collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Norwich City Post-Match Thread  (Read 26908 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Norwich City Post-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 02:46:16 PM »
Classy from Villa, staying out to applaud Norwich.  Lots of Villa fans still in the ground.  I hope to fuck our fans are rewarded for their loyalty to Villa by us going up this season.  I've never seen fans who deserve so much, who have had delivered to them so little , over the last 8 years or so.  Get the job done Dean, please.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:48:06 PM by Newby »

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 02:48:35 PM »
Job done. Core of team rested for the games that matter, and onto the lottery of the playoffs we go.

If you'd said to me during the furore at the start of the season that we'd finish 5th and have sewn up a playoffs spot with weeks to spare, I'd have snapped your hand off. A huge well done to the new owners, Deano and the squad.

Let's not let it go to waste - Let's fuck the fuckers and get back to where we belong!

UTV

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
We had more than enough chances to get something from this match but we were clinically poor and sidetracked. Norwich played worse than us overall but they took theirs and we lost.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2019, 02:49:34 PM »
A narrow defeat.  Good to rest the 4 top players for the playoffs.

Whatever happens a big job in the summer on that performance for me.
On that performance with 6 players out you're judging the summer activity on that one match?

Well yes. I think if we’re promoted the 3 in midfield wouldn’t be in a premiership squad or if we’re still in this league aren’t good enough to get us promoted. Whelan a year older, Hourihane just not good enough and Lansbury we’ve not seen enough off.

Similar could be said of the defence and forwards. 
It's called the Premier League. Hourihane has been good enough in with Jack and John, how many goals and assists from Conor this season? They way you phrase it sounds like we played shit against a shit team.

I’m not a Hourihane fan to be fair; his goals and assists are good but with all the free kicks we get they should be.

I agree it’s the Premier League and can see Norwich doing about as well as Cardiff next year.

Overall I thought we did ok today but given players coming should be pushing for inclusion in the play off thought we were flat for large parts of the game and lacked a cutting edge.

Don’t mean to sound to downbeat as very much think we’re going in the right direction!

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2019, 02:51:24 PM »
I'm going for a Villa Derby final

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
Classy from Villa, staying out to applaud Norwich.  Lots of Villa fans still in the ground.

It's a little thing, but it pleases me.

If their last game was against LEeds, there'd probably be bottles of piss launched from the stands or something.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 02:54:08 PM »
I'm going for a Villa Derby final

If that's the case (and we obviously need to get past the Albion first), they'll be a different proposition to the side we beat 7-0 on aggregate this season. Might have to settle for 2-0.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2019, 02:55:45 PM »
A narrow defeat.  Good to rest the 4 top players for the playoffs.

Whatever happens a big job in the summer on that performance for me.
On that performance with 6 players out you're judging the summer activity on that one match?

Well yes. I think if we’re promoted the 3 in midfield wouldn’t be in a premiership squad or if we’re still in this league aren’t good enough to get us promoted. Whelan a year older, Hourihane just not good enough and Lansbury we’ve not seen enough off.

Similar could be said of the defence and forwards. 
It's called the Premier League. Hourihane has been good enough in with Jack and John, how many goals and assists from Conor this season? They way you phrase it sounds like we played shit against a shit team.

I’m not a Hourihane fan to be fair; his goals and assists are good but with all the free kicks we get they should be.

I agree it’s the Premier League and can see Norwich doing about as well as Cardiff next year.

Overall I thought we did ok today but given players coming should be pushing for inclusion in the play off thought we were flat for large parts of the game and lacked a cutting edge.

Don’t mean to sound to downbeat as very much think we’re going in the right direction!
I couldn't stand Hourihane, Whelan or Taylor but I have to give credit where it's due. All 3 might not be the best and there's better out there but all 3 have had key games for us where they have either won us 3 pts or saved us 3 and I think Smith's coaching and set up have improved them from when they first joined us.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2019, 03:12:23 PM »
Game 13 in an unbeaten run, oh well, as some mumbling, useless, former manager once said, we go again.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »
I’m a bit more disappointed about losing today than I expected.
I thought our makeshift team dominated the champions for large periods of the game and we carved out loads of chances again, so to lose to a poor goal is quite frustrating.
We really must be more clinical in front of goal.

The whole team acquitted themselves well other than Lansbury who worked hard but didn’t influence the game.
Keinan proved again he is going to be a very good player, he just needs to add goals.

Oh and Barney. I think he’s done. The fact he didn’t start today and his body language suggests to me that he’ll be off soon.

And so, onto the big one.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
Really impressed with large portions of today. Norwich were clinical as they have been all season. Fair play

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »
Nothing game really.

Started slowly and could have been two down inside 10 minutes, but after that and in the 2nd half in particular I thought we dominated them.

A full strength Villa would have murdered them, but it was wise to rest players as Leeds and the Albion have.

Lansbury a weak link, but Thor was even worse. You can't let players run at you like that.

Oh well. Not overly concerned. The focus is clearly on the Play Offs.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:37 PM »
BB awful today. Lansbury good. Green/Adomah not so good. Need AEG back. Good job his red was rescinded. Good to see Hutton on the pitch and he played his usual game but his time at the club is almost up. A remarkable run him considering how average he is.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:47 PM »

We really must be more clinical in front of goal.

Only the 82 goals scored.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »
I’m sorry, but guards of honour and shit like that for another team on our pitch really pisses me off. I could just about stand for a terse hand shake and a brisk nod of the head.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal