collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 909782 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1200 on: June 08, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
Where did you hear that TV?

It’s someone I follow on Twitter called AV Agent. He’s pretty much been on the money when he does mention things. So while not 100% (they never are until the shirt stretching happens) there seems a decent chance that the offer has been made.

Picked up now on Newsnow too. Story copied from the Daily Star from a French outlet. 10m Euros.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1201 on: June 08, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
I'm sure Dean worked with some good players but like...if they're that good why didn't Brentford get promoted themselves?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1202 on: June 08, 2019, 04:41:45 PM »
Perhaps I'm being a bit impatient but I'll feel better once new signings, especially Mings arrive. The squad looks awfully thin at the moment. I thought I could relax after all the drama and stress of the play-offs!
I'd like our owners to put a marker down with a marquee signing like Gomez. No point pissing around!

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #1203 on: June 08, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »
I'm sure Dean worked with some good players but like...if they're that good why didn't Brentford get promoted themselves?
My thoughts as well. Actually, Dean Smith hasn't worked with him that much, as he only started him 4 times in the league.
I only saw Brentford when they played well but they also had a habit of going on some poor runs. Moreover, playing at Brentford and Villa are necessarily different challenges, as Hogan soon found out; although I think Benrahma is a much better player.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #1204 on: June 08, 2019, 05:20:21 PM »
These sites on Twitter seem to be reporting El Ghazi has signed a 4 year deal. Not sure though, it's all Dutch to me.
https://www.vtbl.nl/nieuws/artikel/4739756/el-ghazi-verlengt-en-blijft-langer-bij-aston-villa
https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=353212

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1205 on: June 08, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »
My thoughts as well. Actually, Dean Smith hasn't worked with him that much, as he only started him 4 times in the league.
I only saw Brentford when they played well but they also had a habit of going on some poor runs. Moreover, playing at Brentford and Villa are necessarily different challenges, as Hogan soon found out; although I think Benrahma is a much better player.
Smith must have signed him though.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1206 on: June 08, 2019, 05:33:16 PM »

I imagine that he had talented players just not enough of them or the squad depth to see it through. But there is no doubt he managed to bring through or acquire a number of very talented players who could make the step up. What will be critical is that we just don’t rely on that approach and that we add 2 or 3 proven quality pieces. We have lots to do so we will need to bring a number of players who will be starting and challenging to start across the PL season.

Online jwarry

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1208 on: June 08, 2019, 05:40:26 PM »

I imagine that he had talented players just not enough of them or the squad depth to see it through. But there is no doubt he managed to bring through or acquire a number of very talented players who could make the step up. What will be critical is that we just don’t rely on that approach and that we add 2 or 3 proven quality pieces. We have lots to do so we will need to bring a number of players who will be starting and challenging to start across the PL season.
On this point about Brentford players stepping up, it's interesting that Mepham has not had many games at Bournemouth since his January move. Unless you count 13 as 'many'.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1209 on: June 08, 2019, 05:47:30 PM »
Isn’t it usual these days that clubs talk to players before they agree the fee? If so, I wonder if the Brentford deal is further down the line?

Offline hilts_coolerking

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #1211 on: June 08, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
Only got one year left on his deal there, I think?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1212 on: June 08, 2019, 06:17:49 PM »
He isn’t going to be anything close to that. With all due respect to Brentford but Aston Villa have come calling and we have offered a very good price for player they only got last year for a lot less than that. If they get stupid about it the player will get fucked off so they will end up coming to an agreement. It’s the food chain and it has happened to us and will again.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1213 on: June 08, 2019, 06:27:51 PM »

Well we've either been been linked with or had people recommending Maupay, Benrahmi, Sawyers, Henry, Barbet, Watkins  and Konsa.  Sign them and they practically will have been promoted by stealth.

Offline hilts_coolerking

« Reply #1214 on: June 08, 2019, 06:29:38 PM »

Well we've either been been linked with or had people recommending Maupay, Benrahmi, Sawyers, Henry, Barbet, Watkins  and Konsa.  Sign them and they practically will have been promoted by stealth.
Who knew the secret to the Premier League was buried in Brentford?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal