collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909655 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #2025 on: June 19, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
Agree 100% Mike  George was very undervalued.  IMO.

How did we let the likes of Boateng, Southgate and Ugo leave us to join the might of Middlesboro??

I really hope this time we are sustainably competitive in the top division. Not the drain circling efforts at the tail end of the Ellis and Lerner reigns respectively. We appear much better set up off the park now at least.
Gibson was throwing money around , to the likes of Ravenilli , Juninho ( once spotted at villa)  and Zenden too .

Yet he seems to be moaning about the Villa flashing the cash 

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #2026 on: June 19, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
From the “other ‘football’ ” place
Joe Lolley’s getting involved on twitter.

“Typical of a small shit club”.
Looking  up Joe Lolley on twitter.
(Seems this was banter with his Blues fan footballing mate), but interested to read on top of being Villa, how socially engaged he is and not shy to say his piece.

“At 20, Joe Lolley was a university student paying to play football. Six months later he was in the Championship.

An interview on compassion, happiness and why living inside and outside the football bubble makes him different.”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/joe-lolley-exclusive-interview-nottingham-forest-austerity-nhs-brexit/

I wonder if Deano is after him?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2027 on: June 19, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »

(Seems this was banter with his Blues fan footballing mate), but interested to read on top of being Villa, how socially engaged he is and not shy to say his piece.

“At 20, Joe Lolley was a university student paying to play football. Six months later he was in the Championship.

An interview on compassion, happiness and why living inside and outside the football bubble makes him different.”

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/joe-lolley-exclusive-interview-nottingham-forest-austerity-nhs-brexit/

I bet it took him a while to delete his anti Martin O'Neill poists on Villatalk!

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #2028 on: June 19, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »
What’s the story?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2029 on: June 19, 2019, 02:59:50 PM »
What’s the story?

Back in the day when he was still at uni, he was just a normal and fairly prolific member of Villatalk.  It would be like one of the younger members on here suddenly going from playing five aside with his mates to being a £10m footballer.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #2030 on: June 19, 2019, 03:12:45 PM »
Ah yes, I recall regency to that now. Was that during your sabbatical from here Risso? I never did find out what the reason for your exile was?!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2031 on: June 19, 2019, 04:01:10 PM »
What’s the story?

Back in the day when he was still at uni, he was just a normal and fairly prolific member of Villatalk.  It would be like one of the younger members on here suddenly going from playing five aside with his mates to being a £10m footballer.

We had high hopes for SoccerHQ

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2032 on: June 19, 2019, 04:27:17 PM »
What’s the story?

We had high hopes for SoccerHQ

Like so many before him he squandered his God-given abilities on all night sessions with his mates at Red Cafe. Wink.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #2033 on: June 19, 2019, 04:54:41 PM »

Thanks for the link. Really good/interesting article and he comes across very well. With the current crazy transfer  market Forest got a bargain getting him for £500,000. 

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2034 on: June 19, 2019, 04:58:38 PM »
villareport

@villareport
Following Following @villareport
More
Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton has turned down a contract extension. Aston Villa and Bournemouth are both interested and could make a move in the next few weeks. [@johncrossmirror] #avfc

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2035 on: June 19, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
Defo take Heaton over Butland.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #2036 on: June 19, 2019, 05:44:52 PM »
Heaton is 7 years older than Butland, so I'm not sure I would be targeting him instead.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2037 on: June 19, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »
I’d be happy to sign whoever Neil Cutler thinks is best personally.  Like the impact Heaton had getting back in at Burnley & Butland was better than how Stoke performed all season.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #2038 on: June 19, 2019, 06:57:29 PM »
Unless there is a clause to buy we’re not taking any more loans to help other teams out.

I am hoping that the club’s stance here is a nice sound bite rather than policy.  I like message it sends but...

...if we don’t take the player then someone else will, so there’s no gain there.  It could be a loss if a rival takes the player and improves as a consequence.

Secondly, taking promising players on loan is a great way of getting into their psyche/soul.  Take Mings for example (and Tammy), do you think they’d be publicly angling for a move (or rejecting Wolves) if they hadn’t been here on loan originally.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 07:37:52 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #2039 on: June 19, 2019, 07:17:37 PM »
Apparently West Ham were having a look at Marvelous Nakamba last season. He's got good reviews as being a tough tackler and strong - would he get a work permit though? I'm not overly bothered about fees - it's gone silly season and anyone half decent looks like they're going to cost £10-20M. I'm more worried that we don't put too many players who haven't played in the UK together because they will take a few months to get used to the pace.

Apparently we would have to apply for a special work permit. This article is better than the Mail's - https://www.chronicle.co.zw/nakamba-on-villa-radar/

His International team mate looks handy too. Tinotenda Kadewere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal