collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909897 times)

Offline Kimaster1976

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1905 on: June 18, 2019, 11:19:29 AM »
Every article I seem to click on about any Villa player either signed or linked Noel Whelan seems to have a quote and opinion about it, its really starting to annoy me.

What the hell has Noel Whelan got to do with us or how does he know anything about us, he was a nobody who hasn't been seen or heard from in 10 years so why he seems the go to guy for a quote regarding us I have no idea!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #1906 on: June 18, 2019, 11:21:19 AM »
Every article I seem to click on about any Villa player either signed or linked Noel Whelan seems to have a quote and opinion about it, its really starting to annoy me.

What the hell has Noel Whelan got to do with us or how does he know anything about us, he was a nobody who hasn't been seen or heard from in 10 years so why he seems the go to guy for a quote regarding us I have no idea!
I was thinking exactly the same. And when you read what he says it's pretty easy to spot he knows absolutely feck all about us!

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1907 on: June 18, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »

I was thinking exactly the same. And when you read what he says it's pretty easy to spot he knows absolutely feck all about us!

I need to stop clicking

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1908 on: June 18, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
I just came on here to moan about that. Headline was something along the lines of "Whelan rips into new Villa signing", and so I, naturally, assumed Glenn had been interviewed and was disappointed that he seemed to be acting in a bitter manner.

One click made me realise it was an interview with the legendary Noel Whelan saying Wesley may take some time to settle...

Hardly Earth-shattering journalism.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1909 on: June 18, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »
I just came on here to moan about that. Headline was something along the lines of "Whelan rips into new Villa signing", and so I, naturally, assumed Glenn had been interviewed and was disappointed that he seemed to be acting in a bitter manner.

One click made me realise it was an interview with the legendary Noel Whelan saying Wesley may take some time to settle...

Hardly Earth-shattering journalism.

Jesus, they plumb new depths every day.

"Shocker! McGrath says standard of back line at Villa is appalling!"

*stupidly clicks on link*

"TV funny man Rory McGrath is very disappointed with the standard of the tennis court markings at his Marbella holiday home."

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1910 on: June 18, 2019, 12:33:35 PM »
So, in the nicest possible way, but what the fuck is Noel Whelan?

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #1911 on: June 18, 2019, 12:36:16 PM »
So, in the nicest possible way, but what the fuck is Noel Whelan?

Instead he the goofy c☆nt who used to play upfront for Coventry in their "glory days" of finishing 14th in the prem?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1912 on: June 18, 2019, 12:37:18 PM »

I need to stop clicking

I don't any more. I only click if it's Official Site/BBC/SKY and it's saying that we've actually signed someone. Otherwise i just come on here. If it looks vague it most certainly will be.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1913 on: June 18, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
Some rumours of Kalinic to Nantes

Part exchange?  Have they any talent?

Valentin Rongier

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1914 on: June 18, 2019, 01:45:50 PM »
Some rumours of Kalinic to Nantes

Part exchange?  Have they any talent?

Valentin Rongier

Valentin Rongier sounds like an aging lothario played by Sid James in a Carry On film.

A for Noel Whelan, it must be something to do with the surname. Wigan's Dave Whelan used to spout off about stuff that wasn't his business all the time too.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1915 on: June 18, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1916 on: June 18, 2019, 01:49:22 PM »
Alan Nixon saying we've enquired about Adam Webster at Bristol?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1917 on: June 18, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
Good player on the ball. I quite like him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1918 on: June 18, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
Stoke City have signed a new goalkeeper. Butland heading to either us or B'mouth. No disrespect but he is unlikely to choose  the Seasiders however I think we should not pay £20 m. Best to do a deal with  them and stand off Butland if they agree to transfer Mings for £1M in double quick time.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1919 on: June 18, 2019, 02:42:20 PM »
Stoke City have signed a new goalkeeper. Butland heading to either us or B'mouth. No disrespect but he is unlikely to choose  the Seasiders however I think we should not pay £20 m. Best to do a deal with  them and stand off Butland if they agree to transfer Mings for £1M in double quick time.

must be a few players we can throw in to get the cash side down?  Tishbola Lansbury or Green on loan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal