collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Norwich City Post-Match Thread  (Read 26870 times)

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Norwich City Post-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2019, 07:58:01 AM »
i noticed we played a lot of local Birmingham area music before kick off and at half time on Sunday

Black Sabbath
Ocean Colour scene
Dexy’s midnight runners
Ozzy
Judas Priest

is this something that’s been going on for ages without me noticing or is it a new thing ?

thought it was a good touch either way

They played them against Millwall as well, except against Millwall they also played Theme from a Unmade Silent Movie as well. Oh, they also played Roy Orbison (Penny Arcade) against Millwall as well, dont know what the reason for that one was?

Offline mike

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2019, 09:33:48 AM »
Me too. I dont know why there is any concern. Maybe its the years of hurt that is holding back the confidence. The way I see it with a full strength side we can beat anyone in the play-offs. The only reason we are not promoted yet is that we didnt have any defenders for the first half of the season and that issue is well and truly sorted now. Grealish and McGinn will drive us all the way back to the Prem

I know you're right, but it's the hope that kills you...

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2019, 09:58:53 AM »
I thought the Holte Enders in the sky was brilliant and moving. Well done AVFC.

So did I

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
i noticed we played a lot of local Birmingham area music before kick off and at half time on Sunday

Black Sabbath
Ocean Colour scene
Dexy’s midnight runners
Ozzy
Judas Priest

is this something that’s been going on for ages without me noticing or is it a new thing ?

thought it was a good touch either way

They played them against Millwall as well, except against Millwall they also played Theme from a Unmade Silent Movie as well. Oh, they also played Roy Orbison (Penny Arcade) against Millwall as well, dont know what the reason for that one was?

A Villa/Orbison fan posted this on Facebook, I know it's a popular song with Glasgow Rangers fans and is played all the time at Ibrox. I hope there is another reason why it was played a Villa Park, the former is a road we don't want to be going down.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
I don't think they need a reason for each and every song they play?

Good to hear Theme from an unmade silent movie get a airing recently.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2019, 02:24:17 PM »
I was watching some video about  week ago where Adomah was doing a Q&A, I think from a while back, and when asked who was the fastest and who was the most skilful Villa player said Green was in both cases.  For me Green potentially has everything except self belief.  He needs to back himself more and take on his man instead of stopping and looking for a pass every time.  I think Grealish was similar in some respects for a while, didn't always back himself and too often looked for a safe pass.   Now he just waltzes past opponents who can only stop him by fouling him.  Green needs to do likewise.

I mentioned on the Bree thread Green has everything you'd want from a modern winger, on paper, but there's clearly something wrong somewhere. It might just be in his head and getting the confidence will make the difference (this has been my stance for a while) but he needs to earn the time to build that confidence by showing clear improvement, I'm not sure he's doing that right now.

If any manager and coach are going to get consistency and improvement from him it's the ones we have. Green's early development was with managers that weren't up to it.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »

Piss poor effort by Tuanzebe for their winner. Kodjia flouncing on the ground for their first when he was too lazy to track the run. Hourihane looked very sharp in those highlights, going to be a tough call to leave him out. The midfield three of him, Grealish and McGinn dominated them at the Hawthorns but Whelan does give us more balance.

On the subject of Green, his first touch seems wooden, unable to keep possession when tightly marked. Given his frame, he should be well able to protect the ball. McGinn should give him a few tips! Green does tend to get plenty of goal chances though, another one there in first half that he really should have scored.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2019, 06:57:34 PM »
Well, Rangers sing it because of the UDA connection so I doubt that's the reason.

Perhaps we played in it tribute to Dr Xia.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2019, 07:39:39 PM »
Me too. I dont know why there is any concern. Maybe its the years of hurt that is holding back the confidence. The way I see it with a full strength side we can beat anyone in the play-offs. The only reason we are not promoted yet is that we didnt have any defenders for the first half of the season and that issue is well and truly sorted now. Grealish and McGinn will drive us all the way back to the Prem

We're toss playing in finals at  Wembley for a start.

Take last year. Even when we woke up in the second half we still didn't force one corner and think Jack mazy run was the only shot on target we had. We were playing 10 men for last 25 minutes so very poor although still not as bad as 2000 and 2015.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2019, 07:46:37 PM »
End of season game for us the players that came in did well enough we got to rest the main player's and no new injury worries.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2019, 07:48:24 PM »
Well, Rangers sing it because of the UDA connection so I doubt that's the reason.

They don't, but well done on managing to squeeze your obsession in. Now if you'd like to talk about the Villa, feel free.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:57:42 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2019, 10:08:35 PM »

We're toss playing in finals at  Wembley for a start.

Take last year. Even when we woke up in the second half we still didn't force one corner and think Jack mazy run was the only shot on target we had. We were playing 10 men for last 25 minutes so very poor although still not as bad as 2000 and 2015.

Just be sheer weight of numbers, we are destined to win one, but let us get there first.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2019, 04:18:07 AM »

They don't, but well done on managing to squeeze your obsession in. Now if you'd like to talk about the Villa, feel free.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHANKILL-ROAD-CD-NEW-ULSTER-LOYALIST-ORANGE-UDA-/202062907357

Not too bothered about Dr. Tone tbf or a fan of Calvinist Klein colognes.  ;)

Cheers, UTV!

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
Penny Arcade is always played at ibrox Rangers song

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal