collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53460 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2019, 02:10:16 AM »

Online CT Villan

« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2019, 02:33:02 AM »
Another emotional rollercoaster, I had a headache because my blood pressure was getting too high...I do hope we win the final a little more comfortably.

We weren't at our best, but that's a big ask when the opposition stifle the life out of the game. Albion were abysmal and the ref was a twat too. If we are to face dirty Leeds in the final we will need a very strong ref who will not tolerate the abuse they like to dish out.

My 8 year old daughter and I proudly wore our Villa shirts out to dinner tonight in Connecticut and the locals were none the wiser, but we knew :)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2019, 02:41:05 AM »
In case you wanted it to be any sweeter

Shan was a part of the coaching staff at childhood club Birmingham City

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2019, 03:04:43 AM »
I'll consider the merits of our performance tomorrow, with a tough game at Wembley in mind.
Until then Sandwell can just fuck off and when you've stopped being plastic 'Noses, fuck off some more and when you claim to hate Pulis but cheer that style of play fuck off a little further, and when you gloried in the handball fuck yourselves backwards, and when you pick and choose your rivals depending on how well they're doing, fuck off to Bilston and resume your spat with Wolves,  but most of all, just fuck off.

Fuckin roit 'n all.

Remember when they thought they were Barca under Woy "Wuh Ammah" Hodgson and used to shout hoof every time we, er, hoofed it. Look at them now.

Kicking for touch like a bunch of poncified egg-chasers and scoring from towel-assisted  line-outs, the stripey slags. And in our game there earlier in the season they were playing volleyball with that cheating beardy fuck spiking the ball into the net.

They have had a player sent off in their last 3 games, and it should have been more.   Fucking troglodytes.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2019, 03:07:18 AM »
Hope i never have to watch Adomah taking a pen for us ever again .As he walked up to take his pen all i could think of was his bloody awful pen at Burton which was just as bad. Why he was taking one instead of Jimmy Danger i would like to know

Oh, Adomah. A dreadful player. But then, Green had a chance to impress, and far from took it. I'd start Kodjia in the final, and let him drift around, or play two up and have him next to/behind Tammy.

Maybe he's better as an impact sub.

Anyway, fuck the Albion!!!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2019, 04:49:45 AM »
The game kicked off at 3 in the morning here on the west coast of oz.
I had been up from about one as I couldn't sleep worrying about the game.
I couldn't face watching the penalties so when it started I left the room.
I knew Albion were going first though so when I heard a roar I came back in to see they had missed the first one and told myself to toughen up and see it out.
It was just an utter relief when it was over.
I made it in to work and now feeling pretty shattered.
Albion were the masters of their own downfall with their time wasting in the first leg and defensive tactics and shocking fouls on Jack and SJM in both legs.
That's why they had a man sent off in each leg.
To think that they scored more goals than us this season and played like that they got what they deserved.
Only one team really wanted to win by playing football and that was us.
I'm really not worried about who we get at Wembley as long as we turn up this time.
UTV     PS....FTA

Online VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2019, 05:11:15 AM »
Overjoyed at the win, fucked off at my lack of faith meaning I booked a holiday 10 weeks ago which means I’m away for the final! I could cancel it, but it will probably mean I end up single.
And, what are the negatives?  ;)

Offline wombat

« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2019, 05:54:40 AM »
Woy "Wuh Ammah" Hodgson

It's Waaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww Hammuhhhhhhhhh........ Waaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww Hammuhhhhhhhhh  ;)

FTA

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2019, 06:15:49 AM »
The way they’re hailing their performance you’d think they were a non league team who’d taken Man City down to the wire.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #250 on: May 15, 2019, 06:23:44 AM »
Slight caption error on ITV's Good Morning Britain reads:
"Champions League: Aston Villa beat West Bromwich Albion 4-3"

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #251 on: May 15, 2019, 06:28:22 AM »
In case you wanted it to be any sweeter

Shan was a part of the coaching staff at childhood club Birmingham City

Now it makes why they sacked Villa fan Darren Moore.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2019, 06:29:01 AM »
Never underestimate the Bitters ability to weave dollops of sanctimony, injustice and faux valiance into any post Villa game discussion.  They're just a more aloof Blose.

'It ay fair' should be their club motto.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2019, 06:31:05 AM »
The problem with us playing 10 is we didn't make it count in wide positions as Taylor is useless in the final third so did support Al-Ghazi and both Green and Adoma offered nothing .

Right side is a big concern as we keep alternating between Green and Aldomah and never can stake a claim .Kodjia would be better offensively but you worry at his tracking back ..tough situation for Smith

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2019, 06:45:55 AM »
After a restless sleep I want to offer my honest view on what I saw last night, based on the emotional wringer that we were put through.

Steer - 7/10 - in the normal game didn’t have much to do but that period of brain dead distribution for 15 mins in the second half was ridiculous.
However, 10/10 in the penalty shootout for obvious reasons.

Elmo - 7.5 - worked tirelessly up and down the pitch, but could have offered more quality in the final third.

Taylor - 7  - again worked hard but doesn’t offer a lot going forward.

Mings - 9 - imperious and the back and worked like a Trojan to get us up the field. Very unlucky in the build up to their goal.

Axel - 8 - solid at the back. Did what he needed to do to keep ticking us over and moving the ball out without really being troubled.

McGinn - 8 - took a long while to get into the game. Got better and better as the game went on.

Hourihane- 9- did what he normally does but better. Was massively fouled during their goal.

Jack - 8.5 - gave everything. Involved in everything.

El Ghazi - 7 - saw a lot of the ball but because of their 10 man defence found it difficult to create any space for himself or deliver any real quality.

Tammy - 6.5 - poor showing from Tammy, was crowded out for much of the game and suffered with poor service into him.

Green - 2 - I’m going to be really harsh here. He offered nothing. Was a passenger the whole time he was on. The game was far,far too big for him.

Adomah - 6 - added a lot more than Green. Should have scored but credit to their goalie who made a great save. Piss poor penalty.

Kodjia - 5 - not really involved after he came on.

Jedinak - 10 - 1 touch, 1 goal, 1 stare that scare the shit out of me.

Deano - 7.5 - please dont select Green to start another game but thank you for getting us into this position and let’s finish the job.

Reading back It looks like I’m being negative. I’m not, far from it.
I am over the moon and all that.
A lot of our ineffectiveness came from the fact we were playing against a team who were totally negative and had 11 (10) men behind the ball for most of the game.
Most teams would struggle to break down that sort of set up.

And the fact they still resort to tactics from the dark ages, like having towels strategically placed so they can dry the ball to Chuck in long throws shows they can’t escape the Pullis mentality.

Fuck the Albion. Fuck their fouling and their cheating, and fuck the Albion again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:48:27 AM by andyh »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal