long standing ST holder but had to wait an extra day until my kid became eligible through the Villa Cub scheme, bit surprised that at 3 o’clock there were plenty of seats together in the family section and at 5.05 when I go to the head of the queue, there were none available at all together. Which appears daft as the criteria was that any adult had to be accompanying a child, who wouldn’t be able to sit with them.

Other than that it was painless and quick, despite me having to buy in the upper tier which I didn’t want.

If you don’t know your log in details I’d request a reminder now, I asked via the website yesterday and still havent had a password reset link come through. I did it via my customer  ref number in the end.

How did it work through your ref number instead of log in details?

I am interested as I have saved my details on my work laptop and it automatically gets me in when I use it. But if I try on my phone or ipad I fail. I have requested a new password reset a couple of times this season (caused me a big panic before last May at Wembley) and the link has never arrived. Basically I am relying on my work laptop.

Cheers for your help Jason.

Hello mate, hope you and yours are well.

I still haven’t had my ‘forgot password’ link through after 2 days, I have however had my notification of booking through to that same email address which makes me think that they have me down as my customer ref number but my email addy is another section of my profile and so it’s not syncing.

I think I went into the normal www.avfc.co.uk site using my customer ref as my email addy\username and then navigated through to the ticket sales section.

Hope that makes some sense?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
How do you know that ?

Unscientific but last year, everyone I know who wanted to go, did so.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2019, 12:01:45 AM »
Helped by a bigger allocation and smaller average attendances.

Offline St AustellAVFC

Re: Wembley TicketsI’m
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2019, 12:24:09 AM »
I’m holding onto to a little bit of hope that I’ll be able to get some for me the wife and the kids. However, only been to two homes this season so I won’t be overly hopeful, but you just never know.
I’ll be happy watching at home though, the best things about this season is the fact my two girls have got into watching the Villa. We’re planning on running a couple of video calls from our living room to my Mom and also the in-laws which should be fun.
But fuuuuck, I really want to go.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2019, 12:39:34 AM »
I’m a long standing ST holder but had to wait an extra day until my kid became eligible through the Villa Cub scheme, bit surprised that at 3 o’clock there were plenty of seats together in the family section and at 5.05 when I go to the head of the queue, there were none available at all together. Which appears daft as the criteria was that any adult had to be accompanying a child, who wouldn’t be able to sit with them.

Other than that it was painless and quick, despite me having to buy in the upper tier which I didn’t want.

If you don’t know your log in details I’d request a reminder now, I asked via the website yesterday and still havent had a password reset link come through. I did it via my customer  ref number in the end.

I am interested as I have saved my details on my work laptop and it automatically gets me in when I use it. But if I try on my phone or ipad I fail. I have requested a new password reset a couple of times this season (caused me a big panic before last May at Wembley) and the link has never arrived. Basically I am relying on my work laptop.

I still haven’t had my ‘forgot password’ link through after 2 days, I have however had my notification of booking through to that same email address which makes me think that they have me down as my customer ref number but my email addy is another section of my profile and so it’s not syncing.

I think I went into the normal www.avfc.co.uk site using my customer ref as my email addy\username and then navigated through to the ticket sales section.

Cheers for your reply Jason.

I’ll let you know tomorrow night if I’ve successfully navigated the ticketing or not!

Offline The_ads

« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2019, 08:12:14 AM »

Ads can you confirm if that is direct from club or (near to my) judgement ?

The club will have allocated tickets to both of those criteria.  Everyone who wanted to go last year got one. That was based on 3+ and booking history only. This year, because of a smaller allocation and a higher average attendance, they’ve increased the criteria but essentially if you’ve been to VP 3 or more times this season you’re nailed on for a ticket.

They’ll be some left at booking history but that’ll be very much first come first served I suspect. Perhaps under 1000 tickets

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2019, 08:54:45 AM »

Cheers for your reply Jason.

I’ll let you know tomorrow night if I’ve successfully navigated the ticketing or not!

I think you can log in using your ID and postcode. Failing that ring the ticket office (took me 90 mins to get through yesterday) and they will manually reset for you

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal